Default War of Words Maybe or Maybe the TRUTH

Salem Volunteer Fire Department Inc.
    PO Box 449
    Salem, New York 12865
    518-854-7516 firehouse ph/fax

Attn: Steve Mann

Senator Schumerís
    Albany Office

It was nice talking to you on the phone on Thursday May 17, 2007.

I sent you the page link where I found the message from Lieberman, yes it was $3.2 billion but only $777 million was the fire fighters assistance grant program. I sure do like $3.2 billion though.

I cannot and will not support all of the Homeland Security or FEMA money going to areas that claim they are a target for terrorist acts. We just like everyone else should get an equal share of the money because it could happen here in Washington County just as well as it could happen anywhere else in New York State or anywhere else. Salem, Ft Edward, and Cossayuna, NY just to name a few in our county should be treated no different than New York City or all of the so called bigger places when it comes to distributing money to help out the VOLUNTEER fire and EMS services.

When we received our award for $188,000.00 in 2005 it improved the moral of the membership and within the last 2 years we have had 15 new members join all younger than 20yrs of age.

Every year since President Bush has taken office he has cut the proposed budget for this program and when it has been restored to something it has not been even close to the 1 billion dollars that it is supposed to be at since the inception of this program.

The Washington County Fire Chiefs Association and The Washington County Fire Advisory Board both would like to pass resolutions at our next meetings on May 21, 2007 in Middle Falls and at the County municipal building in Fort Edward on May 29, 2007 supporting Senator Charles Schumer in having the $ 1 billion restored to the Presidentís budget for the Assistance to Fire Fighters Act Program.

We would also like for this to be passed on to all Fire Departments, EMS organizations, Village Boards, Town Boards, County Government, and where ever else it can be sent off to for resolutions of support.

Where can copies of theses resolutions be sent to? We would be glad to have you and or the Senator attend one of our County meetings which are held every other month and are on the third Monday starting at 7:30pm. After our May 21st meeting we will have a new schedule for the coming year starting in July.

Feel free to call me on my cell phone with any questions 518-321-9430

Steven Saunders
    President
    Salem Volunteer Fire Department Inc.
    PO Box 449
    Salem, NY 12865

MembersZone Subscriber

Keep at em Steve; more letters like this need to be sent.
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Thread Information