MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs up Driver/Operator gloves

I've been doing some driving lately and I can't find any gloves that I like to run the pump with. I tried leather, extrication, and rescue gloves. What do you guys like?

MembersZone Subscriber

Forum Member

I use a neoprene glove, almost like a diving glove, that has some type grip on the palm and fingers. It is not the best when it is real cold and usually develops holes between the fingers, but keeps your hands mostly dry and the grip stuff is good for grabbing appliance, caps etc. You should be able to get them at like Cabela's or L.L. Bean or some place like that.

DVFD

Thumbs up Gloves

Try your local army navy surplus. They have flight gloves they are very thin and have a leather palm and underside of the fingers. They are also thin enough to put leathers over if its real cold.

K Dugas
    Duson Vol.Fire Dept.
    FF1 Haz Mat OP's

MembersZone Subscriber

I've never had a problem with a broken in pair of regular leather work gloves that fit properly.

I don't like mechanics. Having used them to work on pumps in the Navy, they can take awhile to dry out and I know AFFF will make them stink for a long while.
    Co 11
    Virginia Beach FD

Amateurs practice until they get it right; professionals practice until they cannot get it wrong. Which one are you?

'The fire went out and nobody got hurt' is a poor excuse for a fireground critique.

Thread Information