+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... Last
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default The Al Gore hipocricy

Link to speech given in 1992. Gore stateS the Bush administration not hard enough on Saddam. He speaks of Saddam's nuke program, ties to terrorism, destabilizing the middle east, etc.... WHAT A JOKE!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JE48XHKG64

MembersZone Subscriber

Yeah.. that hind-sight's a b*tch..
    So you call this your free country
    Tell me why it costs so much to live
    -3dd

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nail200 View Post
    Link to speech given in 1992. Gore stateS the Bush administration not hard enough on Saddam. He speaks of Saddam's nuke program, ties to terrorism, destabilizing the middle east, etc.... WHAT A JOKE!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JE48XHKG64
    I support the administration and agree that Gore and his friends are full of crap, but that does not mean that it was not a screw up to go into Iraq at the time and in the way we did the second time. Yeah, they need to stfu about "lies and misleading" BS, but their political idiocy does not excuse the mistake that Iraq became. Should have stuck to just Afghanistan for a much longer time.
    Be for Peace, but don't be for the Enemy!
    -Big Russ

Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by DennisTheMenace View Post
    I support the administration and agree that Gore and his friends are full of crap, but that does not mean that it was not a screw up to go into Iraq at the time and in the way we did the second time. Yeah, they need to stfu about "lies and misleading" BS, but their political idiocy does not excuse the mistake that Iraq became. Should have stuck to just Afghanistan for a much longer time.
    I'm not going to argue the Iraq war with you. There's no doubt there have been some pretty solid mistakes, missteps, and bad planning. I do think that in the larger scheme of things Iraq could turn out to be a net positive. Maybe wishful thinking. I feel this war has a long way to go as a whole. Iraq could play a key role in further actions and help shape a more productive middle eastern policy.

What seems obvious to me is that the left will use what ever means necessary, even putting our troops in harms way, thwarting the war effort, and jepordizing our nation's future in an attempt to regain power and push their political agenda forward. These are not the Democrats of the pre 1970 era.

To state the Republican's platform on the war in 92 and then somehow do a complete 180 when we're actually in the fight speaks volumes.

Forum Member

The Republicans pulled the same shenanigans when Clinton sent troops into Bosnia.

Same circus, only the names of the clowns change
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Banned

Don't stop at Iraq. Include Bosnia, Kosovo, former Yugoslav Republic, Viet Nam, Korea, and a couple I am forgetting for sure. We need to stop putting our troops inother countries. Bring them ALL home and let them defend our own soil. If we brought ALL of our troops home from foreign lands we would be able to line them up along our borders and it would do wonders for our economy.

Forum Member

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainGonzo View Post
    The Republicans pulled the same shenanigans when Clinton sent troops into Bosnia.

Same circus, only the names of the clowns change
    Absolutely correct. Something conservatives claim never happened.

Conservative are all concerned about troop morale when a GOP president is in office, but they are no holds barred when a Dem has troops in harm's way.

There were no outcries of treason or troop morale when conservatives were criticizing President Clinton during the Balkan's campaign. A campaign where a dictator was deposed with zero casualties.
    Last edited by scfire86; 06-14-2007 at 06:23 PM.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Forum Member

Wait a minute...who started this stupid war and is directly responsible for it's failed policies and disasterous outcome? That's right...wait for it...George W. Bush. So, do tell us again what is the relevance of a 15 year old speech to the idiocy of your boy in the White House? That's right...absolutely nothing.
    Joke, indeed.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by ThNozzleman View Post
    Wait a minute...who started this stupid war and is directly responsible for it's failed policies and disasterous outcome? That's right...wait for it...George W. Bush. So, do tell us again what is the relevance of a 15 year old speech to the idiocy of your boy in the White House? That's right...absolutely nothing.
    Joke, indeed.
    Did any of you even listen to Gore's speech. He's making the case for taking aggresive action against Iraq because they are seeking nuclear weapons, they have strong ties to terrorists, they are actively destabilizing Lebanon, they used chemical weapons against their own people killing thousands of inocents.

