Forum Member

Default Medical question

If an applicant had a birth complication that did not effect his heart, brain or muscular/skeletal system and had surgery as an infant, would this effect a medical exam? How about a hairline fracture that resulted in a cast as a teen? How can the DR's office find this info, if the insurance info was in the parents names at the time?

Forum Member

sorry to hijack your thread, Harrison, but I also have a question about the medical stage of the process: I sustained a few mild concussions in high school playing football and as a result have visited the hospital for an MRI for one, and have seen a neurologist and neuropsychologist for another. The X-rays were always fine, never any internal bleeding or anything serious, but I did complain about mild headaches for awhile. I was never officially diagnosed with anything bad ever and feel better than ever now, just wondering if this is something that I should anticipate should set me back at all. Thanks.

MembersZone Subscriber

The same advice applies for both of you. Not declaring ANYTHING diring the hiring process is dishonest and grounds for immediate dismissal from the hiring process.
    Neither of your issues appear to be very significant.

Good luck,
    Paul Lepore
    Battalion Chief
    www.aspiringfirefighters.com

Thread Information