Forum Member

Default Abusive in the Volunteer Forum

I myself have been lucky enought tobe on both sides of our profesion. I am a career friefighter w/ a truck company and a member in good standing of my local volunteer department. I do have an issue however. There is currently a member who presents herself as a career smokeeater that routinely enters the volunteer forum to bash the members there and all volunteers ingeneral. i wanted everyones opinion on this behavior as I find it immature and ignorant. Any fellow paid and volunteer FF's care to speak about this? Thanks and stay safe.
    Gary
    Firefighter/EMT-B
    -------------------
    Stay Safe
    Leather Forever......F.O.O.L.S.

Temporarily Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by TRFirefighter25 View Post
    I myself have been lucky enought tobe on both sides of our profesion. I am a career friefighter w/ a truck company and a member in good standing of my local volunteer department. I do have an issue however. There is currently a member who presents herself as a career smokeeater that routinely enters the volunteer forum to bash the members there and all volunteers ingeneral. i wanted everyones opinion on this behavior as I find it immature and ignorant. Any fellow paid and volunteer FF's care to speak about this? Thanks and stay safe.
    total dip****... Are you bored or just silly?

Forum Member

At this present time just bored and having a little fun. I dont like people who provoke arguments and fights so I decided to let the other forums in on whats going on in the volunteer section. I am sure there are some folks in the career side who will agree with you in your beliefs that volunteers are untrained, bumbling bafoons but I belive alot more will object to such a behavior. Thanks and Stay safe.
    Gary
    Firefighter/EMT-B
    -------------------
    Stay Safe

Temporarily Inactive

At this present time just bored and having a little fun. I dont like people who provoke arguments and fights so I decided to let the other forums in on whats going on in the volunteer section. I am sure there are some folks in the career side who will agree with you in your beliefs that volunteers are untrained, bumbling bafoons but I belive alot more will object to such a behavior. Thanks and Stay safe.
    Rest assured..In private they will speak the truth...On here,There may be a few that is too chicken**** to speak the truth.

Forum Member

I disagree, on my volunteer department we currently have 16 active members who hold jobs as career firefighters around our great state. 2 are even active battalion chiefs at there respective career departments. Thats just my department, I know of 20 to 30 other volunteer departments who have similar numbers of career guys on the books. Goes to show you there is not much difference if so many of us paid folks want to just the truck for free when we are off-duty.
    Gary
    Firefighter/EMT-B
    -------------------
    Stay Safe

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by profire1 View Post
    total dip****... Are you bored or just silly?
    Funny--the rest of us were just wondering the exact same thing....about you.
    My opinions might coincide with someone of importance's POV... I wouldn't know, since I never bothered to ask. My policy is: "Don't ask, don't care."

IACOJ--West Coast PITA

Forum Member

It never pays to spar with an idiot. He showed his colors when he proudly boasted about how he would never vote to pay for an increase of his union dues. He is what's wrong with todays fire department.
    IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

MembersZone Subscriber

I don't take any of it personal and know that one person does not reflect the entire department or the fire service. You know there are those people out there who try to provoke others and then claim a hostile work environment, harrassment, or whatever. Maybe it's a control thing or attention seeking. I would like to think everyone has some redeeming quality in their character but I haven't seen it in this case. I just don't respond to such attacks.

Forum Member

I dont like people who provoke arguments and fights ...
    Stop and think about it a moment. What possible result do you think posting this could have but provoking an argument?

We're all aware of what goes on in the volunteer forum. Let's keep it there, okay?
    "Nemo Plus Voluptatis Quam Nos Habant"

The Code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules.

Forum Member
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

TRFirefighter25...

Why do you let the incessant ramblings of the ignorant bother you?

I am both career and volly also and frankly unless these people are in my local it is none of their business what I do off duty anymore than it is mine what they do off duty.

End of story.

FyredUp

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by MIKEYLIKESIT View Post
    It never pays to spar with an idiot. He showed his colors when he proudly boasted about how he would never vote to pay for an increase of his union dues. He is what's wrong with todays fire department.

I'm confused is this a he or a she? The first post says herself and this says he. How about it?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    TRFirefighter25...

