Forum Member

Question Rescue/utility/Air Truck

Our department is down sizing our rescue from a 15 foot box to a 12 foot box,we still need a cascade system 4 -6000 psi DOT bottles, dual fill sation and a large air pump compressor system. The question is, does anyone have one on a F-550 or C5500 with a PTO generator, and what size PTO are you able to use with the chassis. We have a 3000 watt light tower also. We are planning on going to bid late summer, just want to see what aother departments have out there.
    Last edited by DRAFTMASTER30; 06-02-2007 at 09:58 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Draftmaster,
    Shoot me an email. I have something that may interest you. Ill go out and get pictures of it for you. Just give me a few days.

tvfdt141@comcast.net

MembersZone Subscriber

If your looking for a generator on a Ford, I would look into Real Power. From the research I've done, it looks like they'll work on the new emission Fords. It's a 12K generator so it should be able to deliver plenty of power.

The website is www.realacpower.com. It is available from select Ford dealers as an aftermarket accessory. There is a picture on the website of the window sticker from Ford showing it priced at 5500.00. To me, that seems like a good deal compared to any kind of a hydraulic generator.

I'm not sure how well they work, I just discovered this site a couple of weeks ago.

As another option, I do beleive Raven is making a 5K model that will fit on the new emission Fords as long as you can live with removing one of the batteries.

Forum Member

Talking

That is correct, Raven does have the installation for both the F=550 & C5500 chassis. I ran into Chris the other night down at the block & tackle. and we were discussing using one on our new brush truck.
    He said Duncan had finished the designs for both chassis, and they were ready for delivery to truck builders. If 5kw will supply enough power for your needs this avoids having the pto tied up to produce electricity. You can find them at

www.raventechpower.com

MembersZone Subscriber

I'll vouch for the Raven stuff. We have one on the W/UI rig in the photo to the left, and it works fantastic for our needs. No problems with the unit - they did encounter some installation issues at the plant, but Raven flew a tech to our local dealer and had everything fixed before we took delivery.

We have two lighter F-550s with similar underhood setups. One is an Auragen, the other some other brand. Both have been nightmares.
    "Share your knowledge - it's a way to achieve immortality." - Stolen from Chase Sargent's Buddy to Boss program

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Utility/Air/Light Truck

Go to www.svitrucks.com website and you'll see their demo on a Ford F550 2 Door Cab (Can be on a 4 Door) with a Bauer Compressor, Fill Station and Light Tower. BUT your not going to be able to power an onboard compressor with the Raven or Hydraulic Generator due to the HP requirement of the Air Compressor.

MembersZone Subscriber

Did you try Hackney?? They build an excellent air/light unit - www.rescueleader.com

Thread Information