Thread: Nofd 2007

Forum Member

Default Nofd 2007

Besides getting your results back, has anyone heard about the physical or oral boards yet?

Forum Member

The physicals should be coming up here soon...They are hoping to start a class by July...I am goning to call up to the Civil Service Dept today because they are handling everything till you get a job offer..There are no oral boards...the Fire Dept doesnt not even see you till after the medical and psych evals...but that is after a conditional job offer...so keep checking the mail hopefully mine dont get lost in the mail like my dallas scores hahaha

Forum Member

I got my letter today for the phsyical. Word has it class won't start for at least 4 months. My buddy talked to some instructors. First hand second hand whatever. I want it sooner. If you want more info tell me because the class right now isn't doing very well. If anyone has other info please share. Thanks in advance.

Forum Member

Hey reznik have you done the med and psych yet...i did it last tues, psych and wed, med....which the med that was a pain w/ the xray tech out and lung test machine down...havent heard anything back yet still hoping...called brennda yesterday and she told me they didnt have any results yet...but the academy start date should be sometime in aug...just wondering if you have heard anything back yet.

Forum Member

I took the psych on tuesday and taking the medical monday morning. They probably will call and tell us to be there the next day. Thats the way they have been running this so far. I heard the end of the month though. The class will be about thirty people. A lot of people didnt make it through the process so I'm told. Anyway shoot me a line if you hear anything.

Forum Member

Well it wont be the next day...haha..it has been about almost 2 weeks for me and nothing...brennda said they did have anyone's results..probably waiting for everyone to get done and then start calling oh well i will give you a shout when i hear something

Forum Member

well i heard back from civil service finally...i passed my med and psych..but they are having trouble getting the full 30 spots filled so it is pushing the academy start date back so hopefully we should be getting our start date letters in the mail shortly best of luck to you buddy hope to see you soon

Forum Member

I heard from the chief of training it will be late august. I got a call from CC and they asked me if I had taken my med yet. I told her almost two weeks ago. She said oh and said she would look into it. The system is still so ate up since Katrina. I have been helping with the Leary Foundation building fire houses. Most are still run out of FEMA trailers. They won't be completed for at least another year. Thats NO for you.

Forum Member

Yeah that is NO..i hear you on that...but oh well not much we can do... hahaha so late aug that is good that means we should be getting our letters in the mail anytime now...hopefully they give me more then 2 weeks cause i have to move from dallas and wanted atleast a week to go look for a place to live but shouldnt be too bad cause i can stay w/ my dad till i figure that out...well buddy things look good for us so hopefully i will see you at rookie school shortly

Forum Member

Hey Reznik do you know if NOFD will hold EMT-B cause i know they only require 1st Responder, I think ECA. Just would hate to let it expire or have to keep it up w/ my own money. Cant get anyone in Recruitment to call back guess they are busy w/ CS trying to get this new class started

Forum Member

Got the call I start Sept 17th!!!

Forum Member

I had to take a second psch exam because they told me I was to cautious with my answers. She said I wasn't giving her anything to work with then I told to ask better questions. Anyway they called me on Tuesday and I said I do. She said orientation was the Fifth maybe, supposedly she's sending out a letter but seeing is believing. Well congrats and I'll see you, by the way my first name is Chris.

Forum Member

Chris nice to meet you I'm Alan... Its gonna be on the 10th..so see you there buddy Congrats

Forum Member

what time is orientation. I just moved and I think the letter is still in the mail. Brenda told me she sent one so drop me a line

Forum Member

10am at the training facility

Thread Information