Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber LFD1MICHAEL's Avatar

Thumbs up help fight cancer

I recently accepted the challenge to raise funds to support cancer research for Roswell Park Cancer Institute. On June 23rd I'll be riding 62.5 miles in MEMORY OF RICKY (spider) HALLIDAY.

Ricky was a 28 year member of our department who served over 15 years as an officer, community instructor and EMT P. Ricky passed away almost 3 years ago from colon cancer. For many years he was the “go to guy” regarding all EMS issues and one of the most hardcore interior firefighters I’ve ever worked with.

Perhaps you know someone with cancer - a friend, a family member, a colleague, an employee. The fact is that one out of three Americans will be diagnosed with cancer in his or her lifetime. Cancer affects everyone -- rich and poor, young and old. It is the leading cause of death from disease in America.

There has been a revolution in cancer research in the past decade. For the first time, researchers and physicians are beginning to understand the causes of cancer and are making dramatic inroads toward new prevention, diagnosis and treatment strategies. With early detection, many cancers are curable if promptly treated. In fact, annual cancer deaths began to decline for the first time in over 70 years starting in 2004 due to these advances.

Now, more than ever, Roswell Park Cancer Institute needs our commitment in order to expand its leadership efforts. Please help support me in this important project by contributing generously.

Your tax-deductible contribution is greatly appreciated. It is faster and easier than ever to support this great cause - you can make your donation online by simply clicking on the link at the bottom of this message. If you would prefer, you can also send your tax-deductible contribution to the address listed below.

Whatever you can give will help -- it all adds up! Thank you for your support and I will keep you posted on my progress!
    Sincerely,
    Michael Penzotti (lfd1michael)
    To send a donation:

Make all checks payable to:
    (Please note rider name in your check memo field)
    Ride for Roswell
    P.O. Box 644
    Buffalo, NY 14240
    Click here to visit my personal page.
    If the text above does not appear as a clickable link, you can visit the web address:
    http://register.roswellpark.org/site...0&s_tafId=8161
    Last edited by LFD1MICHAEL; 05-25-2007 at 11:02 AM. Reason: sp

Thread Information