Forum Member

Default Even more Mutts- Plaugher & Crotty

Orange County Fire Rescue Chief Carl Plaugher and Orange County Mayor Rich Crotty. Maybe not as bad as East Cleveland, but these guys hate their firefighters! We are grossly underpaid and have not received a contract in quite awhile. Orange County Florida has PLENTY of money and we had a Special Master rule in FAVOR of the firefighters(Local 2057)stating that the County needed to sit down and negotiate a contract that would bring us into the 21st century AND give us a step plan... County refused and now they are crying broke because of this tax reform b.s. I really hate politicians.

MembersZone Subscriber

What a shame. Anyplace we can read about this?

Banned

How underpaid are you? Please, provide facts.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by HotTrotter View Post
    How underpaid are you? Please, provide facts.
    Facts on the Trojan Trotter level:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Co 11
    Virginia Beach FD

Amateurs practice until they get it right; professionals practice until they cannot get it wrong. Which one are you?

'The fire went out and nobody got hurt' is a poor excuse for a fireground critique.

makes good girls go bad

Not to mention the fact you stand to lose up to 33 MILLION dollars of your budget, if the tax "reform" goes through.
    I was fixin to apply to work with yall, but with the hiring freezes and all, it is anyones guess when yall will hire again.......

Best of Luck to you, from the Space Coast
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
    This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

Forum Member

Are we talking Orange Co, FL or Orange Co, CA?

Forum Member

Orange County Florida

Reading comprehension is a lost science.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bones42 View Post
    Reading comprehension is a lost science.

Got ya. I didn't see the "Florida" part in the post when I read it. Thanks for pointing it out for me.

AZFF

Forum Member

Default Friends in high places

Quote Originally Posted by gigafire View Post
    Orange County Fire Rescue Chief Carl Plaugher and Orange County Mayor Rich Crotty. Maybe not as bad as East Cleveland, but these guys hate their firefighters! We are grossly underpaid and have not received a contract in quite awhile. Orange County Florida has PLENTY of money and we had a Special Master rule in FAVOR of the firefighters(Local 2057)stating that the County needed to sit down and negotiate a contract that would bring us into the 21st century AND give us a step plan... County refused and now they are crying broke because of this tax reform b.s. I really hate politicians.
    From Crotty's bio. On January 23, 2001, Florida Governor Jeb Bush appointed Mr. Crotty as Orange County Chairman shortly after President George W. Bush appointed then Chairman Mel Martinez to serve as Secretary of Housing & Urban Development (HUD). Chairman Crotty was elected to a full term in September of 2002 with 73% of the vote. In 2004, Orange County citizens voted overwhelmingly to change the county leaderís title from Chairman to Mayor to better reflect his function as chief executive.
    Appointed by the gov. & reelected with 73% of the vote. You have a problem
    Your in a right-to-work state.You have a problem. Workers in right-to-work states earned an average of 6.5% less than their counterparts in states without the law. Good luck

Forum Member

put it this way, there are probies at other FDs making more than our 5 yr FFs. We have no step plan and no new contract in sight. Yet the County always buys us new equipment. Hell they just put in video cameras in all of our units stationed at Battalion stations with the idea of putting them in all Engines, Trucks, Squads, and Rescues real soon so that Big Brother can watch us all of the time! I heard a brother is already in hot water for being caught on camera drinking a damn can of soda!! I have been on 6 years and my pay rate is 14.78 per hour!!

MembersZone Subscriber

put it this way, there are probies at other FDs making more than our 5 yr FFs. We have no step plan and no new contract in sight

Welcome to my life. We got probies making just as much on our department as 3 and 4 year guys. Its what happens when people complain about pay. Crap happens. I feel your pain but you want a solution, complaining on here isnt going to do you a bit of good.

FF-EMT

Question

Quote Originally Posted by gigafire View Post
    . . . I heard a brother is already in hot water for being caught on camera drinking a damn can of soda!! I have been on 6 years and my pay rate is 14.78 per hour!!. . .
    14.78 for six years is disgusting, but what do you expect with a Bush appointee running things. I get not much less than that working as an emt in and have been there three years, I might equal you at six with alot easier job! BTW, how is he in trouble for drinking a soda??
    Last edited by Mzanghetti; 06-09-2007 at 06:55 PM.
    Mark Zanghetti
    FF-EMT
    Goshen Fire Dept.
    Waterford, CT

Thread Information