I say again, WHAT A JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is in stark contrast to the Gore stating Bush lied to get us into this war.

Bush stated the exact same case Al Gore did LOL I'm rolling.

Thanks for the permagrin.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by KnightnPBIArmor View Post
    That's an awesome post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great Pic

Forum Member

Did any of you even listen to Gore's speech. He's making the case for taking aggresive action against Iraq because they are seeking nuclear weapons, they have strong ties to terrorists, they are actively destabilizing Lebanon, they used chemical weapons against their own people killing thousands of inocents.

I say again, WHAT A JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is in stark contrast to the Gore stating Bush lied to get us into this war.

Bush stated the exact same case Al Gore did LOL I'm rolling.
    f
    Thanks for the permagrin.
    Despite your feeble attempts at rationalization, Bush started this idiotic war. Even supporters like Gen. Powell are distancing themselves from this debacle.

In between the time Gore made those statements and the time Bush the dumber started the invasion of Iraq there were ten years of UN sanctions and inspections which in retrospect pretty much disarmed Hussein. Further reducing your attempts to pin a hypocritical moniker on Gore.

The buck stops with him.
    Last edited by scfire86; 06-15-2007 at 02:11 AM.

Banned

Yup, Bush initiated this war with the backing of 99 out of 100 Senators. And a huge majority of the congressmen. Bush didn't do it alone. Eve nthe public supported the war back then. Of course we had just come out of the senseless devastation of the former Yugoslav republic where very few troops were killed. They all expected the same thing to happen in Iraq especially after the victory in Desert Storm. It is funny to see all of the turn coats that show up when the going gets tough. Hillary and Obama were in favor of the war, but now they are not. They are both too wishy washy for me. A couple of opportunist he will say what their people want to hear just to get elected. Those two are just as scary as Gore and Kerry, you just don't know where they stand on the issues.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HotTrotter View Post
    Yup, Bush initiated this war with the backing of 99 out of 100 Senators. And a huge majority of the congressmen. Bush didn't do it alone. Eve nthe public supported the war back then. Of course we had just come out of the senseless devastation of the former Yugoslav republic where very few troops were killed. They all expected the same thing to happen in Iraq especially after the victory in Desert Storm. It is funny to see all of the turn coats that show up when the going gets tough. Hillary and Obama were in favor of the war, but now they are not. They are both too wishy washy for me. A couple of opportunist he will say what their people want to hear just to get elected. Those two are just as scary as Gore and Kerry, you just don't know where they stand on the issues.
    Wrong again... at least you're consistent!

Senator Barack Obama voted against going to war in Iraq.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainGonzo View Post
    Wrong again... at least you're consistent!

Senator Barack Obama voted against going to war in Iraq.
    Huh? War in Iraq started in 2003, Obama sworn into office in 2005. How did he vote against going to war in Iraq when he did not join the Senate until we had already been there for almost two years?

Here is the problem, both sides, from Joe-blow on the street to Senator Whatshisface and Candidate Doubletalk are stuck in the blaim and defend game rather than coming up with a realistic and morally legit solution to the situation at hand. We need to end the violance in Iraq and come get our folks home and on to other jobs in the real war on terror. We can't just pack up and leave the violance behind, that would be immoral. Neither should we accept the status quo and just try to keep things from getting any worse.

If these folks are smart enough to get themselves into office, they should be smart enough to present somesort of reasonably workable solutions, rather than just to blame or defend the sitution.
    -Big Russ

Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

Forum Member

As was pointed out, Obama wasn't in the Senate during the decision to go to war. At least your consistent in showing yourself to be uninformed.

You may have missed this. The Senate Intelligence Committee (when it was still a GOP majority) has done a very thorough investigation and was very critical of the intelligence community and the information it presented to congress as reasons for going to war.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    As was pointed out, Obama wasn't in the Senate during the decision to go to war. At least your consistent in showing yourself to be uninformed.

