MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Default Gasoline Prices Around The World

NBC4 News has a slideshow of gasoline prices around the world. Some examples are:

London, UK: $6.64 per gallon
    Hong Kong: $6.30 per
    Rome, Italy: $6.52
    Oslo, Norway: $6.48
    Toronto, Canada: $3.28

In some of the Middle Eastern countries like Egypt it was less than a dollar per gallon. Now I wonder why and how that is?????? Who supplies their oil for so cheap? {Yes. That is mostly a rhetorical question....}
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Forum Member

Thats FBS
    Firefighter for Vestal 32-2

American Red Cross Volunteer

Forum Member

wow....$6....that's ridiculous..

it's been around $2.80 here.... it's killing me, and i've only been driving for 4 months....

MembersZone Subscriber

$3.32 for regular

MembersZone Subscriber

Most of us around this neck o' da woods would almost "kill" for 2.80 a gallon. cuz its hit at 3.10 {plus} now.

Sorta almost glad I dont have a running vehicle right now. At 15 gallons a tank, my Blazer would be killing me right now.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

Forum Member

Just filled up at $3.03 today on I-40 here in North Carolina.

What stinks is it costs no more to drill, transport, and process the stuff. It is the oil speculators that bump the freaking price in someone in Iran farts loudly. No reason for it at all.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Disillusioned Subscriber

It's $3.49/gal in Ohio.
    Steve Gallagher
    IACOJ BOT
    ----------------------------
    "I don't apologize for anything. When I make a mistake, I take the blame and go on from there." - Woody Hayes

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by MalahatTwo7 View Post
    In some of the Middle Eastern countries like Egypt it was less than a dollar per gallon. Now I wonder why and how that is?????? Who supplies their oil for so cheap? {Yes. That is mostly a rhetorical question....}

Yeah, but what do you think they pay for some good quality lumber in Egypt?

It just happens that we haven't run our cars on wood or coal for a hundred years.
    Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by mcaldwell View Post
    Yeah, but what do you think they pay for some good quality lumber in Egypt?

It just happens that we haven't run our cars on wood or coal for a hundred years.
    Maybe not, but if this keeps up our "cars" will be back to using straw and oats for fuel. {Ahhh the original definition of "HORSEPOWER"} heheeheehe
    =======
    In the News:

22 Governors Request Gas Price Probe. Prices Hit Records Nationwide

POSTED: 3:32 pm EDT May 22, 2007

Raising fears of crippled state and national economies, 22 governors have signed a letter to congressional leaders of both parties seeking an inquiry into skyrocketing gasoline prices.

Related: Read The Letter

"Families and businesses across the nation are straining under these uncontrollable prices. The economies of our states -- as well as the national economy -- are likely to suffer," the governors said.

According to the Lundberg Survey released Sunday, the average price of self-serve regular gasoline hit a record high of $3.18 a gallon, up 11 cents over the past two weeks.

"The reasons for these massive increases do not appear to be tied to any recent changes in geo-political events or a weather crisis. While there have been reports regarding problems with refinery capability, even this explanation raises more questions than answers," the governors said.

"Reliability, capacity, and supply issues have been at the forefront of federal energy policy for years. It is difficult to understand how oil companies can be making record profits each quarter without making capital investments in refineries that would address reliability issues," they said.

Those signing the letter come from both political parties.

Along with Lundberg's findings, AAA's daily fuel gauge report put the national average at $3.20 on Tuesday.

Lundberg's latest figure tops the record of $3.07 a gallon set two weeks ago, which had been the highest price since the average cost of a gallon of gas hit $3.03 on Aug. 11, 2006, according to the survey of 7,000 gas stations nationwide.

The latest price also beat the previous inflation-adjusted record of $3.15 per gallon in March 1981.

In the latest Lundberg Survey, a gallon of midgrade gasoline averaged $3.29, and premium cost $3.40.

Nationwide, the lowest average price for regular fuel was $2.87 in Charleston, S.C., and the highest was in Chicago at $3.59 a gallon.

Gas prices also reached record levels in local markets across the country Tuesday.

In West Virginia, the price of regular unleaded gasoline hit a record $3.44 across much of the state. AAA said the statewide average is at $3.22, up 33 cents from a month ago.

In Arkansas, unleaded gas was up to $3.18 per gallon, up 43 cents from a month ago and 49 cents from a year ago, AAA said.

Minnesota's statewide average hit $3.30 cents a gallon for unleaded, but diesel prices in the state were about 53 cents lower than the average high mark set in October 2005, AAA said.

With an average price of $3.28 for one gallon of regular unleaded gasoline Tuesday, Oklahoma bucked its normal trend of having some of the lowest prices in the nation.

But not all prices increased. In California, regular grade gasoline dropped 2 cents to $3.41.

