MembersZone Subscriber

Default Anyone see this yet?

I'm not posting this to slam the man, simply to question whether the revolving door for fire marshals in the state will rotate once again... We seem to have had a lot of turnover in recent years.

I had heard about this from someone else, but didn't realize it was in the papers. It isn't like I'm spreading something that isn't already public knowledge.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...alnearwest-hed
    "Share your knowledge - it's a way to achieve immortality." - Stolen from Chase Sargent's Buddy to Boss program

Forum Member

npfd, yes, I heard it on our local radio station first thing this morning. I'm hoping that if it does play out like it sounds, it doesn't make the national media. The nation's fire service continues to get a black eye from questionable actions by firefighters and it's leaders. The media jumps on the negatives while ignoring the positives but I as an Illinois firefighter am embarrassed that one of our highest ranking fire officials in the State of Illinois would exacerbate the problem. I'm withholding judgement until all the facts are out but I can say the news is a bit disheartening.
    SFPD Member MABAS Division 47
    Told my wife I'm at work. Told my boss I'm sick. I'm really at the fire station.
    I.A.C.O.J.

MembersZone Subscriber

It is already on the Fox News Channel.

MembersZone Subscriber

It is my hope that if it is substantiated, that his career is not judged by this one action. He has done a lot of good for the fire service in Illinois.
    IACOJ, Flatlander Division

Forum Member

I found out about this last night while searching to find what kind of media coverage the Firefighters Memorial Ceremony had received. I found very little coverage of the important events that happened yesterday in Springfield but instead I found that all the media was reporting was the fact that our “Supreme Leader” had been arrested for a possible DUI. I am rather disappointed that that the firefighters that went above and beyond the call of duty were not given the media attention they deserve, likely because of the reckless actions of our State Fire Marshal. We all know the media likes bad news over good news!

Mr. Foreman has disgraced the fire service in Illinois and, if these charges are true, he should do us all a favor and turn in his resignation.

There are plenty of other Blagojevich puppets out there!

Can you say NEXT
    Proudly serving as Vice-President of the Illinois Delegation of the IACOJ

MembersZone Subscriber

80fire don't you think that' you comments are a little bit harsh. First Dave was arrested on SUSPISION on being under the influence. 2nd how many other politicians have had this happen to them including one's that have been involved in accidents. Is it bad PR yes and maybe not the right choice to make sure but one mistake doesn't give you any reason to blast him, remember what he has done for the firefighters of Illinois over his career and just be grateful for it.

MembersZone Subscriber

hey truck
    do you have a list of his accomplishments because i cant say i seen much on him

he was high in the union and served the IAFF well but for the rest of us i cant say much

its well know on how he feels about no union members and thats to bad

everyone deserves a chance but if hes is gulity RESIGN

I am sure there are people out there that can fill the position and stay out of trouble

MembersZone Subscriber

Tower, sure I'll bite. Dave has been with the A.F.F.I. since the seventies and yes he may seem a little harsh on non union firefighters [IN YOUR OPINION] but with his being the fire marshall he has secured more funds for the OSFM to get some programs back or keep programs going such as small tools and revolving truck loans to name a few. As far as you say he acts twords non union departments. Think about this MOST OF THE LEGISLATION WRITTEN OVER THE LAST 30= YEARS HAS COME FROM THE A.F.F.I. including but not limited to make Illinois a right to bargin state unlike or neighboor Indania where you can be union but management doesn't have to recognize and bargin fairly or collectivly along with the fair promotions act and many pension bills. So if you don't like Dave personally sorry to hear that but Dave has and still dedicates most his time to the fire service above and beyond Monday - Friday at the office. So if you're fulltime in illinois and not union thanks for letting us [union firefighters] do all the work [while you guys reap the bennifits for free] and maybe some day you'll see the light and as far as the vollies in the state thanks for doing what you do for the bennifit of serving your community and trying to make things better. Oh and last he was arrested for SUSPISION of DUI not DUI.

MembersZone Subscriber

wow sorry i guess some of that information does not filter out. the affi im sure does a great deal and never doubt it for a minute

do to lack of funds and not enough tax base we dont have full time people maybe in the future

i can say do to past expierence on 2 different occasions he treated people horrible.

i would hope that its changed and i belive he isnt the only one working on grant programs and other things to help all of us

i think there is a lot of people in Illinois that deserve better treatment because they are not union members

and thanks to the AFFI and IAFF for the work that they do my feeling have nothing to do with them

Thread Information