Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by davjohnson View Post
    Kids, kids, kids....

What are you trying to accomplish by arguing and placing blame??? Don't gloat if you're the one who reported an offensive post. It's just as easy for someone to do it to you.
    Reports have already been made. Hopefully Im not the only one.
    Proud East Coast Traditionalist.

Forum Member

Wow....... Banned for that??????????
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
    IACOJ

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaExplorer View Post
    just posting my opinions..

was a comment made towards me, if no one makes them to me i wont respond, they do i have every right to respond.

Like I have said before,

THIS is the future of the fire service.

Enjoy it while it lasts folks. Cause the old horses and those of us taught by the old horses get put out to pasture......this is what will be left
    Co 11
    Virginia Beach FD

Amateurs practice until they get it right; professionals practice until they cannot get it wrong. Which one are you?

'The fire went out and nobody got hurt' is a poor excuse for a fireground critique.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DocVBFDE14 View Post

Worse than that, this is the future of our country.

MembersZone Subscriber

Cool

Cause the old horses and those of us taught by the old horses get put out to pasture......this is what will be left
    Never been called a horse before. I prefer "dinosaur".

Forum Member

Default See Ya......

For the last two weeks I have watched what can only be described has a train wreck on these fourms. I have had a few chuckles at some of the more over the top posts but, the new element here is down right obnoxious and lend nothing to these fourms. I will be at the IACOJ ......at least I know that there are no naked explorers sitting in front of a computer touching themselfs.....Stay safe brothers...
    IACOJ Membership 2002
    {15}

Mike IAFF

The beatings will continue until the morale improves

Forum Member

Like I have said before,

Enjoy it while it lasts folks. Cause the old horses and those of us taught by the old horses get put out to pasture......this is what will be left
    And it's the few (insert synonym for donkey here) who give us ALL (Explorers/Jr.s) a bad name.

EDIT- Scary thing is, the certain Explorer that brought most of this on only has a month with the fire service.
    (Please note, it is not my intention to "call him out". I'm simply making a point.)
    Last edited by RFxplr326; 05-29-2007 at 10:52 PM.
    Firefighter/EMT
    My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

Forum Member

Like I have said before,

I'm hoping you are willing to make exceptions to that statement. Yea sure, there are some of the future that are incapable of being firefighters, or just can't get the hang of it like others can, but there are some like that in every generation.

You have to look at other explorers/juniors also though. I kind of shuddered when I read that, because I felt you were stereotyping all of the exps/jrs because of the actions of a select few. I would hope you will reconsider (or clarify) that you do not mean all of the future firefighters are going to be incapable firefighters.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by st42stephenAFT View Post
    I'm hoping you are willing to make exceptions to that statement. Yea sure, there are some of the future that are incapable of being firefighters, or just can't get the hang of it like others can, but there are some like that in every generation.

You have to look at other explorers/juniors also though. I kind of shuddered when I read that, because I felt you were stereotyping all of the exps/jrs because of the actions of a select few. I would hope you will reconsider (or clarify) that you do not mean all of the future firefighters are going to be incapable firefighters.
    There are many, many excellent explorers. We just worry that you are outnumbered.

Forum Member

I still wish that this wont be the future of the fire service doc. I just think everyone needs to learn to cut their losses when they are fighting a losing battle. I think a few people who have been banned in the past 24 hours should not have been and a few people should have been warned about their actions. Some people need to also learn to hold their toung. Just a few observations that I have made. Right or wrong that they may be. That is what I feal.
    "...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
    For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
    Shall be my brother;..." - King Henry V - Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Catch22 View Post
    It's not the brightest thing to come into a topic and try to provoke a bunch of guys/gals with more time on the firehouse crapper than you do in the firehouse.
    "crispitycrunchitypeanutbutter y t0ast" - DFurtman

MembersZone Subscriber

So what makes the difference??? Individual maturity, Explorer Post rules, leadership, ego???

Forum Member
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Maybe Fyred Up will pop over to the Crusty site and enlighten us.
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by RFxplr326 View Post
    And it's the few (insert synonym for donkey here) who give us ALL (Explorers/Jr.s) a bad name.
    It only takes one to screw it up for everyone! Doc, I agree with you. Maybe I should quite early and just go flip burgers somewhere.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by t0asty View Post
    I still wish that this wont be the future of the fire service doc. I just think everyone needs to learn to cut their losses when they are fighting a losing battle. I think a few people who have been banned in the past 24 hours should not have been and a few people should have been warned about their actions. Some people need to also learn to hold their toung. Just a few observations that I have made. Right or wrong that they may be. That is what I feal.
    I can definately 2nd that. These problems never will have never occurred if that was the case.
    Firefighter/EMT
    My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

Forum Member

Like I have said before,

Nah, I don't think that's necessarily so.

