MembersZone Subscriber

Default FireTeam Testing

Hi all,

I am wondering if anyone has had any dealings w/ the FireTeam testing and what their thoughts on it were.....

Forum Member

Many agencies are being convinced to use the new type of video testing because they can test large groups at once at a lower cost and eliminate candidates with psychological video scenarios.

This from a candidate who paid to test drive the video testing:

I went to the website www.fireteamtest.com and paid my $14.00 to take the practice test. The test takes 30 to 45 minutes so unplug your phone and listen to the instructions VERY carefully, my phone rang while I was watching the video and missed an important part. DON'T answer the situational questions the way you think the "test writers" want you to, answer thinking about the big picture and what is right for everyone, being a kiss-up will not get you a 100% on this test. I know; I got kinda toady on one question and got slammed. So much for my 100%

It seemed like for each question the four answers fell into these categories:
    Correct
    Semi-Correct
    Neutral
    Wrong

Of course if you sit there and try to figure out which ones fall into each category you will fall behind and start screwing up.

Another candidate said when he was have difficulty coming up with an answer he would go to his feminine side. It worked. How peachy.

Check it out at www.fireteamtest.com
    ______________________________ _______________

"Nothing counts 'til you have the badge . . . Nothing!"

Fire "Captain Bob"

www.eatstress.com

Forum Member

I'd love to comment on the Fireteam video test I took.....but the confidentiality/non-disclosure agreement that I had to sign, as well as Fireteam's attorney threatening litigation for breaking said confidentiality/non-disclosure via video at the beginning of my test.....deters me from doing so.

All I can recommend is take their online practice test (it costs $22.95 now I believe) so the first time you are seeing their format is not at your actual test.

MembersZone Subscriber

I'd love to comment on the Fireteam video test I took.....but the confidentiality/non-disclosure agreement that I had to sign, as well as Fireteam's attorney threatening litigation for breaking said confidentiality/non-disclosure via video at the beginning of my test.....deters me from doing so.

Brother....you must be on ther job here in St. Louis....LMAO

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fieldseng2 View Post
    Brother....you must be on ther job here in St. Louis....LMAO
    Not a brother....yet. I'm in the middle of testing a little further west.

They really tried (and succeeded) to put the fear of God into testers. For good reason I suppose....but not the first thing you want to see when you're sitting there, butterflies and all, trying to maintain a clear head for your test.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jwarne2001 View Post
    :
    They really tried (and succeeded) to put the fear of God into testers. For good reason I suppose....but not the first thing you want to see when you're sitting there, butterflies and all, trying to maintain a clear head for your test.
    That's part of the testing process. Remember there will still be an oral board some where down the road even if they're using FireTeam Testing.
    ______________________________ _______________

"Nothing counts 'til you have the badge . . . Nothing!"

Fire "Captain Bob"

www.eatstress.com

Forum Member

NJ Civil Service (DOP) has went to this fireteam testing program for their "psychological." It used to be a biodata which was 150 questions with the answers being strongly agree and strongly disagree, etc.. etc... They changed it to a video format where you have about 40 or so videos, and a "what would you do" type of question at the end of each video which is about 15-20 seconds long or so, and you have 10 seconds to answer the question. After that you have to pay attention to the charecters in the videos because they ask you questions about specific charecters in the videos and ask if you would work with them, and other questions related to them. I passed the Biodata exam 3 years ago, but I failed this exam, I failed the teamwork section which is the section where you have to answer specific questions about charecters. I'm not sure if the sample test i bought from the company hurt me or helped me. Its a rough test, the normal questions regarding the 40 or so videos are easy though, good luck.

Thread Information