Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Going Private

Default Going Private

I am looking to do some private Fire Investigation work in the Northwest Ohio area. Drop me a line if anyone is looking.

sepalmer@roadrunner.com

MembersZone Subscriber

So you sit on your *** while you expect other people to just bring the job openings to your email box? That's a good approach to the job search. Especially when you consider that these jobs are in high demand and are usually given to people who are experienced, educated and certified.

Let us know how you make out.

let me apologize if I gave the wrong impression. I am actively seeking positions other than what was posted here. I was using all of the avenues that are available. As far as education,experiance and certifications I do not rememmber posting my resume for review so someone can make the determination that I am not qualified.

georgewendtcfi I have been following your post and respect your knowlage and position but feel your post was a little unfair.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by sepalmer View Post
    let me apologize if I gave the wrong impression. I am actively seeking positions other than what was posted here. I was using all of the avenues that are available. As far as education,experiance and certifications I do not rememmber posting my resume for review so someone can make the determination that I am not qualified.

georgewendtcfi I have been following your post and respect your knowlage and position but feel your post was a little unfair.
    Read your first post again and tell me if it doesn't smack of laziness and presumptuousness. It wasn't unfair at all.

That said, if you are qualified, check out MJM Investigations and EFI Global.

The private sector is normally looking for certified and qualified investigators with court testimony experience. They want low maintenance. They want people they can put on the street quickly and who are qualified to the point where they can be used as a marketing attraction to make insurance cos. and law firms want to use them. If you have no private sector experience, be ready to endure a lower pay scale until you build a "book" of business. It is hard work, as you have to bill about 300% of what they are paying you for them to make money. Many of these cos. have bonus and incentive programs. Make sure that whoever you go with, you read the fine print and understand the whole gig before you sign on the dotted line.
    Last edited by GeorgeWendtCFI; 05-15-2007 at 04:09 PM.

@ sepalmer

Don't worry about George, he loves to take things you say, and twist them around to make people look like *******s because hes probably a lonely bitter old bastard with no friends. From waht I have seen, many of his posts are strictly tearing people down, often without reason.
    Get busy livin, or get busy dyin. - Shawshank Redemption
    IACOJ

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by OlieCan View Post
    @ sepalmer

Don't worry about George, he loves to take things you say, and twist them around to make people look like *******s because hes probably a lonely bitter old bastard with no friends. From waht I have seen, many of his posts are strictly tearing people down, often without reason.
    You really have me pegged, Dr. Phil.

George

Thanks for the info. I will be sending inquiries to these companies and have contacted several agencies that I have worked with in the past.

Thread Information