Forum Member

Smile Area 51 and Nellis AFB

Hey everyone:

I was curious if the fire protection at Area 51 and Nellis AFB are the same. Also, if anyone has any info on Area 51's fire department (# stations, people, types of apparatus), it would be appreciated. I believe they are contracted thru CSC and work 3, 4, and 6 days on with long breaks in between. I was thinking about applying in the future. If anyone knows how competitive there testing or hiring process is, please fill me in.

Later,

Kev

MembersZone Subscriber

Good luck in your search. Anyone who knows anything about the so-called "Area 51" and says anything about it online will probably disappear within a few days.

FWIW, people who ask about it are pretty much a lock to never work there.
    You only have to be stupid once to be dead permanently
    IACOJ Power Company Liason
    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution
    and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy. - Dave Barry.

Forum Member

No offense dude, but if you are not smart enough NOT to ask, you dont need (and probably will never) know.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by arff42 View Post
    Hey everyone:

I was curious if the fire protection at Area 51 and Nellis AFB are the same. Also, if anyone has any info on Area 51's fire department (# stations, people, types of apparatus), it would be appreciated. I believe they are contracted thru CSC and work 3, 4, and 6 days on with long breaks in between. I was thinking about applying in the future. If anyone knows how competitive there testing or hiring process is, please fill me in.

Later,

Kev
    whats a google?
    I reject your reality and substitute my own

Forum Member

Ok, I get the message. Just curious about there fire protection.

Forum Member

They dont have a Fire Department out there.

They built all of the buildings out there from the same stuff the alien spaceships are built out of. Its this super metal that doesnt break, bend, or catch on fire.

Seriously,

Id think the firefighters fly out on the Janet flights with everyone else. Those are the 737's that fly out of McCarran that are all white with a red stripe. I would probably bet they are Nellis guys that do a rotation there. Just drive up there and ask.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GFPD2005 View Post
    They dont have a Fire Department out there.

Yup. Area 51 doesnt exist, remember? Just ask the Pentagon.

Forum Member

I have a friend who recently went thru the interview and hiring process. I will ask him to post what he can here.

Forum Member

Thanks Devildog:

Actually, the site I am looking at is about 3 miles north of Vegas and I understand that 51 is about 90 miles north of Vegas. So I dont think they are the same, unless 51 has some detachments for testing or something.

Anyways, any help or advice from your friend will be excellent.

Thanks again for your help,

Kev

Permanently Removed

I have seen the company out there advertise a few times for Firefighter over the years. The jobs can be found at hte typical fire job services or in the Employment section of the Las Vegas Review Journal.

Hope this helps.

Forum Member

If the people that work at Area 51 don't actually live there, wouldn't that mean that they're actually all "aliens"?
    Fire Lieutenant/E.M.T.
    IAFF Local 2339
    K of C 4th Degree
    "LEATHER FOREVER"
    Member I.A.C.O.J.
    http://www.tfdfire.com/
    "Fir na tine"

Default a little insite

Well I knew the A/C of ops out there a few years ago. It is called Tonopah Test Range, according to him. They fly out of Vegas and he said when he was there is was 1 week on 2 weeks off. Friday to Friday, so he says. This is all according to his words not mine I have never been out there nor would I like to go based on that schedule. They are Military FF's there and they are not from Nellis. This was a few years back though. The Mil has downsized and some bases have gone all CIV, so things could have changed.

Hope this helps but I doubt it.

Forum Member

Isn't that what they call the skunk works or is that something else?
    GFD748 First in... Last out.. Everyone goes home.... Do the best job you can and do it safely

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by GFD748 View Post
    Isn't that what they call the skunk works or is that something else?
    Skunkworks was Lockheed's engineering department that did the U2, SR71, and F117, if I recall correctly.

Back when I had delusions, I contemplated an engineering degree that would get me into that kind of work. Ahhh, the ignorance of youth.
    "Share your knowledge - it's a way to achieve immortality." - Stolen from Chase Sargent's Buddy to Boss program

MembersZone Subscriber

I've seen what happens at Area 51 in the video game and Independence Day. No thanks... I'm good

Forum Member

How many times do I have to tell you guys.......Area 51 does not exist. Skunk works does not exist.The Tenopah Test Range does not exist.Groom Lake does not exist.

Forum Member

This has been covered before

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Bugs Bunny: So this is Area 51?
    Mother: No.
    Bugs Bunny: The secret government base?
    Mother: No.
    Bugs Bunny: Where they keep all the aliens?
    Mother: No. Area 51 is a paranoid fantasy we concocted to hide the true nature of this facility.
    DJ Drake: Which is?
    Mother: Area 52.
    I am a highly trained professional and can find my :: expletive deleted:: with either hand in various light conditions.

Default Area 51 Firehouse

Area 51 is a place number on the geological survey map. Not an actual name of a facility. Those that have any brain, would know that the US Government did have a serious law suit about the area. There are in fact signs posted that there is a government base in the area. It is in fact called Groom Lake. Google Earth and other satalite company's have area photos of the area. Clearly there is a base there. The denial by the Government of "Area 51" as it is in the comspiacy and UFO circles, still stands. Yes, as of yet, THAT Area 51 does not exsist. But is there a base at Groom Lake? Only and idoit can deny that, as it is in fact next to the old nuclear testing grounds. No doubt, you'll need brains and perhaps inlistment into the Airforce to get a job there, and nodoubt simple, "applying" ins't going to happen. It is a "top secret" military installation and they don't just send out applications. If there is no base there, then it would be pointless and a waste of money and manpower to gaurd the area, wouldn't it? It is an airforce testing site and nodoubt you've seen some projects they might be working on in popular machanics and "proposed" projects. It's not impossible to work there, near it. Chances are that unless you have something to offer the US Government, you will never see inside that fence.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ziddy88 View Post
    No doubt, you'll need brains and perhaps inlistment into the Airforce to get a job there, and nodoubt simple, "applying" ins't going to happen. You mean "enlistment?"

Chances are that unless you have something to offer the US Government, you will never see inside that fence.
    Tell that to the employees of Raytheon who provide the contracted fire protection there. But the place doesn't exist, so it's a moot point.

Forum Member

What base?

There is a base there... call it what you will...name it wahtever you want. The site is referred to as Area51

i believe this is the job announcement. Ive known three or four guys who worked out there. They wernt allowed to say much but the fact all three left w/i the 1st year tells you something.

http://dodfire.com/jobs/las_vegas.pdf

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyRube View Post
    What base?
    Huh?????????

Thread Information