Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaExplorer View Post
    just dont understand it. Everyone is going after the new guy. Yes a complaint was filed against "fed-up" and im not sure if that is what got him banned or not. I know for sure that people have reported me. Who cares. If I was Fyred and posted the stuff I posts then you guys would have no problem. But since i was the one that posted it you ran after me. Why? I did nothing wrong and nothing worse than Fyred did. Yes, i did apologize, twice, no I did not come here and start posting and think that I know it all, cuz i dont. I started posting after your Fyred posted a very rude reply to the kid about taking command. It went from there and here we are today, I myself was not the result of his banning.
    I doubt if anyone reported you. Think you would have found out by now. You don't need to fight someone else's battles on the forums regardless of how rude the "attack" is. Read the forum rules you agreed to abide by, then judge yourself.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by davjohnson View Post
    So what makes the difference??? Individual maturity, Explorer Post rules, leadership, ego???
    They all have an effect.
    If people matured, Explorer post's rules were obeyed properly and people were diciplined properly for their actions, and people assumed more leadership positions than follower positions, yes there would be a difference. All these areas fall onto each other. Maturity, Leadership, and Obeying rules.
    Firefighter/EMT
    My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RFxplr326 View Post
    Chief, it was total BS. Fyred should have never been booted. He may have crossed the line a little bit, but I have seen far worse in my short time here on FH.
    I read through that entire thread, starting with my last post in it. Fyred did not cross any line...he didn't call anyone names or resort to personal attacks to get his point across. Alabama, however, deliberately goaded him and on several occasions disrespectfully referred to him as "fed-up".

Having been a Mod for 1.5 yrs on a site much bigger and more active than this one, I can tell you this:
    When you have a brand new poster coming in and stirring the pot with the regs, especially those who have years of seniority and thousands of helpful, insightful, and useful posts, the immediate and correct action to take is to warn the newbie and lay down the law that they are a newb (not only to the boards but the Service as well), and they need to respect the senior members of the board who actually have something invested in it.
    If that fails to get said Newb's attention, they get a short "time-out" to think about things, and if that doesn't cool their jets, it's "C-ya later, alligator."

As for this recent round of BS--I refuse to further give time, credence, and more importantly--website hits, to a forum that calls itself "For Firefighters", yet throws away its most senior and knowledgeable posters in favor of a brand newbie who isn't even a Firefighter yet.

WebTeam: If you're reading this because this post was reported, don't worry about deleting my account--I'm going to take care of that in just a second as soon as I finish this post. I'm sickened and saddened by this mockery that you call "Moderation"--I did a better job in my first week as a Mod at Military.com. Do yourselves a favor and recruit an Admin and Mod team that actually knows how the hell to run a forum, and stick to sitting back in the Main Office and counting c-notes. You may just stand a chance of recovering a semblance of meaningful "life" on this forum if you effect that change immediately.
    My opinions might coincide with someone of importance's POV... I wouldn't know, since I never bothered to ask. My policy is: "Don't ask, don't care."

IACOJ--West Coast PITA

just dont understand it. Everyone is going after the new guy. Yes a complaint was filed against "fed-up" and im not sure if that is what got him banned or not. I know for sure that people have reported me. Who cares. If I was Fyred and posted the stuff I posts then you guys would have no problem. But since i was the one that posted it you ran after me. Why? I did nothing wrong and nothing worse than Fyred did. Yes, i did apologize, twice, no I did not come here and start posting and think that I know it all, cuz i dont. I started posting after your Fyred posted a very rude reply to the kid about taking command. It went from there and here we are today, I myself was not the result of his banning.
    Rude remarks? RUDE REMARKS? First off, grow some thicker skin if you think what Fyred posted was rude. Sure, he probably could have posted what he did in a nicer way, but certain people already made it clear that they were going to lie, change stories, and not listen to what actual FIREMEN had to say. Rude is the only way to get through to children sometimes.

