Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default TIC and compliance

So I started an application for a TIC (nothing like waiting till the last minute). In the equipment section of the grant it asks if this equipment will bring us into compliance to some standard, whether it be federal, state, local, NFPA standard, etc. There is no box to check NO, and to my knowledge there is no standard requiring a TIC. What do they mean by "compliance" and how could I answer that truthfully? Thanks

MembersZone Subscriber

Very good question. Our application is for rescue equipment. I am in limbo over the answer to this as well...

Beth

MembersZone Subscriber

Recent post re:TIC someone mentioned NFPA 1500 and a provision about providing other equipment necessary for the safety of firefighters. Was a pretty broad statement. No time to search right now.

earl (working today)

MembersZone Subscriber

Beth--Same thing could probably be said for rescue equipment.

earl

MembersZone Subscriber

As Earl pointed out, NFPA 1500 has a section which relates to the TIC, but doesn't specifically talk about the TIC.

The TIC is related to equipment used by RIT.

NFPA 1500 states, ďA RIC shall be fully equipped with the appropriate protective clothing, protective equipment, SCBA, and any specialized rescue equipment that could be needed given the specifics of the operation under wayĒ (NFPA, 2007, 1500-8.8.2.1).

"Any specialized equipment" is an opened ended statement, but TIC is an important piece of equipment used by RIT's.

MembersZone Subscriber

That,I feel is a good move as in our 2005 AFG award, we recieved a TIC and RIT equipment under that same NFPA standard.

Thread Information