Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Forum Member

Default Info on the PT Test

Can anyone give me the info on the PT test? I've seen one post saying "as many sit ups and pushups in 2 mins then do a 25 yard dash". Since I haven't got a reply from that thread just thought I would ask again.
    I just did my Combat Test Task (CTT) in April. Really don't see what situps and pushups accomplish. I thought you would do the 7 flights of stairs, raise the hose roll, hit the sled, and drag the heavy manikin 80ft. In lss than 7 minutes! Something in relation to the job at hand. Leaving for Houston Sept 10th. Just trying to get the most "accurate" information as possible. But I've been in the game a long time and I guess what happens....happens. If anyone can get with me on anything it sure would be appreciated. E-mail me at Firerider69er@yahoo.com Thanks! Jim D., Kennedy Space Center Fire/Rescue

MembersZone Subscriber

Yeah that's what you would expect for a firefighter position but no that's the honest truth about the PT test. Push ups, sit ups, and the 25 yd dash or whatever the distance is for that. It's unreal but whatever!!

MembersZone Subscriber

that is all that the test is. 2 min to max your situps. 2 min to max your pushups, and thena 25yd shuttle run. that's it, nothing more to it.

Forum Member

Alright!!!! 5 situps and 5 push ups and your done!!!! Outstanding!!! LOL Why kill yourself if theres no set amount to accomplish? Never heard of this type of PT test. I guess they want to see that if you fall down you can get yourself up!! But whatever they want.

MembersZone Subscriber

HAHA yeah it really surprised me too but 5 pushups and 5 sit ups sounds good!! haha

Forum Member

Default Which Company

Hey fellas, I was just curious which company yall were talking about. I am waiting to hear back from Wackenhut I sent my app in last week. Any info would be great.

~Heath

MembersZone Subscriber

I know for at least WSI but I think it's for KBR as well. good luck with your app!! You will be hearing from them very soon if you have all the required certs and experience

Forum Member

I turned in everything that Kris asked for plus some. I sent my FF1&2 and HAZMAT Awareness nd Ops with IFSAC Seals, I also sent my State Cert and A&M Cert so I should be good. So WSI and Wackenhut are the same company right? Well it dosent matter anymore my stuff is in!!! I cant wait it going to be a great experience. I have a buddy coming back right now from his first year, he was at Camp Bukka, where the prison is. He is planning on going back.

MembersZone Subscriber

alright the next step is your phone interview and then more paperwork to fill out. Do you have ARFF? Yes WSI stands for Wackenhut Services Inc. It's good over there but just be prepared. Most people aren't able to deal with it over there because it changes so much so be prepared for anything. The are a quite a few prisons and detention centers. I believe almost every base has one. How much experience do you have?

Forum Member

Well I dont have a cert for ARFF but when i was attending Fire Academy at Texas A&M we worked ont eh ARFF project a couple times. Ya I Spoke with my buddy quite a bit while he was over there and im as prepared as I can be, but im willing to adjust to anything that gets thrown at me. Well I have been A full time firefighter for 5 years now, and I have been certified for 6, then had a couple years of volunteer service. What will that mean to them?

MembersZone Subscriber

well they are going to ask how many structure fires you have been in and stuff like that. You have the minimum requirements so you are good but they are going to be limited as to what you can do until you get ARFF. Pretty much you will be on an engine or tanker or mini pumper. email me for any questions about the job and firefighting over there on my email below

MembersZone Subscriber

since you guys were talking about it, where does WSI do ARFF? i didn't thing they did that.
    Matt
    IACOJ
    The opinions stated here are my own and not that of any of my employers.

MembersZone Subscriber

they teach it at Camp Taji.

MembersZone Subscriber

WSI does ARFF throughout Iraq

Forum Member

Hey guys, just sent my resume in to WSI, waiting on my application packet. Kris told me that all my certs are good (IFSAC). I'm not certified in ARFF but I have taken the course several times. Maybe I am certified in it? I don't know. I was wanting some information on the physical agility. I'm kind of a bigger guy, but I can hold my own. Basically the only thing I will have a problem with is the push-ups. I can do them, they are just not very good. Spoke with Kris and he said that I will have to do pushups for 2 minutes, situps for 2 minutes, 50 foot fireman carry, and 25 foot sprint 4 times. That doesn't sound that hard. I figured it would be the CPAT test.

Also, for my physical, can I go to my doctor or do I do that in Houston? Plus, any other information would be handy. Thanks guys.

Randy Walling
    Morehead, KY Fire Department

Forum Member

Its nice that they will train you over there. But it is nice to have the ARFF, it seems to be the hardest to attain for those who have never had military firefighting experience. Like anything in the fire service be patient and keep your ears open, especially for ARFF training. Many more things can GO WRONG than you think if you don't listen to folks who have been doing ARFF for some time. But you'll get the hang of it. I've been doing this for 25 years and learn something new everyday. Somebody has always got a better way of doing things that you may not be aware of, sometimes they don't. Alot of diversity of firefighters in Iraq!!! Jim D. Kennedy Space Center Fire/Rescue

MembersZone Subscriber

Yeah I am so glad I have my ARFF, D/O ARFF, and ARFF experience. so it should be fun over there for me. all I will have to do is an apparatus familiarization which I already know how to operate the T-3000s and mini pumpers along with the other apparatus they have there so I'm good to go. hopefully I can get started with my schooling over there ASAP

Forum Member

hey guys. im looking to go over there in the somewhat near future. right now i need to get my certs(im going through bucks county community college). the only thing i will not have is the ARFF. can anyone hit me up with information about ARFF certs? as a basic firefighter what would i be doing while over in the sand box? from what i read ARFF is the most used. im just searching for info. thanks guys. be safe and i hope to see some of you there soon.
    No person can be a great leader unless he takes genuine joy in the successes of those under him.
    ~W. A. Nance~

It's kind of fun to do the impossible.
    ~Walt Disney~

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream.
    ~Mark Twain~

Do just once what others say you can't do, and you will never pay attention to their limitations again.
    ~James R. Cook~

Life don't suck. Life is what you make of it.
    ~FIREFLY~

MembersZone Subscriber

email me firefly and I'll answer any questions you have

Thread Information