Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default It was a pleasure......(Harrisburg!)

....to meet everyone who popped in to say hello to Pop and I, and to check out the new Toy(ne). Shook a lot of hands and met a lot of folks who have been following the Toyne thread. Pop and I were both really sorry we missed a bunch of you (we had to walk around a bit and steal ideas for the next one!) We know Rescue101 was around, and Dad met Boxalarm187 but I missed him. Friday night I got to party with Myfyrtrks and his ravishing bride......And had lunch with them saturday!! The meal is on me next time, guys!

What was everyone's favorite piece in the show? I really liked the PLCustom/Rescue 1 on the Mack Granite chassis for Westwood, NJ. Fantastic looking truck that was exceptionally well thought out.

I have to add that I was dissapointed that the new F.W.D. line was not represented, I really wanted to check those out.
    Last edited by FWDbuff; 05-20-2007 at 06:16 PM.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

Thumbs up Nice Apparatus !

The # 8 fire district in our township is having a new rescue built by PL custom/Rescue 1. The Spartan chassis cab has been ordered,and from looking at other departments rigs the PL/Rescue1 company builds a real nice truck at a good price and they are only about 45 minutes away from us for inspection trips!....
    Last edited by NewJerseyFFII; 10-24-2007 at 07:06 PM.

Let's talk fire trucks! BoxAlarm187's Avatar

Sorry that we didn't get to meet, Buff! It was a pleasure to meet your dad and let him know how neat it was to be able to follow the process of the new rig. Y'all did a great job on the specs, and Toyne did a really nice job on the finished product!

I have to agree that the Westwood Mack/PL Custom was one of the most impressive rigs there. We got to see it under construction while we were doing a pre-build conference at PL, what a hoss!

I am anything but an E-One fan, but I will have to compliment the interior design on the Quest. Low dog house, good foot room, really nice ergonomics. Of couse, I would give the front end back to Ford to put in the Edsal museum, but that's another thread...

There were so many rigs from various manufacturers there, it's hard to nail down to just a few.

Of course, I can't get that demo ambulance that was "available for immediate delivery" ... no wonder it was available, who would want to purchase something painted three shades of pea green?

MembersZone Subscriber

LOL ( ) was supposed to go to a neighbor of ours (Middleburg, PA), however when it arrived it didn't meet the contract they signed, so they shipped her back. Good Luck selling it with those colors........
    Chad Gavason
    Fire Chief
    Shamokin Dam Fire, PA
    www.shamokindamfire.org

Forum Member

Default Harrisburg

While I do have to agree that the Westwood Rescue was an extremely nice unit, I would have to say that my engine was the nicest (but then again, I was the chairman!)

I was there for 3 days and saw alot of nice units (and some not so nice) from a variety of manufacturers. I always encourage people to goto these shows to see what ideas different manufacturers have and try to incorporate the ones you like into your specifications.

Stay Safe !

Quote Originally Posted by NewJerseyFFII View Post
    The # 8 fire district in our township is having a new rescue built by PL custom/Rescue 1. The Spartan chassis cab has been ordered,and from looking at other departments rigs the PL/Rescue1 company builds a real nice truck at a good price and they are only about 45 minutes away from us for inspection trips!....
    This is a big truck. It looks like it if equiped right would be valuble to any fire department.Does this thing have 2 Q's in the front bumper?

[QUOTE=FWDbuff;812363]....to meet everyone who popped in to say hello to Pop and I, and to check out the new Toy(ne).
    QUOTE]

I think you should've gotten a Pierce!

Forum Member

Thumbs up

this is a great looking rig. The logos / scripts are a nice touch.
    Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by boog8591 View Post
    While I do have to agree that the Westwood Rescue was an extremely nice unit, I would have to say that my engine was the nicest (but then again, I was the chairman!)

