Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default unemployment question

Back in the beginning of February i was collecting umemployment then worked for a few various temporary job agencies..which i only collected like 3 unemployment checks before i became employed with the temporary agencies and now im back at nothing with working. Does anyone know if I can go back and continue drawing umemployment from the job I collected it from back in February or am I screwed? jobs are hard to find these days by the way im in Ohio.
    Ryan

I.A.C.O.J. Probie

You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Lets not forget those lost on 9-11-01

MembersZone Subscriber

I would think a phone call to the un-employment agency is in order. It would be quicker and easier to find out.

T.J.

MembersZone Subscriber

i'm pretty sure you can still collect, but you need to contact un-employment to reopen your claim

look for jobs out of your area. If you truly want to work and earn a living you may have to relocate in order to do so. Sometimes you have to go where the work is, it certainly won't come and jump up in your lap. I find it hard to believe that there's no work, perhaps it's that there's no work that you want to do?

I have a son near your age, I've worked with kids near your age and one thing that I've noticed is a complete lack of work ethic and a desire to earn a top wage without the blood, sweat and tears that comes with it. Kids today have grown up to become individuals who demand instant gratification for everything, they don't want to work and they don't appreciate the pride that comes from having to work your way up. It doesn't seem to matter how they were raised either.

I have read your other thread also and I have arrived at the conclusion that you seem to be banking on unemployment. GET A J-O-B!!!! You are young and able, get off your duff and go earn your way. Why should the taxpayers support you? Instead of spending your time whining here, start making a plan and stick to it, apply for a minimum of 5 jobs per day, pound the pavement, call in favors, use the word of mouth to get it out there that you are looking for a job. Remember not all jobs are advertised. Put your resume in at places that interest you even if they aren't advertising. Most of all, given your current situation take ANYTHING that comes your way, get yourself back on your feet and then you can look for something else (whle you are still working) and be picky as to what you accept.

One last thing, you say that you took carpentry in school yet can't find a job in that field. I find that hard to believe, unless the States are in a position much different than what's going on up here. There is a labor shortage due to all the work/lack of workers, a housing/building boom, etc; they cant' find enough skilled workers. You have a marketable skill .............. YOU ....... use it.
    To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.

IACOJ-WOT proud

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!

fireusafpro
    Firehouse.com Guest

Quote Originally Posted by backdraft663 View Post
    Back in the beginning of February i was collecting umemployment then worked for a few various temporary job agencies..which i only collected like 3 unemployment checks before i became employed with the temporary agencies and now im back at nothing with working. Does anyone know if I can go back and continue drawing umemployment from the job I collected it from back in February or am I screwed? jobs are hard to find these days by the way im in Ohio.
    My goodness...this guy has Democrat written all over him...LOL

fireusafpro
    Firehouse.com Guest

Join the Military. Dont be a welfare like unemployment type. Just do something to earn money..Wal Mart is WAY better than unemployment.

MembersZone Subscriber

With unemployment at less than 5%, if you really want to work, jobs are certainly not hard to find. I don't care where you're from.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by backdraft663 View Post
    And you come in here and ask a question like that? My friend what ever answer you get may or may not be correct. Go to the local employment agency, I am thinking that you are in Kentucky, and if where ever you reside there has to be a state agency that regulates this. Call, walk, or drive what ever you have to do, but contact them and ask them the question.

I am not going to tell you Yes you can or No you canít, as I donít live where you do and know nothing about your states rules and regulations on collecting money due to being unemployed!!!
    OUTSTANDING

Make It Happen

Never forget 9-11-2001
    343 Brothers Who Were MURDERED!!

Quote Originally Posted by fireusafpro View Post
    Join the Military. Dont be a welfare like unemployment type. Just do something to earn money..Wal Mart is WAY better than unemployment.
    Depends on what he is using unemployment for. In my income bracket, I am not going to go work at WalMart until the crap really hits the fan. Should I find myself unemployed, I will use the unemployment benefits(which is about 20% of my salary due to caps) so that I don't have to drain my savings too quickly to cover the mortgage while I search for a new position. That is what it is there for and why it is limited to six months or less in most places. Unemployment is NOT welfare, it is money that your prior employment has contributed to. Unemployment is just a safety net to allow you to concentrate on getting employed in your field at your previous level or better.

Now our backdraft child needs to get on his state's employment agency's website and learn about the benefits in HIS state, they should have informed him of how the system works before he even started collecting in the first place.
    Be for Peace, but don't be for the Enemy!
    -Big Russ

Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

Red face

I guess that I must be lucky, as I have never drawn a dime of unemployment comp. I have always had a job of some sort. May not have paid a lot but it paid something.

Thread Information