MembersZone Subscriber

Default Run clarification

OK, I'm doing my last minute look-over on my grants. One question comes to my mind. We seperate our runs in a manner that if we have a MVC, the MVC is a run then each patient is a run. In years past, it's my understanding they only count as one run. I assume the same still applies for this year? The reason I ask is that it'd boost my EMS runs substantially.

MembersZone Subscriber

Same thing applies this year, one run.

Forum Member

Default First Responder

Under the EMS BLS Response calls can I list all first responder calls? We are a non transport department but have first responder training and some are EMT's. That's what I can figure out where to put those.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by SMNFirefighter View Post
    Under the EMS BLS Response calls can I list all first responder calls? We are a non transport department but have first responder training and some are EMT's. That's what I can figure out where to put those.
    Here's the full discussion:
    http://forums.firehouse.com/showthread.php?t=89354

Executive summary--should be counted as BLS or ALS depending on the outcome of the call. As a BLS Non-transport first responder program, we hadn't tracked it that way, but our chief went back through 3 years of reports get us as close as possible. You'll see some folks mention that they were able to call the transporting agency and easily get a breakdown.

Good luck!!
    earl

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Greenacres2 View Post
    Here's the full discussion:
    http://forums.firehouse.com/showthread.php?t=89354

Executive summary--should be counted as BLS or ALS depending on the outcome of the call. As a BLS Non-transport first responder program, we hadn't tracked it that way, but our chief went back through 3 years of reports get us as close as possible. You'll see some folks mention that they were able to call the transporting agency and easily get a breakdown.

Good luck!!
    earl
    That's the same thing I had to do, go through three years of runs. Couldn't find 100% accuracy, but I'm getting it as close as possible. It really put me behind on this. I think I'm done, I've just got a bad habit of second guessing to make sure I'm where I want to be on everything and make sure I haven't missed anything.

Forum Member

So if I can split them up then that sounds like what I should do. I have them all logged under ALS or BLS so it will be easy..... maybe!!!

MembersZone Subscriber

One of the benefits of hosting Kurt's seminar was that our Asst Chief took the class and the Chief was in and out. They now understand why i was always looking for stuff--and when we needed that, i didn't have to go through the reports myself.

Volunteer chiefs have a tremendous workload, and those who try to do the grant writing on top of it--God bless them!!

earl

MembersZone Subscriber

Wink

Earl,you said a mouth full then!! I still cant get my members to see that.They think I got it made!!! The only way some might see the real deal is when I am no longer in office. If not for the grace of God , I wouldnt make it day by day!!

Thread Information