Psych tests, personality tests and Chief's interviews tend weed out these undesirables fairly well.

For the few that do slip in under the RADAR, the ensuing feeding frenzy by the "old horse gang" usually drives them right back to their better suited, "Do you want fries with that" career in short order (pun intended ).
    Fire Lieutenant/E.M.T.
    IAFF Local 2339
    K of C 4th Degree
    "LEATHER FOREVER"
    Member I.A.C.O.J.
    http://www.tfdfire.com/
    "Fir na tine"

MembersZone Subscriber

just dont understand it. Everyone is going after the new guy. Yes a complaint was filed against "fed-up" and im not sure if that is what got him banned or not. I know for sure that people have reported me. Who cares. If I was Fyred and posted the stuff I posts then you guys would have no problem. But since i was the one that posted it you ran after me. Why? I did nothing wrong and nothing worse than Fyred did. Yes, i did apologize, twice, no I did not come here and start posting and think that I know it all, cuz i dont. I started posting after your Fyred posted a very rude reply to the kid about taking command. It went from there and here we are today, I myself was not the result of his banning.
    I doubt if anyone reported you. Think you would have found out by now. You don't need to fight someone else's battles on the forums regardless of how rude the "attack" is. Read the forum rules you agreed to abide by, then judge yourself.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by davjohnson View Post
    So what makes the difference??? Individual maturity, Explorer Post rules, leadership, ego???
    They all have an effect.
    If people matured, Explorer post's rules were obeyed properly and people were diciplined properly for their actions, and people assumed more leadership positions than follower positions, yes there would be a difference. All these areas fall onto each other. Maturity, Leadership, and Obeying rules.
    Firefighter/EMT

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RFxplr326 View Post
    Chief, it was total BS. Fyred should have never been booted. He may have crossed the line a little bit, but I have seen far worse in my short time here on FH.
    I read through that entire thread, starting with my last post in it. Fyred did not cross any line...he didn't call anyone names or resort to personal attacks to get his point across. Alabama, however, deliberately goaded him and on several occasions disrespectfully referred to him as "fed-up".

Having been a Mod for 1.5 yrs on a site much bigger and more active than this one, I can tell you this:
    When you have a brand new poster coming in and stirring the pot with the regs, especially those who have years of seniority and thousands of helpful, insightful, and useful posts, the immediate and correct action to take is to warn the newbie and lay down the law that they are a newb (not only to the boards but the Service as well), and they need to respect the senior members of the board who actually have something invested in it.
    If that fails to get said Newb's attention, they get a short "time-out" to think about things, and if that doesn't cool their jets, it's "C-ya later, alligator."

As for this recent round of BS--I refuse to further give time, credence, and more importantly--website hits, to a forum that calls itself "For Firefighters", yet throws away its most senior and knowledgeable posters in favor of a brand newbie who isn't even a Firefighter yet.

WebTeam: If you're reading this because this post was reported, don't worry about deleting my account--I'm going to take care of that in just a second as soon as I finish this post. I'm sickened and saddened by this mockery that you call "Moderation"--I did a better job in my first week as a Mod at Military.com. Do yourselves a favor and recruit an Admin and Mod team that actually knows how the hell to run a forum, and stick to sitting back in the Main Office and counting c-notes. You may just stand a chance of recovering a semblance of meaningful "life" on this forum if you effect that change immediately.
    My opinions might coincide with someone of importance's POV... I wouldn't know, since I never bothered to ask. My policy is: "Don't ask, don't care."

IACOJ--West Coast PITA

Forum Member

just dont understand it. Everyone is going after the new guy. Yes a complaint was filed against "fed-up" and im not sure if that is what got him banned or not. I know for sure that people have reported me. Who cares. If I was Fyred and posted the stuff I posts then you guys would have no problem. But since i was the one that posted it you ran after me. Why? I did nothing wrong and nothing worse than Fyred did. Yes, i did apologize, twice, no I did not come here and start posting and think that I know it all, cuz i dont. I started posting after your Fyred posted a very rude reply to the kid about taking command. It went from there and here we are today, I myself was not the result of his banning.
    Rude remarks? RUDE REMARKS? First off, grow some thicker skin if you think what Fyred posted was rude. Sure, he probably could have posted what he did in a nicer way, but certain people already made it clear that they were going to lie, change stories, and not listen to what actual FIREMEN had to say. Rude is the only way to get through to children sometimes.

