Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default SkidCar/Van/Truck training

Hello all...I'm on the job outside of Rochester NY, and work PT for one of the commercial ambulance agencies in the area. In addition to the regular patient care aspect of the ambulance, I'm also one of the lead driver training instructors. Being blessed with 6 months of bad weather in western NY, we have enough accidents and fender benders..of which I use the drive-cam footage of in my training classes. I saw this in one of the trade journals at the firehouse last night, and was curious to see if any Fire and/or EMS agencies use the Skid car/van/truck. If they do, I'd like to know if the agencies have seen a decline of accidents in the bad weather, and / or a decreased OOS time for vehicle maintainence (like not replacing brake pads in bad weather every week), and how often personnel are trainied with it...thanks you.

MembersZone Subscriber

I noticed that you mentioned drive cams in your post. I was approached by a nearby EMS department looking for policies/SOGs regarding drive cams. Are you able to send me any? Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Chris Daly
    www.drivetosurvive.org

Thread Information