Thread: New brush truck

MembersZone Subscriber

Default New brush truck

Has anyone purchesed a new brush truck lately that has any recommendation on brand or style. i.e the size of the BRAT.

Forum Member

Blue Hills in Bloomfield Ct just recieved the 1st "full" BRAT in CT.

MembersZone Subscriber

What are people paying for Brats or other brush trucks?

Forum Member

Default Brush Truck

My name is Bryan May I am a sales rep. for Phoenix Trailer & Body we manufacturer brush firefighting apparatus as well as other emergency apparatus for firefighting, ems, police. Our product line meets all NFPA & OSHA standards. We have several different lines of brush truck to choose from from standard pick-up trucks to utility bed, we will manufacture on any chassis. Currently we have a brush truck in manufacturing stages. Hamilton Texas have recently took delivery of the their new f-550 flat-bed brush truck with a skid unit manufactured by our company. This apparatus has a 400 gallon poly tank with a 2-be18v Darley 18 HP pump and a electric booster hose reel with a 100' of 1" booster hose this unit has a full LED emergency lighting package with a Whelen 295hf siren mounted on a 2008 Ford F-550 regular cab chassis 6 speed standard transmission four wheel drive and scotty around the ppump foam system with a 8 gallon foam cell.For more information or a reference on our company from the Hamilton Volunteer Fire Department Please contact Asst Chief Art Galindo 254-612-3870 or you may contact myself at 724-420-3481 or our main office at 248-446-8960 and ask to speak to Bryan May i would be more then happy to work up a set of specifications.
    (Attached is a picture of Hamilton Fire Departments Apparatus & Information our brush apparatus line)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Forum Member

Bryan, Have you had good luck in terms of reliability with the F-550? and how much did that rig cost that you posted the pic of?

thanks.

Forum Member

Thumbs up

So far so good we have not had a single problem with the 2008 f-550 i have heard rumors that some departments have had problems currently we have not had any problems to date. The total cost of that unit delivered was $56,000. please advise me if there is anything i can do or i can get you mor information about our apparatus line

MembersZone Subscriber

Here's a pic of Blue Hill's B.R.A.T.

MembersZone Subscriber

I think the BRAT is a nice concept, but after having seen one in person right after they came out - I think I'll pass.
    Way too heavy and way too low to the ground for any legitimate off-road use. It looks more like a mini-pumper with body armor than a true off-road vehicle.

Forum Member

Bryan do you have any more pictures of some of the brush trucks you have built ? Could you send them to me at eng645@people pc.com Thanks Nick

Forum Member

The fire dept where i live bought a brush truck fom alexis i would reccomend them to anyone if they are looking for a brush truck

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by joesnod98 View Post
    The fire dept where i live bought a brush truck fom alexis i would reccomend them to anyone if they are looking for a brush truck
    we just ordered to f-550 from weis fire great trucks and a great company to work with so check them out at weisfire.com

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Ford F55o Brush Units

Just Food For Thought I Have Worked With Both F450 And F550 And Have Found Them To Be Reliable To An Extent. Some Problems Is Turbo Problems With 6.0 Diesel, Hard To Find That Size Of Off Road Tires, Overheating With Engine. Other Than That Pretty Reliable Once All The Bugs Were Worked Out. I Highly Recommend Either F450 Or F550 4x4 With 6.0 Or 6.4 Diesel And Auto Transmission As It Handles The Weight Of Water And Or Skid Unit Very Well. We Still Have In Our Dept. Two Dodge 3500 4x4 With One V-10 Engine And The Other With 360 V-8 And They Both Have Standard Transmission And We Had Too Replace The Clutch At Least A Dozen Times On Both And They Are 1998-1999 Year Trucks. If We Could Do It Over We Would Probably Buy Dodge 3500 4x4 With Cummins And New Auto Trans. Good Luck With Your Truck.

Thread Information