MembersZone Subscriber

Smile Career Firefighter

I am looking at going to work for a career FD upon completion of my military service. Can anyone give me any tips that may help me out in my pursuit? Oh and I will have completed or be close to completing a B.A. in Fire Safety Engineering and Technology.

MembersZone Subscriber

Cincyone,
    I have looked at your department some. I am originally from Southern Ohio although have been away from there for about 5 years now. I will probably test for cincy for the chance to come back home as well as INDY and Columbia,SC. Any advice would be great.

MembersZone Subscriber

The last one I took was a couple years ago for Easton, PA and it was very general and ASVAB like. They related the question to FF but it wasn't about FF per say. How often does cincy hire? The fit test won't be an issue i'm sure neither will the written but what can I expect from the Oral.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks for the info. I know it would be nice to come back to Ohio of course I have grown partial to the warm weather of FL and SC. I'll just have to apply and see where it takes me.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by scfirefighter12 View Post
    Thanks for the info. I know it would be nice to come back to Ohio of course I have grown partial to the warm weather of FL and SC. I'll just have to apply and see where it takes me.

Any chance you are a nuke, or are you not even Navy. I only ask because I was a Nuke ET, and went to school in Charleston SC, and then was stationed in Kings Bay GA, which is just over the GA FL border.

MembersZone Subscriber

No I am a GSE stationed in Mayport. Looking also at North Charleston FD as well .

Default DUI question

I was recently arrested for a DUI back in march and then got offered a postion in may But I was unable to start recruit school due to my case not being settled so they told me I would be able to start recruit school in january of 08, I final found my case outcome since this is my first ever crimanl arrest or anythign of that I am going to enter into the first time offenders program but the arrest record sticks around till after i finish the program, But there is no conviction record at all.. DO you still think i have a chance of being able to start recruit school in january? Also if you have any other advice please write would really be interested in hearing..

Thanks

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by scfirefighter12 View Post
    No I am a GSE stationed in Mayport. Looking also at North Charleston FD as well .
    I took the North Charleston PD Exam. But not the FD. It wasnt bad at all. Physical agility was pretty simple, and written was a piece of cake if you can read and do simple math.

If you do get on a NCFD or even City Of Charleston and are still interested in Firefighting volunteer also. Move into the Goose Creek Unincorporated area. Near the weapons station, redbank road east of Hwy 52. It is Berkley county Company 3. Goose Creek Rural Volunteer Fire Dept. www.gcrfd.com. Mike Haines is the chief and he is a really good guy, and a great firefighter. If ya get by that area they have drill Tuesday nights 7-9 and Saturdays 9am-noon.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks for the info. Right now even tho I have a couple years before I get out I am really looking at coming back to the south carolina area. Hopefully, Columbia or NCFD. I would be greatly happy with either one. I miss the area.

Thread Information