Thread: Raton, NM

MembersZone Subscriber

Question Raton, NM

I have an interview with Raton Fire and Rescue on Friday. Aside from the basic stuff I can find on their website I don't know much about the town or the department. If anyone knows anything I would appreciate it.

Forum Member

How did you get an interview if you know nothing about the city or department? Is this a paid position or volunteer?

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Omg

Its a joke dont waste your time unless ur from that area.... pay is $7.00 to 8.50 yes they offer overtime. benefits werent too bad if i remember correctly i am on a trip right now so i dont have the printed out sheet they gave me right after my interview but i remember the pay cuz i flew from MI for that interview and its not worth it unless you live in that area?.. ohh yea they offer $1600 for food while onduty per year, and the cost of living in the area isnt too bad they have 4 stations 1 is manned department has a budget for 23 or 24 personel including the officers and cheifs and i believe the secretary. I wont be home till after friday so if u choose to go good luck it isnt a hard interview they are pretty much desperate i believe they have opens for 3 more guys or maybe it was 4 they told me.... ohh it did seem like a good group of guys but small little run down hick NM town so dont exect much ok later

Forum Member

Angry

Wow, great review thanks......... If it doesn't meet your expectations or standards then why bother going for the interview?

MembersZone Subscriber

WOW yea WOWIE... thanks for that he asked so i answered and when i did my homework on the department i was going to interview for it was simply a lack of population as they made it sound. Seemed like a great dept and not that it isnt just i felt i was almost a lied to about the department size and other statistics....

if you have any more questions feel free to PM me that fine besides people with no business just a big head making comments about something they have no clue about

Forum Member

My point here is that it is a paid position that a lot of folks would jump on. Raton is not a "big town" like Dallas, NYC. I have no idea what their population is but would guess it is one of the biggest for around 150 miles or so. It would be nice if every paid department would pay $50k a year but that isn't going to happen.

Shrek, I am guessing you aren't from Raton or have never been there. If it were me, I am not going to apply with a department unless I have done my homework and would live there. Just my nickles worth.

I don't live there but have been through there quite a bit for the last 30 years or so, but never spent any amount of time there except overnight. A little small for my liking.

Thread Information