Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber MalahatTwo7's Avatar
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Thumbs up Wwwaayyyy Kuuulll

'Milkshake Man' Makes Shakes Under Fire

POSTED: 9:16 am EDT April 27, 2007
    UPDATED: 9:48 am EDT April 27, 2007

RAMADI, Iraq -- Abraham Chacka's weapon in the Iraq war is a blender.

He's the milkshake man at the U.S. Army outpost in Ramadi. Chacka gives the GIs a taste of home by whipping up shakes from Baskin-Robbins ice cream.

He goes through about 15 3-gallon drums a day.

Chacka, who's from India, works for a U.S. military dining services contractor. He has to endure the insurgent attacks on the base and has seen more combat than many soldiers.

The American GIs are glad they have Chacka's shakes to look forward to when they get back inside the wire. Sgt. Eric Hutzell, of Ashtabula, Ohio, said the shakes help with morale and ease the stress.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press.

For anyone who has never been overseas under similar conditions... little things like this go A HUGE LONG WAY to make life a little more tolerable.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

MembersZone Subscriber MalahatTwo7's Avatar
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Thumbs up

Prom Dresses Provided To Financially-Strapped Students

POSTED: 1:59 pm EDT May 4, 2007
    UPDATED: 2:06 pm EDT May 4, 2007

WASHINGTON -- Once Upon A Prom is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing prom dresses to young women who could not otherwise afford them.

Three young professionals in the nation's capital who believe that the prom is a defining moment in a young woman's life created once Upon A Prom.

To get involved, donate your formal gown or fancy party dress (from 2000 to present). Please make sure donated dresses are in excellent condition, cleaned, and on a hanger.

Dress can be dropped off at 2900 M Street NW in D.C., Monday-Friday between 11 a.m. and 6 p.m., and Saturday between noon and 5 p.m.

Monetary donations can be mailed to Once Upon A Prom, PO Box 3538, Washington, D.C., 20027-

To arrange for a pickup or delivery of a dress please send an email to:
    princess@onceuponaprom.org.

Copyright 2007 by nbc4.com.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Thread Information