In Indiana, record prices at the gas pump have not changed Gov. Mitch Daniels' mind about the possibility of suspending the state sales tax on gasoline, TV station WLWT reported.

Daniels has consistently rejected calls to suspend the tax when prices spike, and he said Monday that he still opposes the idea, though he did say that he would consider it under some circumstances.

At $3 a gallon, motorists would save about 16 cents per gallon if they weren't paying the tax.

House Passes Bill Aimed At Prices, OPEC

Meanwhile, the House has voted to allow the government to sue OPEC over oil production quotas.

Decrying near-record gasoline prices, lawmakers voted 345-72 in favor of the bill. Similar legislation is awaiting action in the Senate.

Michigan Democrat John Conyers, the bill's chief sponsor, accuses OPEC of engaging in a "price-fixing conspiracy" he said has "unfairly driven up the price" of crude oil and gasoline and the government should not stand by and watch.

But the White House opposes the measure. It said such lawsuits could spawn retaliatory measures that might disrupt oil supplies and lead to even higher prices at the pump. Bush will be advised to veto the legislation should it reach him.

Iran Hikes Gas Prices 25 Percent

Even in Iran, the second biggest oil exporter in the world, gas prices are going up.

The price of gasoline in Iran jumped 25 percent overnight. The hike is certain to increase public dismay with Iran's hard-line president.

The government had said it would not raise fuel prices, so the increase shocked drivers. The hike is part of the government's efforts to reduce state gas subsidies and to discourage smugglers.

Iraq's limited refinery capacity forces it to import gasoline.

Discontent has been growing in Iran over soaring prices. The cost of housing has doubled and prices for basic goods like vegetables have tripled since last summer.

Despite the hike, gas is still far cheaper in Iran than in most of the West. But wages are also much lower in Iran.

Previous Stories:
    May 22, 2007: RV Drivers, Buyers Adapt To Higher Fuel Prices

Distributed by Internet Broadcasting Systems, Inc. The Associated Press contributed to this report.
    Last edited by MalahatTwo7; 05-23-2007 at 10:52 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Content Removed
    Last edited by martz847; 06-07-2010 at 09:20 PM.

Forum Member

$3.05 to $3.14 here for unleaded regular.

I am playing the "pianissimo" version of the right foot and pedal symphony in the Mustang....
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Wittmer
    Firehouse.com Guest

Diesel's $2.65/gallon in central NJ. I love my Powerstroke.

Forum Member

Talking

I was just about to post my local diesel price... $2.63/gal.

Gas is up to $3.49/gal

Finally the way it is supposed to be!!!
    love my cummins!
    Eric- FF/Paramedic/Inspector
    Clermont County, Ohio

Forum Member

There is another factor at hand here. Remember last year that fat, pork laden bill Congress passed and the President signed?

Yeah it requires 15% Ethanol in gas. Remember that the Ethanol comes from corn? Remember that it is more expensive to refine corn into Ethanol? Oh yeah, and corn prices went up so it costs even more to make the Ethanol, so it cost more to add Ethanol to gas. And that cost gets passed on to us.

Ain't politics great?
    Last edited by DaSharkie; 05-24-2007 at 08:30 PM.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

MembersZone Subscriber

Filled up this morning at $2.95.. almost $50 to fill my tank
    Quote Originally Posted by DaSharkie View Post
    Yeah it requires 15% Ethanol in gas. Remember that the Ethanol comes from corn? Remember that it is more expensive to refine corn into Ethanol? Oh yeah, and corn prices went up so it costs even more to make the Ethanol, so it cost more to add Ethanol to gas.
    I don't think it requires Ethanol in regular gas, but requires E85 fuel be made available of phased in by a certain time. An engine has to be specifically designed to handle E85. Putting it in a regular engine would be bad. Cars with a yellow gas cap can handle E85.

Oh, and E85 cuts your MPG by 15% as well. And it produces more smog and other BadThings.
    So you call this your free country
    Tell me why it costs so much to live
    -3dd

MembersZone Subscriber

Oh, Use this site to find the cheapest gas in your area:
    http://www.gasbuddy.com/

Its user-driven so update the numbers as your find them...
    So you call this your free country
    Tell me why it costs so much to live
    -3dd

MembersZone Subscriber

Interesting commentary:

Prices Force Station Owners To Stop Selling Gas. Prices Too High, They Say

POSTED: 9:04 am EDT May 24, 2007

Sky-high gas prices have prompted some Wisconsin service stations to stop selling fuel.

Jeff Curro has sold gas at his Brookfield Shell station for 20 years. But, he's turned off his pumps because the price he's paying to supply the gas to drivers is just too high.

Curro said his 3-cent-a-gallon profit margin is eaten up by the credit card companies that get an average 3 percent on every gallon sold. Credit card processing fees rank as the second-biggest expense for gas station owners.

