+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... Last
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default Rescue Me - Season 4 Official Thread

Figured that there should be a new one stickied since Season 4 started.

I wasn't too happy with today's show. It was a bit confusing. There's a 9-month space between the last episode of Season 3 and the first of Season 4. There's so many unanswered questions as well. Then Sheila shows up in the last 30 seconds. I don't even know what's going on. haha

Forum Member

Join the club. Was that woman at the end who said something like 'Your costing us $2 million." Sheila? I didn't even recognize her.

Who is this woman that is bullying tommy into a date with her? (Wouldn't have to twist my arm to go out with her, jeez.)

And whats with this platonic relationship between tommy and his wife. Last i remember she was leaving him cause she blamed him for the boy dying.

Either way i think the characters are hilarious so i'll probably keep on watching...even if the writers go nuts and kill off characters or go off in some random direction every other week.

MembersZone Subscriber

Yeah didn't like that gap much either. The lady that said your costing me 2 million is sheila. the lady forcing tommy into a date is the one that rescued him in the house fire he was in.
    FOOLS
    RFB-KTF-DTRT

Forum Member

The gap was awkward, and I didn't like it. The unanswered questions are killing me too. I put most together but still...

-Who's baby is it, Tommy or Johnny's?
    -Did they ever say what was supposed to have happened to Shelia? I'm guessing she's supposed to have died in the fire, but I'm unsure.

It also seemed a little different from the other seasons. I don't know why, it just appeared weird to me. I still love the show, and it'll get better.

Savage / Hyneman 08'

Default No joy

10 minutes until the first episode... Watching the Denis Leary interview on Glenn Beck...Getting comfy...Ready to go...It's TV time...

Tones go off.

Everyone in the house wails in dissapointment.

And we spend the next 2 1/2 hours blocking off the highway while the deputies do the investigation because some folks can't keep their motorcycles under 100mph. And of course then a tree runs out in front of them.

Sneaky things, those trees.

Can anyone think of a good argument for getting a satellite system and hi-def tv put into the budget for our heavy rescue? ( That the Chief won't immediately laugh at us for? )

Oh well. On to plan B. Pray for the man who was riding the motorcycle, and catch the first episode on FX friday night at 10pm central time.

Forum Member

ok well if u guys are a little slow to pick up on things the girl who is makeing tommy take her on a date because she pulled him out of the fire that shelia set that tommy is getting blamed for shelia is "dead" and she wants to collect on her life insurance is my guess just by the way they talk about her or at least thats my guess

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DFDMAXX View Post
    10 minutes until the first episode... Watching the Denis Leary interview on Glenn Beck...Getting comfy...Ready to go...It's TV time...

Tones go off.

Everyone in the house wails in dissapointment.

And we spend the next 2 1/2 hours blocking off the highway while the deputies do the investigation because some folks can't keep their motorcycles under 100mph. And of course then a tree runs out in front of them.

Sneaky things, those trees.

Can anyone think of a good argument for getting a satellite system and hi-def tv put into the budget for our heavy rescue? ( That the Chief won't immediately laugh at us for? )

Oh well. On to plan B. Pray for the man who was riding the motorcycle, and catch the first episode on FX friday night at 10pm central time.
    Solution: DVR. we have it in our firehouse with the digital cable package we got, so in the event our tones dropped like yours did all we'd have to do is hit the record button on our way out of the room and just watch it when we get back
    NJ FFII/EMT-B

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DFDMAXX View Post
    Just design in a little "Command Post" station for smaller incidents where the big one is not needed. Make it an asset for him to have at the scene of major but not huge incidents.
    Be for Peace, but don't be for the Enemy!
    -Big Russ

Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

Forum Member

call the guys at Trick My Truck. I've seen their work. I'm sure they could put a satellite on your rig and put a tv disguised as a pump panel or something. maybe if you ask extra nice they can throw in an xbox or something. haha, pump panels are over-rated anyway.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by schmidty2101 View Post
    ok well if u guys are a little slow to pick up on things the girl who is makeing tommy take her on a date because she pulled him out of the fire that shelia set that tommy is getting blamed for shelia is "dead" and she wants to collect on her life insurance is my guess just by the way they talk about her or at least thats my guess
    Meanwhile,back at the ranch......

I thought it funny that everyone in Tommy's family is going down his road of drinking,sex,etc and he's calling himself the "moral compass of the family."

Forum Member

So how about the switch to Wednesday nights instead of Tuesdays?