You may have missed this. The Senate Intelligence Committee (when it was still a GOP majority) has done a very thorough investigation and was very critical of the intelligence community and the information it presented to congress as reasons for going to war.
    Yup, and that intelligence community provided the same info to the WHite House..... So why does the legislature get a pass for getting bad intel, but not the WH? No one America can get the blame, only two people could have kept us out of the situation we find ourselves, Osama and Saddam. But really that does not matter anymore, our leaders and now want to be leaders need to give us solutions! Not the continueing blame game!
    -Big Russ

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DennisTheMenace View Post
    Huh? War in Iraq started in 2003, Obama sworn into office in 2005. How did he vote against going to war in Iraq when he did not join the Senate until we had already been there for almost two years?
    That "immunity" from the burden of responsibility for this war is something enjoyed by quite a few of the candidates. It might be useful in the long-haul.

Here is the problem, both sides, from Joe-blow on the street to Senator Whatshisface and Candidate Doubletalk are stuck in the blaim and defend game rather than coming up with a realistic and morally legit solution to the situation at hand.

If these folks are smart enough to get themselves into office, they should be smart enough to present somesort of reasonably workable solutions, rather than just to blame or defend the sitution.
    Ah, that's the key to politics. You don't have to offer any solution at all, you just have to make the opponent look like he or she has been the worst thing for this country since NAFTA, and your credibility shoots through the ceiling and all the floors above it.

Keep blaming Clinton. Keep blaming the Bushes.

The enemy is still at the gates.
    "Yeah, but as I've always said, this country has A.D.D." - Denis Leary

http://www.lettertogop.com/

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GodSendRain View Post
    Ah, that's the key to politics. You don't have to offer any solution at all, you just have to make the opponent look like he or she has been the worst thing for this country since NAFTA, and your credibility shoots through the ceiling and all the floors above it.

The problem is only kept alive when the Joe-shmo on the street and the inturdweb does the same thing in the name of "his" guy.

Oh and I have made money and not lost my job thanks to NAFTA.
    -Big Russ

MembersZone Subscriber

Here I figured the reason Congress has a lower approval rating than our President was because they have yet to find a solution to much of anything.

I like to blame all the crooks, er politicians.

Forum Member

Not true. Congress sent legislation to the idiot in chief providing for a specific timeline to withdraw from Iraq. The moron in the Oval Office vetoed the bill proclaiming himself as the "decider."

He's already starting to do a PR campaign to temper people's expectations on the "surge" and its effectiveness when Petraeus gives his report in September.

Banned

I'm pretty sure there was a recent article in the paper that stated Ms. Clinton and Mr. Obama didn't even read the intelligence report. For sure I know Clinton didn't. Time for research

Forum Member

I'm pretty sure there was a recent article in the paper that stated Ms. Clinton and Mr. Obama didn't even read the intelligence report. For sure I know Clinton didn't. Time for research
    Why the heck would Obama be allowed to read the intelligence report when he was not even a Federal Employee let alone a Senator at the time? Since he opposed the war at the time based on gut instinct he might be the one person has a real legit stance to his opinion, although he has yet to offer a solution.

Why do you stick to falsehoods so often even when the facts are clearly pointed out to you? You make your side look like idiots even when there is some good solid ground to stand on. Just like the White House sticking to the WMD justification in the begining when they could easily have made made a strong case for war based on Saddam's violations of the cease fire agreement on 1991. But at least the White House was basing it on intell they thought was legit, your points are shown to be false right now.
    -Big Russ

Forum Member

That's an awesome post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great Pic
    Thanks, but I can't claim originality: I borrowed it from a post Dave29 made awhile back....

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Not true. Congress sent legislation to the idiot in chief providing for a specific timeline to withdraw from Iraq. The moron in the Oval Office vetoed the bill proclaiming himself as the "decider."

He's already starting to do a PR campaign to temper people's expectations on the "surge" and its effectiveness when Petraeus gives his report in September.
    As opposed to the morons who refused to come up with a real solution rather than sending a bill they knew was going to be vetoed? A bill they knew they didn't have the votes to override a veto?

I'm fine with people declaring people morons no matter what my stance, just so long as theydo so with equal opportunity.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... Last

Thread Information