Default Upcoming Exams in RI, MA

Hi All,

I was just wondering if anyone knew of any Fire Fighter Exams coming up this summer? I should be completed with my EMT course and passed state boards by then. Any chance someone has some inside information? Im just trying to get a head start at an early age.

Please email me at DTaylor626@gmail.com

Thanks and God Bless,

Dave

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Mass. Testing

If you're interested in Massachusetts, the big civil service test doesn't come up until next March. That test covers 90 percent of the paid departments in the state.

In the meantime, you can keep your eyes open for some of the local departments that do their own hiring. The catch is that most of the departments that do their own hiring are only looking for paramedics. However, some are a little more flexible than others. Some require you to have your medic just to apply, others will consider you as long as you've been accepted into a medic program and will make your probation conditional on your getting your medic and med control.

If you're interested in Boston, you'll need to be a resident and a veteran if you even want a chance at getting on. Their last few classes have consisted almost entirely of vets. Vets get extra points on their civil service exam that put them way ahead of most other people.

In other cities and towns, being a medic puts you higher up on the list even in towns that are only hiring EMTs.

I don't know much about RI.

Good luck.

Thread Information