Casey O'Gorman has also stopped selling gas at his West Allis Shell station. He's now doing business only as Auto Analyzers.

A Mobil station in Mequon temporarily shut off its pumps to protest the high gas prices. Yellow tape surrounds the pumps at Towne Market Mobil.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press.

Forum Member

2.99 this morn for my car. Glad I got a gas saving car.
    Chris
    FF/Lic-Paramedic
    Galveston FD "The Big House"
    IAFF Local 571
    www.galvestonfiredept.org

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by voyager9 View Post
    I don't think it requires Ethanol in regular gas, but requires E85 fuel be made available of phased in by a certain time. An engine has to be specifically designed to handle E85. Putting it in a regular engine would be bad. Cars with a yellow gas cap can handle E85.

Oh, and E85 cuts your MPG by 15% as well. And it produces more smog and other BadThings.
    There is a requirement to phase in Ethanol mixed with gas. Nothing but political grandstanding and the corn-producing state representatives making sure that they stuff their coffers. Add to that the fact that it takes at least the same, if not more, energy amount to produce Ethanol that it is supposed to save by not burning petrol.

People are so easily led wherever the media and politicians wish to lead them.

Forum Member

The price of crude is about $10/bbl LESS than it was this time a year ago. The current pricing is gouging plain and simple.

Welcome to the "free market."
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Forum Member

It's $3.39/gal for regular unleaded here in Nashville, IL...I had to get rid if my precious trans am last winter for a little go kart of a 4-banger ford ....oh well. The payments are cheaper and it gets twice the mileage, so I guess I should be happy ...but I sure do miss my hot rod! LOL...
    "Well behaved women rarely make history"

MembersZone Subscriber

If I can get lucky, which I have been, around 2.85 for Gas... most offer is around 2.95 but thank you Tom Thumb discout 10 cents per gallon.

Now, you want cheap gas... and in the US...???

Look at what is costs in Alaska.

And, its great being just 1 mile from work. Thank you Mr. Bicycle

Forum Member
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

I got this by email a few weeks ago but never got around to posting it. Figured this was the perfect thread to do so.

New universal sign for gasoline ...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

MembersZone Subscriber

Where is Mobile on that?

Forum Member
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Gas prices highest in almost two years: survey

Updated Tue. May. 22 2007 7:59 PM ET

CTV.ca News Staff

Canada is experiencing its highest average pump price since the aftermath of hurricane Katrina in 2005.

The Calgary consulting firm M.J. Ervin and Associates found the average price of a litre of gasoline in Canada to be $1.15.

The national average price for regular gasoline peaked after Katrina in 2005, at $1.26 a litre. Thunder Bay, Ont. was the bargain capital for gas buyers, reporting a price of $1.02 per litre. People in Kelowna, B.C. are paying $1.28 per litre.

M.J. spokeswoman Cathy Hay told The Canadian Press that the culprit is higher wholesale gasoline prices driven by "extremely low" gasoline inventories.

Canada isn't the only country experiencing the problem. The United States and even Iran have their own troubles.

In the U.S, retail gas prices hit a record high for a second consecutive week and matched the inflation-adjusted peak experienced during the Iran-Iraq war of the early 1980s, the U.S. government reported Monday.

The national price hit US$3.22 per gallon, or about 92 cents (Cdn.) per litre, according to the Energy Information Agency, which surveyed 800 stations.

That price is up about US$1.05 per gallon since early February.

The Lundberg industry survey of 7,000 stations put the price at US$3.18 per gallon.

A study by the Government Accountability Office told the U.S. Congress on Tuesday that the spike in U.S. gasoline prices has taken US$20 billion out of the pockets of U.S. consumers, an average of US$146 for every passenger car in the country.

The EIA said the shutdown of several refineries for maintenance has led to tight supplies.

"We are expecting that things should improve in June," the agency's Guy Caruso told The Associated Press. "We still have some more of the wholesale (gasoline) prices to pass through (to the pump). We're not at the peak yet."

The U.S. is compensating by importing gasoline, and that has a ripple effect that's being felt in Iran.

The government there boosted the price of gasoline by 25 per cent, although the price is still very low by world standards.

Motorists awoke Tuesday to find themselves paying 11 cents per litre.

While Iran is OPEC's oil exporter, it has a lack of domestic refining capacity. Fuel rationing is being considered by the government, which is attempting to reduce its reliance on imported gasoline. A decision will be announced on June 5.

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad came to power in 2005 promising to reduce unemployment and getting a share of oil revenues to every family. The economic pressures of rising prices for gasoline, housing and food in Iran are driving up public discontent there.

With files from The Canadian Press and the Associated Press
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Thread Information