Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wildwood, NJ

Default Wildwood, NJ

Since there is already a thread on OC, Maryland, I thought I would start one for Wildwood. Doing a bachelor party there in August. Any recommendations? Bars, restaurants, etc?
    Proud East Coast Traditionalist.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    Since there is already a thread on OC, Maryland, I thought I would start one for Wildwood. Doing a bachelor party there in August. Any recommendations? Bars, restaurants, etc?
    My recommendation is go somewhere else. Wildwood is a sewer. A gang-ridden, low class sewer.

MembersZone Subscriber voyager9's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
    Wildwood is a sewer. A gang-ridden, low class sewer.
    Which may make it the perfect place for a bachelor party..
    Rudy: Let's have a bachelor party with chicks and guns and fire trucks and hookers and drugs and booze!
    Gary: Yeah! Yeah yeah! All the things that make life worth living for!
    So you call this your free country
    Tell me why it costs so much to live
    -3dd

Go over to the "other site" and talk to FNG, aka "NWFDLT" or whatever he calls himself now.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThNozzleMan
    Why? Because we are firemen. We are decent human beings. We would be compelled by the overwhelming impulse to save an innocent child from a tragic, painful death because in the end, we are MEN.

I A C O J
    FTM-PTB

Honorary Disclaimer: While I am a manufacturer representative, I am not here to sell my product. Any advice or knowledge shared is for informational purposes only. I do not use Firehouse.Com for promotional purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by Res343cue View Post
    Go over to the "other site" and talk to FNG, aka "NWFDLT" or whatever he calls himself now.
    LOL ok thanks.

George, I always thought Seaside was the sewer, and Wildwood was a bit better...havent been down there in a few years though. Im just not interested in coming home with a bullet or 2 in me. Other than that, Im game.
    Proud East Coast Traditionalist.

Seaside is a cleaner sewer and not as long a drive.

I don't know I would have taken it as far as to say a sewer. But, I would pick some where else to go. Probably the only bar in wildwood that has stayed the same over the years is the shammrock, every one else is catering to the "urban" crowd, which may be what george is talking about. They do have their fair share of violence there, in the summer probably at least once a weekend you hear the medics going there for a stabbing, once in a while a shooting. Either way, too much tension and bs to want to go there for fun anymore. It's certianly not camden, but I'm sure you can find better, safer fun further north.

Seaside bars are "safer" than Wildwoods. But beware, Seaside is trying to change their image. They are putting serious effort into forcing their bars to close by midnight as opposed to the current 4am. They are trying to get back to the "family town" image. Plus, Seaside still has hotels where Wildwood is turning everything into a higher priced condo as fast as possible.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Bones42 View Post
    Seaside bars are "safer" than Wildwoods. But beware, Seaside is trying to change their image. They are putting serious effort into forcing their bars to close by midnight as opposed to the current 4am. They are trying to get back to the "family town" image. Plus, Seaside still has hotels where Wildwood is turning everything into a higher priced condo as fast as possible.
    Except in the City, where the welfare people still populate the hotels int he off-season, breeding the gang members that predominate on the Boardwalk at night. The only way you would ever find me in Wildwood again is if I am getting paid to work a fire there. Otherwise, I wouldn't go near it.

The waterparks there are REALLY fun (shuddup, don't make fun of me, they are)
    Moreys Pier and Mariners Landing. Yea, they rock.
    Other then that, unless I am visiting the ex girl friend, I don't really go there
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
    This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

Thread Information