Secondly, the initial confrontation occurred over a 14 year old taking command at a fire. Rude shouldnt even be an option here. Suspensions and arrests are what should have happened. If I ever found out that a 14 year old (or a 17 year old, how old he said he was the 2nd time, when he changed his story) was in charge of a fire that I was operating at, not only would I leave the dept in a hearbeat, but I would be pushing for the most severe punishments available, including negligence, on the chief, the Asst Chief, and the officer of the 1st due engine. Need alittle remind why? We lose 100 FFs every year. We dont need any help from 14 year old explorers who think its ok to run a fire. http://cms.firehouse.com/content/art...4&sectionId=39 This isnt an office. I hate, really really hate, to quote Backdraft (sorry ChicagoFF, they should have made it about NY ), but when something goes wrong beyond our control, or someone screws up, someone dies.

So if an actual firefighter is hard on you, dont perceive it as being rude, just for the sake of being rude. Sometimes, the guys are actually trying to teach you. You implied that real ffs dont have any business being in the junior forums...what business do you have posting in the firefighter forums?
    Last edited by nyckftbl; 05-29-2007 at 11:21 PM.
    Proud East Coast Traditionalist.

MembersZone Subscriber

If I might offer a suggestion... follow your own advice and avoid posting in forums you're not wanted in. It's not the brightest thing to come into a topic and try to provoke a bunch of guys/gals with more time on the firehouse crapper than you do in the firehouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Catch22 View Post
    It's not the brightest thing to.....provoke a bunch of guys/gals with more time on the firehouse crapper than you do in the firehouse.
    That's my new favorite quote! Thanks

I wasnt the one that banned him

And then you wrote:
    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaExplorer
    Yes a complaint was filed against "fed-up" and im not sure if that is what got him banned or not.
    Kenny,

Get your story straight. Then go away and grow up.

Come back when you have matured a bit.
    Be safe y'all!
    IACOJ Animal Control
    Ladder 8
    "Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"

This was what got me started on this thread. That was his first "rude" post directly made to whitesox4life. I think he should have asked a few more questions than what he said. What he said was rude and should not have ever been posted. It could have been taken care of in a better manner. Regardless of what everyone else things the post below is the post that got removed by "webteam" after the "fight" had begun. If this site had more mods and admins then this would have been removed ASAP not a few days later...
    If you dont see that rude, im sorry but that was his first post to that kid in which he could have handled ed that in a better manner. Then go from there.

" Originally Posted by FyredUp:
    Two comments on this post.

1) IF I had been the Chief you would have lost that pager IMMEDIATELY.

2) I would have brought you up on charges for attempting to destroy FD property. Harsh? Perhaps. But do you honestly believe your behavior was proper?

Now for some advice.

1) GROW UP.

2) Learn to control your anger and if you can't go get some help. That behavior is neither appropriate OR appreciated in the fire department.

FyredUp"
    If this is the post that got Fyred banned....then WT is off their rocker. This is neither rude nor innapropriate. He told someone to grow up (after the child admitted to destroying dept property) and what he would have done had he handled the situation. If you think that is rude, you are not going to make it very far in the fire service. (I can dream)

These are the kind of topics that I wish could be locked and tossed. They are not productive and more or less only make matters worse.
    "...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
    For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
    Shall be my brother;..." - King Henry V - Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Catch22 View Post
    It's not the brightest thing to come into a topic and try to provoke a bunch of guys/gals with more time on the firehouse crapper than you do in the firehouse.
    "crispitycrunchitypeanutbutter y t0ast" - DFurtman

This was what got me started on this thread. That was his first "rude" post directly made to whitesox4life. I think he should have asked a few more questions than what he said. What he said was rude and should not have ever been posted. It could have been taken care of in a better manner. Regardless of what everyone else things the post below is the post that got removed by "webteam" after the "fight" had begun. If this site had more mods and admins then this would have been removed ASAP not a few days later...
    If you dont see that rude, im sorry but that was his first post to that kid in which he could have handled ed that in a better manner. Then go from there.

" Originally Posted by FyredUp:
    Two comments on this post.