I'm personally not a fan of it. I have a meeting and then drill on the first Wednesday of each month. And the third Wednesday of each month is our department drill, which usually run a little later. Hopefully there won't be a conflict on those Wednesdays...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by st42stephenAFT View Post

I'm personally not a fan of it. I have a meeting and then drill on the first Wednesday of each month. And the third Wednesday of each month is our department drill, which usually run a little later. Hopefully there won't be a conflict on those Wednesdays...
    I like it. Monday drills, tuesday company meetings. Wednesday Rescue Me Its on at 10 though, our meetings rarely last that long. But i am an east coaster too.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by st42stephenAFT View Post

I appreciate Wednesdays more so than Tuesdays. Training on Mondays, meeting on Tuesday. Rescue Me works great on Wednesday, even though it was always funny to watch us rush through meetings during previous seasons so we didn't miss it.

MembersZone Subscriber

wednesdays bum me a little I was watching the show traveler a few weeks before it now I have to stay up late to watch both as rescue me plays twice
    FOOLS
    RFB-KTF-DTRT

Forum Member

Previews look like tonight they may be wrapping up some of the loose ends about what happened between the end of last season and the start of this one....

On a side note, since Leary has such a connection to the Worcester 6, I wonder if there will be a message of some sort in reference to the Charleston 9 made tonight?

Forum Member

Yeah, I can't wait for the second episode of season 4

Forum Member

I like it. Monday drills, tuesday company meetings. Wednesday Rescue Me Its on at 10 though, our meetings rarely last that long. But i am an east coaster too.
    Lucky. Tonight is our monthly drill, and we have an acquired structure. We'll be doing roof ops. So it might be a long night, which means we might end up missing it. I hope not though, this show is addicting.

Forum Member

I'm confused as to where the house that tommy and shelia had was located. I had thought somewhere south, like floridia. But that doesn't make sense beings their "vollies" are close enough to date. Anybody got any ideas?

TFD2008
    Firehouse.com Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MEck51 View Post
    I'm confused as to where the house that tommy and shelia had was located. I had thought somewhere south, like floridia. But that doesn't make sense beings their "vollies" are close enough to date. Anybody got any ideas?
    It was just a getaway house on the beach in NY or Jersey.

Forum Member

I too thought that it was out somewhere like Long Island.

I kind of like that they are potentially adding another character around the station. I didn't catch his name but he was the big dude with the mushache at the supper table and he was also driving the ladder.

Forum Member

Yea, a new character could be a good move. They haven't gone into detail with him yet though, so there's no guarantee that he'll be staying. I don't really even think they mentioned his name yet. Maybe during the dinner time conversation about the 'spank bank' Lou might have said it, but I didn't catch it. Who knows, will he stay, or will he be gone soon? Only time will tell.

But we are only 2 episodes into the season....

Forum Member

The new guy, the driver, has actually been around for a long time. I want to say since the first season but I can't quite remember. I know he was in the third season, he drove Mike to the betting place on the horse race towards the end of the season. It sure seems like they're giving him more time though which I can't complain about, always nice to add a new character in.

MembersZone Subscriber

Smile

I think his name is Mills or Miles. He's actual FDNY, an employee has to drive the trucks, that's why you always see him driving. I think he's been around for the whole show but they just started giving him lines and screen time. I think they interviewed him on the second season DVD extras.
    It was great to have Marisa Tomei on the show but now Jennifer Esposito too?? Yum. They seem to have more comedy this season which I like.
    I'm at work on Wednesdays but I can still record with the good ol' VCR and watch it when I get home in the morning.
    09.11.01--Never Forgotten
    FTM_PTB

"Darn those pesky flaming mice."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GFDLT1 View Post
    I too thought that it was out somewhere like Long Island.

I kind of like that they are potentially adding another character around the station. I didn't catch his name but he was the big dude with the mushache at the supper table and he was also driving the ladder.
    That's Niels, he's been around since the begining,
    "You choose to go voluntarily into the fire. The blaze might well destroy you. But if you survive, every blow of the hammer will serve to shape your being. Every drop of water wrung from you will temper and strengthen your soul." Margaret Weis

Paul Richardson
    Firefighter/EMT-B
    OVFD unit# 343/SLVFD unit# 610

Forum Member

The spank bank discussion was pretty damn good. I loved what the Chief said about his wife, but when Lou took everyone's knife, that had to take the cake.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... Last

Thread Information