Secondly, the initial confrontation occurred over a 14 year old taking command at a fire. Rude shouldnt even be an option here. Suspensions and arrests are what should have happened. If I ever found out that a 14 year old (or a 17 year old, how old he said he was the 2nd time, when he changed his story) was in charge of a fire that I was operating at, not only would I leave the dept in a hearbeat, but I would be pushing for the most severe punishments available, including negligence, on the chief, the Asst Chief, and the officer of the 1st due engine. Need alittle remind why? We lose 100 FFs every year. We dont need any help from 14 year old explorers who think its ok to run a fire. http://cms.firehouse.com/content/art...4&sectionId=39 This isnt an office. I hate, really really hate, to quote Backdraft (sorry ChicagoFF, they should have made it about NY ), but when something goes wrong beyond our control, or someone screws up, someone dies.

So if an actual firefighter is hard on you, dont perceive it as being rude, just for the sake of being rude. Sometimes, the guys are actually trying to teach you. You implied that real ffs dont have any business being in the junior forums...what business do you have posting in the firefighter forums?
    Last edited by nyckftbl; 05-29-2007 at 11:21 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

If I might offer a suggestion... follow your own advice and avoid posting in forums you're not wanted in. It's not the brightest thing to come into a topic and try to provoke a bunch of guys/gals with more time on the firehouse crapper than you do in the firehouse.

Forum Member

It's not the brightest thing to.....provoke a bunch of guys/gals with more time on the firehouse crapper than you do in the firehouse.
    That's my new favorite quote! Thanks

MembersZone Subscriber

I wasnt the one that banned him

And then you wrote:
    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaExplorer
    Yes a complaint was filed against "fed-up" and im not sure if that is what got him banned or not.
    Kenny,

Get your story straight. Then go away and grow up.

Come back when you have matured a bit.
    Be safe y'all!
    IACOJ Animal Control
    Ladder 8
    "Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"

Forum Member

This was what got me started on this thread. That was his first "rude" post directly made to whitesox4life. I think he should have asked a few more questions than what he said. What he said was rude and should not have ever been posted. It could have been taken care of in a better manner. Regardless of what everyone else things the post below is the post that got removed by "webteam" after the "fight" had begun. If this site had more mods and admins then this would have been removed ASAP not a few days later...
    If you dont see that rude, im sorry but that was his first post to that kid in which he could have handled ed that in a better manner. Then go from there.

" Originally Posted by FyredUp:
    Two comments on this post.

1) IF I had been the Chief you would have lost that pager IMMEDIATELY.

2) I would have brought you up on charges for attempting to destroy FD property. Harsh? Perhaps. But do you honestly believe your behavior was proper?

Now for some advice.

1) GROW UP.

2) Learn to control your anger and if you can't go get some help. That behavior is neither appropriate OR appreciated in the fire department.

FyredUp"
    If this is the post that got Fyred banned....then WT is off their rocker. This is neither rude nor innapropriate. He told someone to grow up (after the child admitted to destroying dept property) and what he would have done had he handled the situation. If you think that is rude, you are not going to make it very far in the fire service. (I can dream)

Forum Member

These are the kind of topics that I wish could be locked and tossed. They are not productive and more or less only make matters worse.
    "...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
    For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
    Shall be my brother;..." - King Henry V - Shakespeare

It's not the brightest thing to come into a topic and try to provoke a bunch of guys/gals with more time on the firehouse crapper than you do in the firehouse.
    "crispitycrunchitypeanutbutter y t0ast" - DFurtman

MembersZone Subscriber

This was what got me started on this thread. That was his first "rude" post directly made to whitesox4life. I think he should have asked a few more questions than what he said. What he said was rude and should not have ever been posted. It could have been taken care of in a better manner. Regardless of what everyone else things the post below is the post that got removed by "webteam" after the "fight" had begun. If this site had more mods and admins then this would have been removed ASAP not a few days later...
    If you dont see that rude, im sorry but that was his first post to that kid in which he could have handled ed that in a better manner. Then go from there.

" Originally Posted by FyredUp:
    Two comments on this post.

1) IF I had been the Chief you would have lost that pager IMMEDIATELY.

2) I would have brought you up on charges for attempting to destroy FD property. Harsh? Perhaps. But do you honestly believe your behavior was proper?

Now for some advice.

1) GROW UP.

2) Learn to control your anger and if you can't go get some help. That behavior is neither appropriate OR appreciated in the fire department.

FyredUp"
    At what point is their a problem with this post from FyredUp????? I agree 100% with what he said.

At the point of this person doing that, I would've asked for his gear NO questions asked!

Thread Information