1) IF I had been the Chief you would have lost that pager IMMEDIATELY.

2) I would have brought you up on charges for attempting to destroy FD property. Harsh? Perhaps. But do you honestly believe your behavior was proper?

Now for some advice.

1) GROW UP.

2) Learn to control your anger and if you can't go get some help. That behavior is neither appropriate OR appreciated in the fire department.

FyredUp"
    At what point is their a problem with this post from FyredUp????? I agree 100% with what he said.

At the point of this person doing that, I would've asked for his gear NO questions asked!

MembersZone Subscriber

There are quite a few crusties who have walked away (or been removed) from here and never looked back. I'm not there yet, but it seems inevitable.

Sometimes it is interesting to come here and see all the kids playing in the gym and having food fights in the cafeteria, raising hell around the guys who are trying to carry on intelligent conversations over the noise from smack-talking punks, trying to avoid stepping in the strewn litter. Sometimes they get dragged in despite their attempts to stay above it.

As a "crusty" member, I can assure you that we have no gym or cafeteria, just some nicely-appointed day lounges and classrooms. And reliable bouncers.

IACOJ..... we'll leave the light on for ya.
    Last edited by ElectricHoser; 05-29-2007 at 11:41 PM.
    You only have to be stupid once to be dead permanently
    IACOJ Power Company Liason
    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution
    and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy. - Dave Barry.

MembersZone Subscriber

Cool

When I said I was not the one who banned him, i ment I was not the one who clicked the lil button from the admin c-panel.
    I think the appropriate thing to do would be to withdraw your complaint.

...just a thought

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    Nice smile. Glad to see you take pleasure in it.
    Thats what I was thinking also!

MembersZone Subscriber

Cool

We have a second on the motion.

All in favor, say "Aye"!!!

All opposed, "Ney"!!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Alex1137 View Post
    That's my new favorite quote! Thanks
    At least you got something beneficial out of this topic.

I do to. but the way he handled him self was a bit too far. He could have said something a little bit nicer. I think everything i think is based off other forums I visit. Maybe this site has been ran over by most vollies that more than not have half the training of a real FF and they think they are know it all. At this point I can care less if you report me, remove me, ban me, and post tons of topics about me. ONLY if there was proper moding, like there is on my other forum sites, then maybe these would not happen. I started out by posting my opinion to someones post. It went from there and here we are tonight. Tooooo bad. Im tired of this bull ****. However I will continue to post anyway just to kill some time
    Boo fricken hoo....

Children...sheesh!
    Be safe y'all!
    IACOJ Animal Control
    Ladder 8
    "Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"

MembersZone Subscriber

Cool

CATCH22.........

I like it too!!!

Forum Member

aye get him out and don't let him on iacoj.

hey alabama explorer you friend with landenjensen or alex yates??
    Originally Posted by the1141man
    IACOJ is what Firehouse should have been to begin with, and what it now couldn't even aspire to in its wildest dreams.- the1141man

the opinions typed in the above space are mine and mine alone

I do to. but the way he handled him self was a bit too far. He could have said something a little bit nicer. I think everything i think is based off other forums I visit. Maybe this site has been ran over by most vollies that more than not have half the training of a real FF and they think they are know it all. At this point I can care less if you report me, remove me, ban me, and post tons of topics about me. ONLY if there was proper moding, like there is on my other forum sites, then maybe these would not happen. I started out by posting my opinion to someones post. It went from there and here we are tonight. Tooooo bad. Im tired of this bull ****. However I will continue to post anyway just to kill some time
    And the child finally comes out........

Can everyone just please report this child so he can finally be gone (if the WT actually does ban him. They didnt take much time to ban Fyred, Im sure it shouldnt take long for this troll either )
    Last edited by nyckftbl; 05-29-2007 at 11:45 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Maybe this site has been ran over by most vollies that more than not have half the training of a real FF and they think they are know it all.
    I can't wait to see where this stroke of genius takes this topic....

Thread Information