I was there for 3 days and saw alot of nice units (and some not so nice) from a variety of manufacturers. I always encourage people to goto these shows to see what ideas different manufacturers have and try to incorporate the ones you like into your specifications.

Stay Safe !

[QUOTE=dday05;812459]
    Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    ....to meet everyone who popped in to say hello to Pop and I, and to check out the new Toy(ne).
    QUOTE]

I think you should've gotten a Pierce!
    I wont say what I think about that!
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Yes it has 2 Q2's. One is the original mechanical and the other one looks like an electric Q2. smaller front housing.
    Chris
    FF/Lic-Paramedic
    Galveston FD "The Big House"
    IAFF Local 571
    www.galvestonfiredept.org

Forum Member

FWDBuff,

It was a pleasure to meet Sam at the show on Saturday!

I was hoping to meet you but we must have missed each other.

By the way nice looking Engine. I stole a few ideas for the one we are specing out now.

Forum Member

Did it seem to anyone else that there were fewer vendors at the show than in the past? I know the aisles in the new hall were much wider than before.

Default Meeting the Buff

Randy we had a great time as well Chelle was happy that your new piece macthed her Rorange hair almost exactly. You get points. It was nice to meet Pop and even though we didn't get much chance to talk I can sense his wisdom while we spoke of the departure angle. I had to snicker when Yoda said he was a PIA as if Yoda is a saint.

From a sales aspect (U S Tanker wise) Sunday was a flop we did. Stroller parade. We did have some good contacts and I don't think there were fewer vendors just less feet on the street.
    Fyrtrks

Quote Originally Posted by boog8591 View Post

Stay Safe !

Your rig looks nice. How tall is your truck? It looks sorta tall by the picture. What is under the little red cover on the officer side of the front bumper?

Randy,sorry we missed you.But it being the Boss and my first visit,there was a lot to see and too little time to see it in.The piece looks even better in person than it did in pictures.Very well laid out and a nice clean finished product.Could use a little more red in the paint however,hehe.You shouldn't lose it in the crowd.We has a productive information gathering event and "stole"a few ideas from your truck for ours.Hey,there's always next year. T.C.

Forum Member

Default You're to old

Rescue101, maybe you are to old and wore out to be trying to see a show like that in one day. Or you could put some wheels on your walker to speed things along. !!!!!!!!

I told you how much there was to see. Glad you made it there, only wish I could have this year. Maybe next year Tim.

See you soon.

Forum Member
    Stroud Twp. Fire Dept. Stroudsburg, PA USA

I agree that the Westwood rig was sharp (I am a puppy dog fan, we've got three of 'em), my vote goes to Bloomsburg's heavy rescue that was next to it, also from Rescue 1.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Favorite Pieces

That Mack heavy rescue was awesome. Good to still see mack chassis being used. I also liked the lafrance lti tower, and the philly tiller. Here are some propaganda pics from the metz cd. Too much money starting at 825K in a new market for them. It is available on a spartan chassis.
    The t-rex specs sound pretty awesome as well. 1400# tip load, 102' of vertical reach. Looks like they are competing with the Brontos with that beast.

Mark
    Attached Images Attached Images    

MembersZone Subscriber

FWD and CE11. We stopped and looked at your rig, looks good. Neither of you were there when we came by and our schedule was tight, so we didnt make it back. We were in the first (newest) hall for over 3 hours, as we spent some time picking through KME's stuff and we still had other stuff to look at. Unfortunately I didnt get to "sight see" the new rigs this year because we were on a mission to review KME rigs as well as components and equipment that we had spec'd or were still undecided on. The show was a little smaller this year, I agree.

Forum Member

Default Answers

The engine is 119 inches high with the tallest part the handles at the very back of the body. The little red cover on the officers side JUST fits our 15 foot piece of soft suction.

Quote Originally Posted by dday05 View Post
    Your rig looks nice. How tall is your truck? It looks sorta tall by the picture. What is under the little red cover on the officer side of the front bumper?

Thread Information