Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: cairns viper

Forum Member

Thumbs down cairns viper

we have 3 cairns viper thermal imagining cameras at my dept. the problem is we need to get one fixed ( nothing major) and we have recieved money to buy another one but we cant get in touch with no one to return our calls (always get a voice mail) to get ours fixed or to order one, i was at the fdic in indiana and they wasnt even there . has anyone else had the same problem. we are thinking we just need to go with a different company

Did you buy it direct from Cairns/MSA or did you get it through a distributor?

If you got it through a distributor, let them do the leg work. They may even have a loaner TIC for you.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

Rob:

The Cairns Viper was produced by Diversified Optical after the Cairns break-up. DiOP was then also purchased, if I remember correctly and that company no longer produces fire service thermal imaging. The national sales manager from DiOP was Dave Harrison and he was located in the NH area. I ran into him at FDIC and he is working for a distributor in that area. Maybe someone on the forums can shed a little more light on the subject, but you may be hard pressed at finding parts for that camera.

Stay safe,

rfd599
    www.IllinoisFireStore.com

Forum Member

the sales rep. we once used did tell us he no longer works for them because of all of of the selling off parts of the company i guess he saw the writing on the wall,he also said goodluck in getting help. they had a good camera but they are companys still in businees that make good cameras everyday
    Last edited by robbinkley; 05-10-2007 at 10:46 PM.

Forum Member

Rob:

The top three TIC's manufacturers in the US are ISG, Bullard, and MSA. Contact your local rep. or shoot me an e-mail offline at dinges88@hotmail.com and I will try to track them down for you.

Stay safe,

rfd599
    www.IllinoisFireStore.com

Protective Economist Jonathan Bastian's Avatar

http://www.axsys.com/pdfdownloads/Viper.pdf
    http://www.axsys.com/p-thermcam.php#...thermal_camera

In short, it appears they are still advertising the Viper, so I hope for your sake, they are still repairing and making it. Contact information is on the PDF as well as the website.

Given the troubles you have had getting anyone to take your money (which is normally the EASIEST time to get a return call), you may want to consider a different brand for your next imager.

As RFD599 pointed out, Bullard, ISG and MSA are the top 3 in North America.
    My comments are sometimes educated, sometimes informed and sometimes just blowing smoke...but they are always mine and mine alone and do not reflect upon anyone else (especially my employer).

Thread Information