MembersZone Subscriber

Default Study Content Of Department Testing

Hello all,
    I'm a newly certified EMT-B. Everyone says go around and test at as many places as possible... Great! Can't wait, just need to know what should I be studying? Will I be quizzed on fire or unrelated things? General math and science? Sewing? I have no clue how to prepare myself... if somebody could just let me know what one of these department tests are like, that would be great. I want to pass and get my name on a list ASAP. Thanks!

MembersZone Subscriber

You should try to get a few of the several Firefighter Test prep books that are probably available at your local bookstore, or go to the Firefighter's Bookstore online. Some of the ones I know of are the Arco Firefighter Civil Service Test Book, Barrons How to Prepare for Firefighter Exams and Norman Hall's Firefighter Exam Preparation Book.

Most of the tests involve general intelligence/knowledge and require no previous experience. The "wild card" so to speak is the "CWH" test which focuses less on general intelligence and has a lot of situational and personality type questions.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by BackstepFF View Post
    You should try to get a few of the several Firefighter Test prep books that are probably available at your local bookstore, or go to the Firefighter's Bookstore online. Some of the ones I know of are the Arco Firefighter Civil Service Test Book, Barrons How to Prepare for Firefighter Exams and Norman Hall's Firefighter Exam Preparation Book.

Most of the tests involve general intelligence/knowledge and require no previous experience. The "wild card" so to speak is the "CWH" test which focuses less on general intelligence and has a lot of situational and personality type questions.

What he said. Feel safe. If you have a high school education and dipolma, and actually applied yourself to basic reading, math, and comprehension of thought, you should not have that much difficulty with many tests that are out there today. They are some writen on a 10th grade reading level I believe
    Co 11
    Virginia Beach FD

Amateurs practice until they get it right; professionals practice until they cannot get it wrong. Which one are you?

'The fire went out and nobody got hurt' is a poor excuse for a fireground critique.

MembersZone Subscriber

I'm not worried that I won't do well... I just want to do better than the other 700 guys that are trying to make it on the same list. he he.

Good thing's happening

i found this firequiz.com site while searching for test prep i have NO Idea if its anygood...if anyone has experience with this site or doyou advice just going with the book ?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DocVBFDE14 View Post
    What he said. Feel safe. If you have a high school education and dipolma, and actually applied yourself to basic reading, math, and comprehension of thought, you should not have that much difficulty with many tests that are out there today. They are some writen on a 10th grade reading level I believe
    THe reading level is not THAT HIGH!
    Be for Peace, but don't be for the Enemy!
    -Big Russ

Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

MembersZone Subscriber

ha ha nice.

Thread Information