Forum Member

Question Whelen LFL Liberty LED Mini lightbars

I was wondering if anyone out there is using a Whelen Mini LFL Liberty (All red LEDs)? I was wondering how you like it? Does it seem to grab the attention of people while you are responding, especially during bright sunny days? (Our cheif bought a cheaper LED light and it gets washed out by the sun on a bright sunny days and no one can see it.) Thank you for any help.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Forum Member

Looks like a slick rig. I don't know why your chief's LED light got washed out in the sun because I've never had a problem seeing LED lights during the day time bright or not.
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

Forum Member

My Chief has a Sho-Me Able 2 LED Mini Lightbar... It looks slick but he said that on a bright day the sun washes it out, so that no one can tell its even on. Here is a link to a picture of what my Chief bought. (FYI we only allowed to run all RED)

http://www.sirennet.com/loledmibar.html
    Last edited by rschultzjr; 05-09-2007 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Forgot to put link in post.

I am running that mini bar on my pov and have no problems with it at all... moves people very well, no matter the conditions.

Forum Member

Some "extra reading" pertaining to LED warning lights:

ClickyClickyClicky!
    Quote Originally Posted by ThNozzleMan
    Why? Because we are firemen. We are decent human beings. We would be compelled by the overwhelming impulse to save an innocent child from a tragic, painful death because in the end, we are MEN.

I A C O J
    FTM-PTB

Honorary Disclaimer: While I am a manufacturer representative, I am not here to sell my product. Any advice or knowledge shared is for informational purposes only. I do not use Firehouse.Com for promotional purposes.

Forum Member

We're still allowed to use lights in our POV's (not for much longer). I have a blue dual talon on my dash, and amber dual talon on the rear deck and 2 blue TIR 4's facing outward in the side windows. Anyone using lights in their POV here has to have 360 degree lighting per SOG. I've seen that light bar used, but not here. I saw it used when I was on my way to the EC in some small town in eastern OH.
    Last edited by CooterRob; 06-22-2007 at 09:54 PM.
    "I don't wanna hear about it... I wanna see results!!!":-P

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CooterRob View Post
    We're still allowed to use lights in our POV's (not for much longer). I have a blue dual talon on my dash, and amber dual talon on the rear deck and 2 blue TIR 4's facing outward in the side windows. Anyone using lights in their POV here has to have 360 degree lighting per SOG. I've seen that light bar used, but not here. I saw it used when I was on my way to the EC in some small town in eastern OH.
    Psst, no such thing as a "TIR4".
    Quote Originally Posted by ThNozzleMan
    Why? Because we are firemen. We are decent human beings. We would be compelled by the overwhelming impulse to save an innocent child from a tragic, painful death because in the end, we are MEN.

I A C O J
    FTM-PTB

Honorary Disclaimer: While I am a manufacturer representative, I am not here to sell my product. Any advice or knowledge shared is for informational purposes only. I do not use Firehouse.Com for promotional purposes.

Forum Member

The Liberty model bars will blow away the brightest of sunlight.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Thread Information