Forum Member

[QUOTE=MalahatTwo7;805187]
    Quote Originally Posted by ndvfdff33 View Post

Sorry Ryan. Just proof positive that I'm a True-blue Westcoaster.... although I dont much like Kokanee. There is one microbrew that I did sort of like - just can't remember the name of it. They serve it at the Goldstream Inn, on Goldstream Rd, Langford. Its ... not a dark beer, but darker than a lager. Tastes pretty good too.
    It's ok. Everyone in Canada knows that west coasters can't drink like us on the east anyways. It's all good I guess
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

MembersZone Subscriber

there's a beer out there called Sweet Poosie

MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

[QUOTE=ndvfdff33;805298]
    Quote Originally Posted by MalahatTwo7 View Post

It's ok. Everyone in Canada knows that west coasters can't drink like us on the east anyways. It's all good I guess
    BRING IT ON... BRING IT ON... My mothers side of the family is 100% Ukrainian, and my Dad was 75% Ukrainian, with the remainder being French and German. Besides who would want to drink like a bunch of EastCoast woosies anyhow ehehehehehehheee.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Forum Member

[QUOTE=MalahatTwo7;805344]
    Quote Originally Posted by ndvfdff33 View Post

BRING IT ON... BRING IT ON... My mothers side of the family is 100% Ukrainian, and my Dad was 75% Ukrainian, with the remainder being French and German. Besides who would want to drink like a bunch of EastCoast woosies anyhow ehehehehehehheee.
    My Moms side is Acadien And English, Followed by Scottish on the old mans. We could have a good little go at er. You mainlanders just dont know what real beer is because you guys all water down your beer. It's not the same. A Keiths on the East is not the same as a Keiths in Ontario or Other parts.
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

MembersZone Subscriber

Ummm... actually although I was born a "Mainlander" - north central BC, I lived almost my entire life in the Victoria area.... so although I started as a Mountain Boy, I'm really an Islander.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

MembersZone Subscriber

Might as well add Kentucky Horse ****** beer and ****** Beer from Australia to the list.

[IMG]http://www.horse****beer.com/images/web_label506_nb8n.jpg[/IMG]

MembersZone Subscriber

I should also add that Butt-weiser beer to the list too... Anyone who drinks something that came from barrels being towed by horses...... {how do you think they fill them barrels anyhow?}

And since it is "beer" related, just got this from my boss...

DEEP THOUGHTS BY MEN WHILE FISHING

Two men are out ice fishing at their favorite fishing hole, just fishing quietly and drinking beer.

Almost silently, so as not to scare the fish, Mel says, "I think I'm
    going to divorce my wife - she hasn't spoken to me in over 2 months."

Earl continues slowly sipping his beer, then thoughtfully says, "You
    better think it over - women like that are hard to find."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MalahatTwo7 View Post
    Ummm... actually although I was born a "Mainlander" - north central BC, I lived almost my entire life in the Victoria area.... so although I started as a Mountain Boy, I'm really an Islander.

Once a mainlander always a mainlander my friend. Can't change your roots.

Ryan

MembersZone Subscriber

Remember this one???
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Jason Knecht
    Assistant Chief
    Altoona Fire Dept.
    Altoona, WI

IACOJ - Director of Cheese and Whine
    http://www.cheddarvision.tv/
    EAT CHEESE OR DIE!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainGonzo View Post
    There isn't enough space on the firehouse.com server to either post pics or a list of all the ales, beers, porters and stouts I have enjoyed over the years!
    I don't quite have the years, but I've got a variety.

Forum Member

IACOJ Member

MembersZone Subscriber

Predictable...but there you go...

Steve Dude
    IACOJ member
    www.fireservice.co.uk

London Fire Brigade...."Can Do"

'Irony'... It's a British thing.

Forum Member

Ok Malahat and NDVFDFF33 It's time for another CANUCK to chime in. I was born and raised on the only Island in Canada that truely matters. VANCOUVER ISLAND! As a true Islander I can tell you the only good beer is LUCKY LAGER Now NDVFDFF33 I will admit that the East Coast boys can drink,(almost as much as us Island boys), however you aint a East Coaster. Your from Ontario man... check the map you aint nothing but a Centeral Canada Tea sipper. Damm it man an American could almost out drink you. No offence to our brothers in the South.