Why do you let the incessant ramblings of the ignorant bother you?

I am both career and volly also and frankly unless these people are in my local it is none of their business what I do off duty anymore than it is mine what they do off duty.

End of story.

FyredUp
    FyredUp:
    I have to agree, Just got a little steemed when I saw someone representing our great profession bashing brother and sister smokeeaters. I personally hold the upmost respect for anyone who throws on some boats and a coat and gets on the rig. Regardless of the pay scale. It just bothered me that like us is lucky enough to get paid for this would have that opinion of volunteers. But it is squashed now. Thanks and stay safe.
    Gary
    Firefighter/EMT-B
    -------------------
    Stay Safe

Temporarily Inactive

FyredUp:
    I have to agree, Just got a little steemed when I saw someone representing our great profession bashing brother and sister smokeeaters. I personally hold the upmost respect for anyone who throws on some boats and a coat and gets on the rig. Regardless of the pay scale. It just bothered me that like us is lucky enough to get paid for this would have that opinion of volunteers. But it is squashed now. Thanks and stay safe.
    There isnt any luck in it.. I earned every bit of it.

Forum Member

There isnt any luck in it.. I earned every bit of it.
    Doubtful.

FyredUp

Temporarily Inactive

Doubtful.

FyredUp
    4 years in the military "1 year of that it "iraq/kuwait" 1st gulf war.
    12 years now professional fire..Yep, You bet i earned it.

Forum Member

4 years in the military "1 year of that it "iraq/kuwait" 1st gulf war.
    12 years now professional fire..Yep, You bet i earned it.
    Thanks for your service to the country.

As for the rest, you haven't proved here that you have earned a damn thing. Especially respect. Frankly I see you as a 1/12 guy. One year of experience 12 times, because if you have more than that you certainly haven't displayed any knowledge of the fire service on these forums.

FyredUp

Forum Member

As for the rest, you haven't proved here that you have earned a damn thing. Especially respect. Frankly I see you as a 1/12 guy. One year of experience 12 times, because if you have more than that you certainly haven't displayed any knowledge of the fire service on these forums.

FyredUp
    Profire,

Military service excluded, Just by being a career firefighter for 12 years does not mean you have earned it. Your still acting childish which demands more pitty than respect. I think I can speak for everyone when I say we salute you on your service to our nation but I have not seen anything worth while to respect you as a firefighter. I keep going back to the oath, everyones is different but they all state go above and beyond showing dignity and respect to fellow members of the community. Whether you believe it or not, you show a total lack of compasion and intelligence which leads me to believe it may be an overcompensation for a lack of ability or knowledge. Especially attacking fellow firefighters whether paid or volunteer. I believe it says something that the 2 most outspoken people against you bashing volunteers are career firefighters themselves. It shows that the majority of the career end of our service think differently than you even if you refuse to acknowldge it. Stay safe.
    Gary
    Firefighter/EMT-B
    -------------------
    Stay Safe

MembersZone Subscriber

"I believe it says something that the 2 most outspoken people against you bashing volunteers are career firefighters themselves. It shows that the majority of the career end of our service think differently than you even if you refuse to acknowldge it."

I nominate TRFirefighter25 for the best comeback.... It says a lot. Thanks.

MembersZone Subscriber

Do you work in Franklin county?

Temporarily Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by dday05 View Post
    Do you work in Franklin county?
    You betcha.....

Temporarily Inactive

FyredUp
    Another mallard.....Quack Quack and NO sense. Wisconsin right? Typical

Forum Member

Another mallard.....Quack Quack and NO sense. Wisconsin right? Typical
    Another great comeback from our new resident genius.

Frankly poorfire1, I much prefer being a Wisconsin Mallard over, in your case, a Franklin County jag off.

FyredUp

MembersZone Subscriber

Is your chiefs initials S.H.?

Temporarily Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by dday05 View Post
    Is your chiefs initials S.H.?
    No, Its N.P., SHHH!

Forum Member

Default Whats wrong with Wisconsin

What is wrong with Wisconsin Poorfire? I would love to here you start bashing an entire state. Very patriotic. Stay afe.
    Gary
    Firefighter/EMT-B
    -------------------
    Stay Safe

Thread Information