Forum Member

Post Air Force Firefighter/ Talking to Recruiter

Hey yall, i am twenty years old and am thinking about joining the Air Force as a Firefigher. I have been looking over the different forums and see that it can be pretty tough to get this job. If anyone has information on what exactly i have to do to ensure i get this job when i go in to talk to the recruiter i would really appreciate it. Also what certification you get while in the military transfer over to the civilian side, i currently live in Texas now. Thanks.

MembersZone Subscriber

when I went to the AF recuiter I told her you get me firefighter or I don't sign and she called me two days later with the position. Make sure if you do sign any paperwork it says firefighter or firefighter apprentice. when you get out everything transfers over. DoD firefighting certs are accepted or are able to transfer over to most states with little or no hassle. Florida is one of the states that won't accept them and you have to do a buttload of paperwork to get them transfered over its almost not worth it to have them transfered over in that state. any other questions email me at airforcefirefighter23@hotmail.com

Forum Member

Default Hey

Just make sure you put down firefighter as your job and make sure to wait it out as long as you need to to get it. DO NOT JOIN AS OPEN GENERAL.

You'll get Firefighter 1 and 2, Airport Firefighter, First Responder/CPR and Hazmat Ops 2.

You will get the driver operators as upgrade training, and the rest of the certs are up to you; how far are you gonna take it. Good Luck.

Thread Information