Some Guy

Default Must be nice to be a Hilton

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/0...ton/index.html

Just loves this. What a joke. What happens next time when she kills someone? opps?
    This space for rent

Forum Member

Is it just me, or it does the system seem to favor those with money. If this was some poor kid from a poor family, you could bet your a## he would have done the whole sentence, which probably would have been longer in the first place because he couldn't afford a high priced lawyer. What a joke!! I'm sure she would have eaten eventually.

MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Ya, I just read that on the NBC 4 news as well. What a waste of money, time and effort.
    =====

WHAT A FREAK SHOW!

Paris Hilton Out Of Jail Already. Heiress Will Be Confined To Her Home

POSTED: 9:08 am EDT June 7, 2007
    UPDATED: 10:52 am EDT June 7, 2007

Paris Hilton has been transferred from a Los Angeles County jail after only serving three days of her more than three-week sentence for violating probation in an alcohol-related reckless driving case.

LA County sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore said officials decided to allow the 26-year-old hotel heiress to resume her sentence under house arrest after consultation with medical personnel.

He said she's been fitted with an ankle bracelet and will be confined to her home for 40 days.

She'd checked into the jail Sunday night just after 11:30 p.m. and was expected to serve 23 days for violating probation in an alcohol-related reckless driving case. Instead, she was sent home early Thursday.

TMZ.com reported earlier in the day that Hilton was released Thursday morning after a deal was made Wednesday.

The Web site said, "Unimpeachable sources tell TMZ the deal was sealed yesterday, and that Hilton made her exit early early this morning."

The Los Angeles County Sheriffs Department called a hastily scheduled news conference early Thursday morning outside the Century Regional Detention Facility to answer reporters' questions about the famous inmate.

No Cavity Search?

Even without Rosie O'Donnell, the women of "The View" still got into a debate over a report that Hilton was spared a cavity search when she went to jail.

Barbara Walters said skipping the search was a good idea because it would have caused too much publicity. But guest co-host Sherri Shepherd complained that she had to be searched when she was jailed for not paying parking tickets, not only a cavity search, but under her breasts as well.

Joy Behar joked that the cavity search was "the only part" Hilton "was looking forward to."

Walters pointed out that during the Russian revolution, women hid their diamonds inside their bodies, which prompted Elisabeth Hasselbeck to say, "We are actually all hiding things today!"

Meanwhile, Hilton learned a lot while in prison, like how to make a collect call.

A lawyer who represents two clients in the same ward where Hilton is being held said she "needed help" from a sergeant to make a collect call to her family.

TMZ.com said Hilton was crying and couldn't sleep or eat. It said Hilton complained that her cell is "freezing cold." Hilton did have two visitors on her second day in jail -- her psychiatrist and her lawyer.

Her lawyer said she was doing well.

Richard Hutton reporters that Hilton used "this time to reflect on her life, to see what she can do to make the world better."

The 26-year-old hotel heiress checked into the suburban Los Angeles jail late Sunday to serve 23 days for violating probation in an alcohol-related reckless driving case.

The "Simple Life" star was in the "special needs" unit of the jail, separated from most of its 2,200 inmates.

Hutton was critical of Hilton's isolation, saying, "She is really being punished because of her celebrity."

Hutton said despite believing she received an unfair punishment, Hilton is taking responsibility by serving her time.
    {WHATEVER!}

Distributed by Internet Broadcasting Systems, Inc. The Associated Press contributed to this report.
    Last edited by MalahatTwo7; 06-07-2007 at 11:24 AM.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

Badgerland FOOL

Default Wtf

That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard...I'm sure she'll learn her lesson hanging out in her zillion dollar mansion!!!!! That'll learn her! = (

Forum Member

What a load of BS.

If I was that Judge who supposedly said at her sentencing that she would not be allowed any special treatment or home confinement, I would find a way to file charges against the LASD, Prison Warden, the State Attorney General, the Governor, and anyone else who should have done something to prevent this.

Like has been said before, just because she has $1232432432757894325042398758974327598324759032475 34890275098347 dollars, should not mean that she gets out of jail.

If I had a say in the situation, let her starve herself, the human body can last for a long time without food. The average number is 60 days give or take. So when she collapses giver her an IV and treat her there, she would not be going home.
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

MembersZone Subscriber

While I hate to hear the race card get thrown in, how long before the liberal left gets involved stating its all because she was white? And if it was a minority female, she'd still be serving time?
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

IACOJ

"Criticism is prejudice made plausible."
    - H. L. Mencken (1880-1956)

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by RFRDxplorer View Post
    What a load of BS.

If I was that Judge who supposedly said at her sentencing that she would not be allowed any special treatment or home confinement, I would find a way to file charges against the LASD, Prison Warden, the State Attorney General, the Governor, and anyone else who should have done something to prevent this.