Cheers Firedog21
    I.A.F.F. Proud

MembersZone Subscriber

Damm it man an American could almost out drink you. No offence to our brothers in the South.
    DDOOOOOOOOHHHHHH!! That ones gonna hurt in the morning. eheheheehehehe

But 'Dog, you can keep the "Lucky".... Hmmm... methinks you be a Cowichan Valley Boy???? Last time I saw Lucky on sale in a pub was at the Lake Cowichan Curling Club when the station put in a curling team for a fund raiser a few years back..... that was about the only beer they were selling. Kinda makes ya say "Hmmmmm??" heheehehheheee

Forum Member

Here is what I drink.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
    For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
    Shall be my brother;..." - King Henry V - Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Catch22 View Post
    It's not the brightest thing to come into a topic and try to provoke a bunch of guys/gals with more time on the firehouse crapper than you do in the firehouse.
    "crispitycrunchitypeanutbutter y t0ast" - DFurtman

Forum Member

Hey Malahat

Cowichan Valley no way man, my parents aren't related to each other. Think way further North, About Two hours more North.

Cheers Firedog21
    I.A.F.F. Proud

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by firedog21 View Post
    Hey Malahat

Cowichan Valley no way man, my parents aren't related to each other. Think way further North, About Two hours more North.

Cheers Firedog21
    I.A.F.F. Proud
    Comox Valley? Or Campbell River area?

Hey T0asty.... P.C. Rootbeer eh? hhmmmm.... rather "revealling" LOL Not too many US locations sell that stuff.

Forum Member

Malahat

I aint no sissy Valley boy. Yup you guessed it a Campbell River boy. Home of the Salmon fishing Capital of the World.

Cheers Firedog21
    I.A.F.F. Proud

Forum Member
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

LMFAO firedog!!! Interesting twist to the conversation. I'm learning so much about Island family relations ummmm relationships, and up-Island rivalries Wasn't Campbell River really low on that list that just came out of the best/worst communities in Canada? Along with Duncan and Port Alberni.
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Forum Member

Well Respect Campbell River is one of the better places to live on the Island. It recieves top billing all the time. In fact some British magazine just rated Campbell River as the # 1 city to live in. Besides if this place was so bad it wouldn't be full of all you Damn Albertans looking for place to live. Once 1 Albertan moves out here, in a week his whole family is packing up and moving here too. LOL

Cheers Firedog21
    I.A.F.F. Proud

MembersZone Subscriber

Actually of all the "Up" Island places to be, I'd rather be in C.R. than pretty much anywhere else. You really can't beat the weather (most of the year) and the camping/fishing is truly awesome. Not too many places on the planet can you get up at 4am, hit the water and fish salmon till around 10am, tie up alongside, swing a round of 18, and then for "supper" do a little night skiing (not that I have any interest in winter sports: I'd rather just sit in the hot tub! ).

I can mostly do without the mills there (I spent my summers up in PG, so I "know" pulp mills LOL) but between the beauty of the region itself and the location in general, it is very nice. But ....

I STILL LIKE THE VICTORIA AREA BETTER!

Forum Member
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

LOL good comeback.

I was actually just buggin' ya though. I have no idea where Campbell River placed on that list I heard them yabbering about on the radio the other day. The Island communities didn't fare well though, which is insanity. Guelph beat us for crying out loud!

I've never been to anywhere up Island yet. As Rick can attest to, I've only been to Spectacle Lake and Mill Bay to the grocery store, and some little beach a bit down the road from there ... Bamberton? Well Jenn and the girls and I did drive a bit further than Mill Bay one day. I think we made it to the outskirts of Duncan, but I'm not really sure, and I hardly think that qualifies as having "been to Duncan". Would LOVE to get the chance to see the Island and do some exploring though, I'm sure I'll be open-jawed the whole way. Victoria is nice, but I'm sure it's just the tip of the iceberg and there's a plethora (haha) of spectacular scenery to see.
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

MembersZone Subscriber

Well Sheri, mostly you aren't missing much, but the Comox Valley is actually very nice, and so is the Campbell River area. There is a lot of logging and mining and fishing history up that way, but the scenery really is truly awesome. Not quite Banff/Jasper awesome, but a very close second! LOL

MembersZone Subscriber

Then...
    Name:  turbodog_glass.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  7.2 KB

Now...
    Name:  untitled.bmp
Views: 193
Size:  64.3 KB
    BRFD Eng. 1

Forum Member

Malahat

I know what you mean about Prince George being a stinky mill town. Port Alberni is the same too. Both those towns have thier mills in the center of town. The mill in Campbell River is North of town, and the wind generaly blows south/east here so most days you cann't even smell the mill. however there is times when you can smell it though, but I dont think its that toxic though. Or thats at least what all those three headed babies say.

Cheers Firedog21
    I.A.F.F. Proud

Thread Information