Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread

Default Let Me Introduce Myself...

Hello to all!

Joined a few days ago, still figuring out how to navigate through these boards. A bit different from other forums I've posted on.

Anyway, I'm a FT Fire Captain on the San Bernardino County Fire Dept. in Southern California (Dept. website: www.sbcfire.org ). Been on 29.5 years, the last 22.5 as a Captain. Will probably retire in about two years.

Looks like it will be another busy wildland season out here. We sent one strike team out this month already to the LA Griffith Park fire. My station, 75, went out on about 8 strike teams last fire season and will probably do that again this year at least.

We're a growing Dept. with over 300 FT personnel and over 500 PCF's and LT's (Limited Term). We ran around 45,000 calls last year department wide. Our newest Fire Station will be opened the first part of July and will be in the North End of Fontana. I will be going there as soon as it opens, benefit of Seniority.

Nice to be here, I hope you all stay safe and good luck!

MembersZone Subscriber

Cool Welcome........

Station75,
    Welcome to Firehouse........ As one of those 500 PCF's it's great to see somebody else join in here.

Stay safe.........
    "Be LOUD, Be PROUD..... It just might save your can someday when goin' through an intersection!!!!!"

Life on the Truck (Quint) is good.....

Eat til you're sleepy..... Sleep til you're hungry..... And repeat.....

Forum Member

Default Hi Station 75

Are you with CDF? Just curious because I applied for the FF2 and FAE positions a while back. I was told by a friend that guys who were on the lower bands may have bumped up to a higher ones. If you are not with CDF then I believe you guys just hired not too long ago. I wanted to test, but my vision is not 20/20 in the RT eye. Some people say you can cheat the eye test, but I could never pull it off.

Welcome aboard,

Kev

Quote Originally Posted by arff42 View Post
    Are you with CDF? Just curious because I applied for the FF2 and FAE positions a while back. I was told by a friend that guys who were on the lower bands may have bumped up to a higher ones. If you are not with CDF then I believe you guys just hired not too long ago. I wanted to test, but my vision is not 20/20 in the RT eye. Some people say you can cheat the eye test, but I could never pull it off.

Welcome aboard,

Kev
    No, not with CDF. SB County Fire. We just finished our first tower and will be starting another one in a couple of months. As far as I know, we have an open application for FF/PM's. Firefighters are a different story. Last time we only took apps from PCF's and LT's. Don't know if we will do that again.

Unless something has changed, as far as eyesight is concerned, you only have to be correctable to 20/20.

Jack

Welcome to the site station75
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

Thread Information