Forum Member

Default are online schools respected?

as most of you, i work full-time and am trying to get an A.S in fire science. I can get my EMT-B at night. it seems like the more convientent way for me to get a A.S. in fire sciene would be online classes, but before i do this i want to make sure they are respected. also, how do you guys get your EMT-P? i cannot find night classes and it's only full-time during the day for 15 or so months. seems kinda impossible for a full-time worker.

Forum Member

Yes, just look at the schools. The Chief and a good bit of our members are doing the online fire science. Try a technical school, and research it.

Forum Member

PLEASE make sure that it is an acredited school, meaning it is recognized my the national education division (i think its called), there are I think 6 agencies that qualify "acredited" schools. Some schools are not acredited. Usually if the school has a campus and that school is acredited and it offers online classes you are fine (IE: University of Pheonix Online) but they do not offer fire science.

MembersZone Subscriber

You can find a lot of information on distance learning at the Degree Discussion forum.
    -------------------
    "The most mediocre man or woman can suddenly seem dynamic, forceful, and decisive if he or she is mean enough." from "Crazy Bosses"
    -----------------------------------------------
    Genius has its limits, but stupidity is boundless.

MembersZone Subscriber

There definitely are Paramedic classes available at night, do an online search for Educational Resource Group...they run a paramedic program out of the S. Attleboro Fire Station that starts in Feb. each year, it usually goes two nights a week and saturdays.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs up Emt-p

I just finished my medic class and currently doing my internship. Our class in ID was three days a week for lecture/lab. However don't forget to figure in the ER, OR, floor rotations required and not limited to your field internship. It turns out to be a bit of a biotch and having no life for 9 months. However glad to be almost done. I was a fulltime PD before selling the home and quiting the job to go to medic schoo. ID also has a 3 month "intense" paramedic school however not many good things are being said about it. So... my advice do lots of research and find what fits for you since many different medic classes out there. I enjoyed the 9 month one, lots of stuff fast but not all in just 3 months. Good luck

Thread Information