Default joining 2 stations

I joined my station and the didnt have a jr program really so they started this regional cadet thing that involves 2 stations. the second station is kinda farther away but i have to be there till the station by my house gets a program so by joining that station i am a member of 24, and 23...........(24 is the one by my house(23 is the one farther away)..... 23 is a volly station and they dont really hang around th station much.........i was considering joining another station that is a lil closer than 23, and that is station 25..... because they are always at the station and they have a small jr program and i think i could benifit from them.........Do you think i would be getting in over my head all politics aside?

Forum Member

are they all run by the same dept? because if they are, (sounds like there not though), so why don't you just go and "hang-out" at the station near your house. If you don't like it there, then go to 25. It's always a good thing to learn from people with experience, and people who are there to teach you.

Forum Member

I dont see a problem with joining two stations. A lot of our members are with two stations and even one of our juniors.

thanks alot guys i appricate the advice!

Forum Member

I guess the situation I was in was similar to yours. I live at the northeastern most part of the town. Station 42 (my station) is about 3/4 of a mile away. Station 43 (the station with the explorer post) is about 1 1/4 miles away from my house. So it was impossible for me to make calls from my house, as there is the major highway and the train tracks between the two firehouses. So going to Ocean is a lot easier for me, but they didn't have a post. But since it was the same town, I was in the explorer post at 43, but rode out of 42. Then I turned 16 and joined Ocean as a member. But I'm still technically an explorer, so I help out with all the explorer events, fund raisers and trainings.

Thread Information