Forum Member

Default Has anyone tried the new Globe Magnum 14" Boots?

I am interested to find out if anyone has tried the new Globe Magnum 14" structural firefighting boots? They look comfortable, but I don't know anyone in my area who has tried them yet. I checked on the price and they are $305.00.

Blessings,

Mark

Forum Member

Their like wearing slippers.

Forum Member

Thumbs up globes

i tried them on at a fireschool not too long ago.....and if you've ever worn nike shocks its exactly the same

MembersZone Subscriber

i tryed them on, there awesome. i ordered a pair of the emergency series a station type boot. cant wait til they get here!

Forum Member

I have the 14 inch pull on boots right now, and love them. They fit like sneakers, and are much more comfortable then the old firewalkers I was in. They've held up good, and the only problems I've had, is that the opening in the top, is a little wider than a normal boot, and i have trouble getting them in my bunker pants after washing my gear, and rolling the pants back down around the boot after a call.

MembersZone Subscriber

Our hole dept. got them and everyone likes them. Same comments as the previous replies. Very comfortable. I agree with Jerry4184, they are to wide at the top.
    Do not equate money with success. There are many successful moneymakers who are miserable failures as human beings.
    What counts most about success is how a person achieves it.

Nordy

Default Were can I bought them?

HI?, can you tell me were can I bought them?, at that price, because they are selling them to me at a bigger price (the double plus tax) I think my dealer it's kind of a thief, so I would like to see if I can find them a little cheaper.

Thanks...

My email is: asterix_law@hotmail.com

Expecting to hear from you.
    Also how do you know what measure of feet do you have? there is a universal measurement for long and wide?

MembersZone Subscriber

I have them and love 'em. I don't know what the cost was, dept. issue.

MembersZone Subscriber

Size them just like you would a sneaker... These are the only fire boot I'll say this about.

Around my area, look up Continental Fire & Safety. They've been selling them for $270. I'm sure they'll ship them where ever you need them.

They have been the best pull on fire boot I've worn yet, and I wear them a lot.

As far as the station boots, I like the pull on style boots, the Redbacks or Thorogoods seem to hold up much better.
    FTM-PTB DTRT

Everything I state on here is to support and aid my fellow firefighters. Everything I post is my opinion only, and in no way should be taken as an official opinion of any Company, Department, or Municipality I represent... oh and this includes Pierce Mfg, as so their legal department has advised me; since they apparently also invented the right to control "Free Speech".

Forum Member

love them, love them, love them!! Globe hit a home run with these boots. When you do get them change out the standard cushion for the more securing cushion and they do feel like a slipper.

As for sizing we got ours a 1/2 size bigger to faciliate easier foot insertion.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by BrianB35 View Post
    love them, love them, love them!! Globe hit a home run with these boots. When you do get them change out the standard cushion for the more securing cushion and they do feel like a slipper.

As for sizing we got ours a 1/2 size bigger to faciliate easier foot insertion.
    I agree, except I have found that everyone here seems to get a 1/2 size smaller for a better fit. But... to each his own! We pay $285 a pair.
    Glenn Rainey
    Colington Fire Department
    Dare County, North Carolina
    The Outer Banks

Forum Member

I've tried them on and that's where it ended... I didn't care for the heel locking deal. I like my Warringtons, but would like to try the next version of the Globe Magnums. I use the Globe Magnums for my duty boots... my fav.
    "I don't wanna hear about it... I wanna see results!!!":-P

Forum Member

I found a local department that uses them. The guys really like them.

Thank you for all the responses.

Blessings,

Mark

MembersZone Subscriber

Thread Information