Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Forum Member

Default New Forum Needed

I am finished dealing with the idiots. These forums have got way beyond the civilized exchange of information and are now way too off track.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Pierce_Fire_Apparatus/

Today, I have started this NEW forum. For informative fire apparatus discussion without the BS, go here.

Until we meet again.

Quote Originally Posted by L3Truckee View Post
    I am finished dealing with the idiots. These forums have got way beyond the civilized exchange of information and are now way too off track.

Today, I have started this NEW forum. For informative fire apparatus discussion without the BS, go here.

Until we meet again.
    From your "website"

This is a forum for all issues concerning Pierce Fire Apparatus. Actually, any fire apparatus make or model issue or question.

Any issues (good or bad) can and should be posted here.

Keep your comments, honest, open, and informative. Anyone caught in BS sting will be exposed at FDIC, publicy shamed in the forum, and banned to spend eternity in the Firehouse Forums.
    The moderator will only ban those who prove themselves to be idiots.

Moderator is not a Pierce employee.
    I'm sure Firefighter 807 will jump on your bandwagon.. and I hear he has a 5 gallon jug of Pierce flavored Kool Aid with him!
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Permanently Removed

While not a Pierce fan but yet not an enemy, I must ask that you all lay off the Kool-aid comments.

All this Kool-Aid abuse started with Fox news I think (my favorite channel by the way) and has ballooned from there. Now everything “wrong” is because of “Kool-aid”. Let’s put the blame where it really needs to be. Whatever happened to the old fashioned saying “Are you on Crack?”

You see I am from Nebraska and that is where Kool-aid was invented. (http://www.hastingsmuseum.org/koolaid/kahistory.htm )

All this “anti-Kool-aid spin” is hurting Nebraska’s GDP. Just look at the pictures and you will see what this has done to Kool-aid’s image… Kool-aid used to be “Manly, strong, and muscular”.

Now because of all this “Kool-aid abuse” he has been changed into some sissy wearing purple shoes with stringy arms and a damn Hawaiian shirt!

Used to be his “Kool-aid” was well contained within his pitcher showing him to be a level headed guy. NOW look at him… “Kool-aid” sloshing all over the damn place. It’s a regular tragedy.

I looked it up and officially “Kool-aid” doesn’t make a “Pierce” flavor, is someone mixing this stuff up illegally? TL
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

L3Truckee: I am finished dealing with the idiots. These forums have got way beyond the civilized exchange of information and are now way too off track.

Until we meet again.
    Don't let the door hit you in the butt as you leave. With just these few posts you leave me with the impression that you are at best an underaged explorer and at worst a spoiled child.

This wasn't even your fight. So why did you decide to be a hero? Or are you just Firefighter807 in different clothes?

By the way I hope you can handle the rush of participants. You announced this site almost 4 hours ago and you are still the only member.

Oh well, do have a nice day.

FyredUp

Quote Originally Posted by SSIaerialmanTIM View Post
    While not a Pierce fan but yet not an enemy, I must ask that you all lay off the Kool-aid comments.
    Animation set to a funny Dane Cook routine:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MWTxyyfdvdA"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MWTxyyfdvdA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

lame... doesn't work. here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWTxyyfdvdA
    God Bless America!Remember all have given some, but some have given all.
    Google Is Your Friend™Helpful forum tip - a "must see" if you're new here
    Click this to search FH Forums!

Talking

I agree that a new forum is needed for those who blindly follow the pattern of the only truck is an appleton truck . Those that will blindly pay more just for the nameplate that is glued on the front. All turn north and follow along with the camp fire song at 4 pm everyday.

They make good trucks and they make lemons just like many other manufacturers. they just charge more!
    They are no longer the same company since being bought out by oshkosh, since they are just a very small part of a hugh multi-national corporation, which makes the majority of it's money off of war and death.

And just WHO is L3truckee? Nothing in his profile to indicate any fire service history whatsoever. I won't worry about being publicly humiliated at FDIC,my rig doesn't have to be built by Pierce to do what we need it to do. Bring your favorite beverage(hehe)and your chanting cloth,kneel and face north at 5pm.Oh,and for the love of life stop using those shop built water tenders(tankers).Tim,sorry about the Koolaide but there's gotta be something in the water.Another innovative "first". T.C.

Permanently Removed

When I was a kid Kool-Aid didn't need pants either!

HEY KOOL-AID!!!! OH YEEEAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! That video cracks me up!

MembersZone Subscriber

Default It's those hats.

Maybe it's not the Kool-Aid.
    I think that it is those "hats" that come with the truck. Once you put them on, they start brain-washing. The more you wear them the greater the "brain melting". For a while they are worn like a badge of pride, even replacing the FD hats around the fire house. If worn long enough the effects are long term. Most go back to wearing the FD hats, but a few continue to wear "the truck hat" and continue to fall victim to the hypnotic powers of the "hat". There is no hope the brain-washing is complete. "My truck is better than all the rest" is a common phrase.

ST

Forum Member
    Whangaparaoa Peninsular North Island New Zealand

Red face Wot the phuque?

