1. #1
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    225

    Default Firefighters tied up in bondage parlor fire

    Quote from the fire department:
    "[Firefighters] were tied up for some time but disciplined and controlled firefighting contained the blaze to one room on the second floor".


    http://www.theage.com.au/news/nation...601444353.html

  2. #2
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingRon View Post
    Quote from the fire department:
    "[Firefighters] were tied up for some time but disciplined and controlled firefighting contained the blaze to one room on the second floor".


    http://www.theage.com.au/news/nation...601444353.html
    And he said that with a straight face ?

  3. #3
    MembersZone Subscriber
    MalahatTwo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.
    Posts
    12,837

    Default

    Just because the story will go to archieves and become "unobtainable"

    Fire whips though bondage parlour

    May 23, 2007 - 2:45PM

    Can you smell burning rubber? Firefighters scramble to get to the seat of The Correction Centre blaze.
    Photo: Gita Chetty

    A misplaced candle is believed to have started a fire that caused about $100,000 damage to a bondage and discipline parlour in inner Melbourne.

    Metropolitan Fire Brigade crews were called to The Correction Centre in St David Street, Fitzroy, just after 10.15pm and contained the fire to a room on the second floor of the two-storey building.

    An MFB spokesman said 18 firefighters "were tied up for some time but disciplined and controlled firefighting contained the blaze to one room on the second floor".

    The establishment's staff and any clients had evacuated by the time MFB units arrived. No one was injured but much of the upper level was damaged by heat and smoke.

    Fitzroy resident Gita Chetty, 23, said she saw smoke coming from the building and two women leave the bondage club.

    "I saw two women who came out of the centre at the time of the fire - one looked like a receptionist wearing a red silky top and a black skirt and the other woman was wearing a long black jacket and she was wearing lots of make up," she said.

    Ms Chetty, who lives nearby, said: "It's pretty low key, although I have noticed the regulars who come by."

    The spokesman said a lighted candle was thought to be the cause of the fire.

    The fire was under control in about 30 minutes, Acting Commander Ala McLean told radio station 3AW.

    "It was fairly quickly controlled. It was a small fire. Once they gained access into the first floor area it was reasonably quickly extinguished," Mr McLean said.

    AAP, with Reko Rennie
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

    "I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

    "Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

    Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

    impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

    IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-04-2007, 06:35 PM
  2. PASS Alarm Investigation
    By 1080iAddict in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 87
    Last Post: 02-17-2007, 08:51 PM
  3. Clearwater Florida, Report of Fatal Condo Fire Released
    By captstanm1 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 05-25-2005, 12:10 AM
  4. 2004 report by IAFC report on the volunteer fire service
    By HeavyRescueTech in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-02-2004, 09:55 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register