MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Default For Nozz And A Few Others Out There

Rage Against Machine Wants Bush To Be Tried, Killed
    Band Reunites After Seven Years

POSTED: 7:08 pm EDT May 1, 2007

INDIO, Calif. -- Rage Against the Machine didn't lose their musical edge or their hardcore political views in the seven years since they broke up.

They reunited at the Coachella festival last weekend. To fans, it was if the band had never left.

Fans pumped their fists in the air in unison with lead singer Zach de la Rocha. De la Rocha went on a political rant comparing Bush administration officials to Nazi war criminals. He said the current administration "should be tried and hung and shot."

Bjork was back in all her weird glory. Bjork appeared on stage in a headdress with giant pompoms and a cape of multiple colors as she was backed by an all-female brass band dressed in Day-Glo colors.

She threw off the cape to reveal a green-and-orange hula skirt and a bodice with bones on it. Rufus Wainwright said he's jealous because he has only one French horn player and she has many more.

Amy Winehouse told the crowd during her performance despite her bouffant hair and her shoes, she's not that big. She said she just met Danny DeVito and he's her size.

Meanwhile, officials said many people attended the festival over the three days but police said there were few problems.

Indio police spokesman Ben Guitron said fewer than 100 people were arrested, most of them for investigation of drug or alcohol use.

He said there were a couple reports of people being treated for drug overdoses and that triple-digit temperatures on Saturday led to some cases of heat exhaustion. The audience had many bikini-clad women and bare-chested men.

Performers at the weekend rock festival also included Lily Allen and the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Forum Member

"should be tried and hung and shot."
    Shouldn't the "hung and shot" be after a fair trial? Apparently, this "person" doesn't need to wait for the trial to make their decision.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Bones42 View Post
    Shouldn't the "hung and shot" be after a fair trial? Apparently, this "person" doesn't need to wait for the trial to make their decision.
    How many lynch parties have there been in this and other "Western" countries over the past 500 or 600 years?
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

MembersZone Subscriber

Isn't that redundant? Usually its either hung, OR shot.. rarely do you have to do both.
    So you call this your free country
    Tell me why it costs so much to live
    -3dd

MembersZone Subscriber

I saw Bjork on SNL last week.

She is starting to show her age a little, but still as wild as always. I have never considered myself a particular "fan", but like a strangely beautiful train wreck, I can't take my eyes off of her.

And as for the Rage crew, I think you could find a nice little place for them in Guantanamo right next to that FF Rapper who wants to "Kill all the pigs".
    Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

Forum Member

It should actually be "hanged".

Being "hung" is generally considered a GOOD thing.

I can imagine Laura reading that quote and saying, "Yes! Yes! He should be hung!"
    Last edited by randsc; 05-02-2007 at 03:31 PM.

Forum Member

That's unfortunate. I like the song, "Sleep now in the Fire." I had it on my "Fire music" playlist.

Guerilla Radio was awesome too.
    "Yeah, but as I've always said, this country has A.D.D." - Denis Leary

http://www.lettertogop.com/

Forum Member

Fack the commie bastages.
    I believe them bones are me. Some say we are born into the grave. I feel so alone, gonna end up a big ol' pile a them bones

-J. Cantrell

MembersZone Subscriber

I love RATM but sometimes they go a lil too far. They hated Clinton. They hate Bush.... Who do they want?

And I doubt Nozz will see this for a while. He appears to be inactive or such.

And Rage had some great songs but their political views get the best of them

Forum Member

FYI..."The Nozz" has been granted a few days off by the powers that be.
    I believe them bones are me. Some say we are born into the grave. I feel so alone, gonna end up a big ol' pile a them bones

-J. Cantrell

Forum Member

This is why I support bands like Drowning Pool........Here they are in Iraq putting
    on a show for the troops.

******=================
    ******================
    ******=================
    ******================
    =======================
    =======================
    =======================

------GOD BLESS AMERICA ! ------

MembersZone Subscriber

This is why I support bands like Drowning Pool........Here they are in Iraq putting
    on a show for the troops.
    Not to take away from Drowning Pool but there have been tons of comedians and bands that have performed for the troops yet are still against the war and Bush. But I just dont think RATM will have that chance

Forum Member

I'm not trying to defend anyone here - but really, there's nothing more provocative than a thread title with someone's name in it, essentially daring them to reply.

Them be fighting words!
    "Yeah, but as I've always said, this country has A.D.D." - Denis Leary

http://www.lettertogop.com/

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by GodSendRain View Post
    I'm not trying to defend anyone here - but really, there's nothing more provocative than a thread title with someone's name in it, essentially daring them to reply.

Them be fighting words!
    You are almost correct. That was an anticipated by-product of the title, however it was more to draw attention that even though we have our disagreements in here, there are some on the "Outside" who would agree with at least a few of the Brothers here. I was meaning no disrespect in this instance.

Banned

Wouldn't the tried part cover that?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by HotTrotter View Post
    Wouldn't the tried part cover that?
    Not really because I think in this case, the jury has made its decision and the Judge has passed sentence. The "trial" in this instance is for appearance sake only.

MembersZone Subscriber

I just have a hard time with anyone threatening in such a manner. Even if you don't support him, you can think he's a total @ss, but threats like those get special attention.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MalahatTwo7 View Post
    Not really because I think in this case, the jury has made its decision and the Judge has passed sentence. The "trial" in this instance is for appearance sake only.
    Ohh, just like it was in Iraq before we liberated those people. Of course we were really there for the oil. Then again, if the liberals weren't driving up the cost of energy with all of this global warming nonsense we wouldn't need their oil in the first place.

Forum Member

I thought we were there for an endless supply of sand to make glass with. Guess I have to be less agressive with hooking the windows.

-J. Cantrell

MembersZone Subscriber

RATM will hate everyone all the time.

It is their trademark, what they are known for. Like Milli Vanilli for their great vocal skills......Oh wait, um....
    Jason Knecht
    Assistant Chief
    Altoona Fire Dept.
    Altoona, WI

IACOJ - Director of Cheese and Whine
    http://www.cheddarvision.tv/
    EAT CHEESE OR DIE!!

Thread Information