As a Limey born and bred, now a Kiwi and proud of it--what on earth is "Kool-Aid"?
    Is it sort of like Ribena-that has just been exposed by two 14 yr old school girls as not containing what its supposed to have IE Vitamin C--or what is "Gatorade"--congealed/crushed/whizzed Alligator testicles?
    Another one that has fascinated me "Root Beer"--does it enhance the chance to?

Over here a "root" is a sexual act--IE a typical Aussie "Eats,roots and leaves"
    or is that a Koala bear?

The English language has a lot to answer for

Whatsa matter.......The truth hurt? I strongly reccomend you guys go to church this coming sunday, because I am going to tell you a little secret.....

Despite what the boys in Appleton tell you, and despite what the drugs in the drink tell your mind......Pierce is NOT the second coming of Christ!
    Last edited by FWDbuff; 06-06-2009 at 08:27 PM.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    Whatsa matter.......The truth hurt? I strongly reccomend you guys go to church this coming sunday, because I am going to tell you a little secret.....

Despite what the boys in Appleton tell you, and despite what the drugs in the drink tell your mind......Pierce is NOT the second coming of Christ!
    Now that is funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

Damn.I almost sprayed my screen! Just when I thought it couldn't get any better. T.C.

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking Kool Aid, Gator Aid, Root Beer

2andfrom
    Two English speaking countries seperated by a common language!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 2andfrom View Post
    As a Limey born and bred, now a Kiwi and proud of it--what on earth is "Kool-Aid"?
    Is it sort of like Ribena-that has just been exposed by two 14 yr old school girls as not containing what its supposed to have IE Vitamin C--or what is "Gatorade"--congealed/crushed/whizzed Alligator testicles?
    Another one that has fascinated me "Root Beer"--does it enhance the chance to?

Over here a "root" is a sexual act--IE a typical Aussie "Eats,roots and leaves"
    or is that a Koala bear?

The English language has a lot to answer for
    Kool-Aid is a drink mix marketed towards children (or Pierce loyalists). It comes in small packets which when combined with 1 cup of sugar and 1/2 a gallon of water, plus mind-altering drugs to make the famed "Appleton Flavor".

I found this on the internet:
    The Origin Of The Saying

In November of 1978, the world was shocked by the suicide deaths of 913 members of the People's Temple cult. Jim Jones, the leader of the group, convinced his followers to move to Jonestown, Guyana, a remote community that Jones carved out of the South American jungle and named after himself. Jones constantly feared losing control of his followers. His paranoia was the main reason he moved the cult to Guyana.

The mass suicide occurred after U.S. Rep. Leo Ryan of California and a team of reporters visited the compound to investigate reports of abuse. After some members tried to leave with the congressman’s group, Jim Jones had Ryan and his entourage ambushed at the nearby airstrip. He then ordered his flock to commit suicide by drinking grape-flavored Kool-Aid laced with potassium cyanide.

The mass suicide wasn’t a spur-of-the-moment decision. During the weeks that preceded the dreadful event, Jones had conducted a series of suicide drills, according to survivors. An alarm call would sound and every person in the camp would line up to receive a fatal dosage. These exercises in insanity proved that all of the adults at the compound knew what would be the result of their actions.

The People’s Temple did not start off as your average mind-controlling cult. It initially gained much respect as an interracial mission for the sick, homeless and jobless. Jim Jones did not manifest his darker side until near the end.

One lasting legacy of the Jonestown tragedy is the saying, “Don’t drink the Kool-Aid.” This has come to mean, "Don’t trust any group you find to be a little on the kooky side." Of course, you would have to know of Kool-Aid’s dubious connection to Jim Jones to understand the proverb.

Forum Member

Smile Nice start...

The new forum seems to have gotten off to a nice start.

Stop by and check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by L3Truckee View Post
    The new forum seems to have gotten off to a nice start.

Stop by and check it out.

What exactly does this mean? "Anyone caught in a BS sting will be exposed at FDIC"???

Since FDIC already came and went, do I have to wait a whole year for you to "expose" me at FDIC and tell everyone that I think Appleton Flavor tastes horrible?

Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    What exactly does this mean? "Anyone caught in a BS sting will be exposed at FDIC"???

Since FDIC already came and went, do I have to wait a whole year for you to "expose" me at FDIC and tell everyone that I think Appleton Flavor tastes horrible?
    Besides, I'm not quite certain, but I think I already may have exposed myself in Indy. In a bar. Late at night. Details foggy... Maybe someone else was exposing themselves to me. I dunno.

Exposure isn't bad.
    Last edited by npfd801; 06-02-2007 at 12:21 PM.
    "Share your knowledge - it's a way to achieve immortality." - Stolen from Chase Sargent's Buddy to Boss program

Forum Member

Be nice to be able to get "Kool-Aid" in Australia, we just have "Put up with what we give you-Aid"

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by pumper8032 View Post
    Be nice to be able to get "Kool-Aid" in Australia, we just have "Put up with what we give you-Aid"
    Would they know how to make off side drive?

Thread Information