Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default Mandatory Physical Fitness Standards

I am looking for any departments that currently have a yearly mandatory physical fitness standard and test such as that used by the United States Armed Services. My department currently has a yearly physical assessment test and a physical every 2 years, but no mandatory standard. We are also required to excercise 1 hour per shift, but that is not always followed. I am looking to improve morale and firefighter safety by incorporating fitness and a healthy lifestyle into the firehouse. Anyone with information about your own department, or one that you know of using mandatory standards please let me know. Thanks.

Phil Marchand
    Sioux City Fire Rescue
    IAFF L7

Default workout

In my department it is mandatory that everybody including the chief works out for one hour every shift we have check off sheets that we have to sign that we have completed are workout also it is mandatory that we do are physical fitness test every six months last but not least every month everybody gets weighed and body fat percentage measured if you are over on either you get placed on a program if you donít show any improvement within one month they write you up three of those and you are out the door. To make it happen you have to get all the paper work in place to back you and go form there.

Default Department Size

I response, do you mind telling me department size and and geographical location? Want to see how it compares to mine. And also is this program well recieved, and how many people have been let go in the past?

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Fitness Standards

I'm also intersted in gaining some information on Dept. fitness standards and if it is punative or nonpunative. Was the Union supportive of Physical Fitness?

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Wellness

Check with the IAFF. They have the Peer Fitness program. Mandatory and non-punative. Our local just incorperated the program by collective bargaining. We are a 101 man local with City population of 130,000 around 10,000 runs a year with 5 stations and three shifts.

Thread Information