Like has been said before, just because she has $1232432432757894325042398758974327598324759032475 34890275098347 dollars, should not mean that she gets out of jail.

If I had a say in the situation, let her starve herself, the human body can last for a long time without food. The average number is 60 days give or take. So when she collapses giver her an IV and treat her there, she would not be going home.
    I'll guarantee that the judge was aware of this and consented to it. The jail cannot release a prisoner on their own.

EDIT: According to the news this morning, I am wrong. Apparently in CA, the Sheriff has some discretion to release an inmate in this situation. The City Prosecutor and the Judge are apparently ticked off to the point where they may try to hold him in Contempt. Let's see what happens.
    Last edited by GeorgeWendtCFI; 06-08-2007 at 06:21 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by WaterbryVTfire View Post
    While I hate to hear the race card get thrown in, how long before the liberal left gets involved stating its all because she was white? And if it was a minority female, she'd still be serving time?
    While the race card is attractive and easy to throw around, this has nothing to do with race. It has everything to do with celebrity and money. Everything.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
    While the race card is attractive and easy to throw around, this has nothing to do with race. It has everything to do with celebrity and money. Everything.
    I should have eleborated more, money and color does much more than one or the other.
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

IACOJ

"Criticism is prejudice made plausible."
    - H. L. Mencken (1880-1956)

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
    I'll guarantee that the judge was aware of this and consented to it. The jail cannot release a prisoner on their own.
    Then bring his *** up on charges!!!!!
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

Badgerland FOOL

That or make him watch the Simple Life and he'll realize his error and that she has no place amongst the decent, God fearing, law abiding citizens of California and the US of A.

MembersZone Subscriber

Please stop and think before you make such an idiotic post. Charge him with what? He broke no law. From a judicial standpoint, someone brought an issue to his bench. He considered the facts. The other side had their say. He made a decision that was, although unpopular, most certainly within the confines of the law.

That's what judges do. They rule on matters of law. If the State of California didn't like it, they can appeal. That's what Appellate courts do. Pay attention in Civics Class next time.

EDIT: Apparently the judge has taken exception to the release of the inmate. There is a court hearing this morning. Let's see what happens.
    Last edited by GeorgeWendtCFI; 06-08-2007 at 06:24 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by mvfd27 View Post
    That or make him watch the Simple Life and he'll realize his error and that she has no place amongst the decent, God fearing, law abiding citizens of California and the US of A.
    So because you don't like the way she acts, she should be put in jail? So everyone that acts in a manner that someone else doesn't like should be put in jail? OK.

I don't like the way you are posting. The cops will be there in a minute.

Forum Member

George, you have to stop letting facts and law get in the way of people's feelings.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Forum Member

Race isn't an issue. It's always been about money. When was the last time a wealthy African American did jail time? And conversely when was the last time a poor white meth head went free?

There has been two systems of justice. One set for the poor, and no rules for the wealthy.

Who here remembers the Patty Hearst trial? They had her on video robbing a bank. She got probation.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Race isn't an issue. It's always been about money. When was the last time a wealthy African American did jail time? And conversely when was the last time a poor white meth head went free?

There has been two systems of justice. One set for the poor, and no rules for the wealthy.

Who here remembers the Patty Hearst trial? They had her on video robbing a bank. She got probation.
    You are absolutely correct.

Two letters for you O.J

Forum Member

someone slept with a judge and a few guards.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by callaway75 View Post
    You are absolutely correct.

Two letters for you O.J
    Hey, there's an idea: how about have her do her 40 hours of house arrest over at O.J.'s place??

Forum Member
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

Frankly, if you live in the United States of America and are of adult age and you haven't figured out that this country runs on the Golden Rule, "He who has the gold, makes the rules" I suggest you pull your head out of your ***.

This type of special treatment for those of wealth is nothing new and goes back to the beginning of this country.

FyredUp

Forum Member

Fyred, I would dare say that was standard procedure long before the establishment of this country....

MembersZone Subscriber

Sure it does. It happens in every size of town or city across the U.S. If you have the right name, which usually means you have the money, you can skate around the law a hell of a lot more than some schmuck that is barely making a living.

I agree with what you say FyredUp.
    IACOJ - Senior Jake

Forum Member
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

Quote Originally Posted by KnightnPBIArmor View Post
    Fyred, I would dare say that was standard procedure long before the establishment of this country....
    No doubt, but I did have a qualifier in my post saying if you live in the United States of America.

FyredUp

Forum Member

Hutton was critical of Hilton's isolation, saying, "She is really being punished because of her celebrity."

They have a special ward for cops and celebraties in that jail. So the celebs don't have to mingle with the real people. If she was so isolated there, throw her *** in with the rest of them.

Forum Member

Not only that, but I always thought they had medical detention wards also....undisclosed medical condition indeed

MembersZone Subscriber

Who knew Paris and Ghandi were such kindred souls.
    Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

Thread Information