Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Crimson Quality

Default Crimson Quality

What are some Pros and Cons for Trucks Built by Crimson-Fire?

What type of truck are you looking for?

Forum Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Bernards77 View Post
    The most important thing about Crimson Fire is that they are owned by a very good company " SPARTAN CHASSIS INC. " which builds a great chassis cab for many years!...

Crimson makes a good truck. We have 3 of them and no problems. Run great. Dallas and Arlington TX use them exclusively also Chicago. So they must be doing something good. I believe Seattle just bought a few ladders along with Tulsa OK.
    Chris
    FF/Lic-Paramedic
    Galveston FD "The Big House"
    IAFF Local 571
    www.galvestonfiredept.org

Permanently Removed

Default organized

I think a major “pro” would be what “NewJerseyFFII” said above. I have been to a lot of MFG facilities & I’m not the end all be all expert; but I have been to Crimson & they are well organized with state of the art facilities & attention to detail. That can only benefit you no matter what you get from them, TL

Forum Member

Thumbs up Quality And Engineering

Our Department Is Now Looking Into A New Pumper, We Saw A Aerial From Crimson Some Months Back, But Recently They Had A New Truck Going To Exiter Mass Or New Hampshire, Crimson Took What Space Was Available On The Truck And Helped The Department Use It To Its Maximum Usage, Spartan Engineering Is What They Have For Assistance, They Are Not Afraid It Seems To Do Almost Anything That Is Engineerable.now Thats What A Custom Pumper Is.they Seem To Build What You Want, Not What A Dealer Wants You To Think You Want.

MembersZone Subscriber

HoLy CaPiToL lEtTeRs

Tulsa Fire received 20 or so new Crimson engines over the last few months. Our engine is a Crimson and we have had only some minor problems and last year we ran 3,400 and some change on the engine; so it gets used and abused.
    Shawn Clark
    Firefighter/Paramedic
    Tulsa Fire Dept. E-23 "C Platoon"
    I.A.F.F. Local 176
    Tulsa, OK

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by OSUfirepro View Post
    Tulsa Fire received 20 or so new Crimson engines over the last few months. Our engine is a Crimson and we have had only some minor problems and last year we ran 3,400 and some change on the engine; so it gets used and abused.
    we are getting a new crimson 100' platform in sidney nebraska we believe its the best on the hill today and we looked at smeal,american lafrance and pierce we have a pierce custom pumper in the hall but crimsom had the best platform out there

Lightbulb Crimson/Quality information:

Quote Originally Posted by Bernards77 View Post
    Dallas and Arlington, TEXAS...have been running Quality/Crimson for quite a few years now...with hundreds of appliances in service. You may want to contact Dallas Fire Maintenance [on Dolphin Rd.], or Arlington Fire Maintenance [on W. Main] for the "straight-scoop" from the guys who maintain the rigs. Here is where the rubber meets the road...not from the salesman's power-point presentation or the committee who "wants" to buy a rig. If you are fortunate enough to speak with someone who will be frank and honest...there is a wealth of information to be had...both good and bad.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TFMBob View Post
    Dallas and Arlington, TEXAS...have been running Quality/Crimson for quite a few years now...with hundreds of appliances in service. You may want to contact Dallas Fire Maintenance [on Dolphin Rd.], or Arlington Fire Maintenance [on W. Main] for the "straight-scoop" from the guys who maintain the rigs. Here is where the rubber meets the road...not from the salesman's power-point presentation or the committee who "wants" to buy a rig. If you are fortunate enough to speak with someone who will be frank and honest...there is a wealth of information to be had...both good and bad.
    yes i also call dallas about crimson and talked to maint about there trucks and im glad i did they our going all crimson i also call the chief of spirit lake Ia. and it was all good there to. im head of maint. at my dept. on im sure all the companys make good trucks.but my dept. believes crimson will build us a great truck

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by firecaptleal View Post
    yes i also call dallas about crimson and talked to maint about there trucks and im glad i did they our going all crimson i also call the chief of spirit lake Ia. and it was all good there to. im head of maint. at my dept. on im sure all the companys make good trucks.but my dept. believes crimson will build us a great truck
    Can you please use spell check and have someone proof read for proper grammar?

Forum Member

Amen, Brother!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FD1976 View Post
    Can you please use spell check and have someone proof read for proper grammar?
    ill do you one better no more how a about that OH THE JOY

Thread Information