+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 First ... 2345678 ... Last

Thread: Knoxville?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CNSR58 View Post
    Engine6- I apologize for my previous post regarding the academy. I think it was either typed or interpreted wrong. In no way am I complaining, having an attitude or assuming I am too good for it. I realize there are plenty of people that want to be in my shoes, that is why my next line was... I'm not going to complain, I want to work for KFD and I am sure I will learn some new things in the academy. Again I apologize, I just did not understand why the city required people with emt and fire certs to go through the school a second time.
    I got it....no problem. No need to apologize.

It is team building and getting to know how things are done our way and to make sure that you can hack it. That's it.
    www.KFDEngine6.com

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Just waiting!!!!

Any word on how the process is going so far. I received my letter saying I had passed the medical exam, but, I still have not received any word on my background check. None of my family or neighbors have been contacted yet. I talked with Vicky Dalton and she did not know what the hold up was. Any of you that work for KFD have a clue? Also, I was looking at my background packet and noticed that I ony put a phone number for 1 of my previous employers.(mainly because most of my past employers are out of bussiness) Will that hurt me at all. I have talked with my boss NOW and I know that I am getting a good reference from him, do you think thats all they will need? Post anything you can, and, as always thanks for the insight.

MembersZone Subscriber

Exclamation when will the ball get rolling

If any of the KFD guys are still reading this post have ya'll heard when the background review panel is going to meet? Its getting close and still no word yet if Im in or out! thanks for the help.

Forum Member

Default response

I called Linda Pardue the other day and asked her that. She told me that the background review panel had not even set a date as to when they will meet. She still says they are hoping to start some time around March. I hope I find out soon... I still have to sell my house in FL and move. I'll be sure to post if I find anything else out.

MembersZone Subscriber

Post same thing here

I e-mailed her before christmas and I got the same reply. Have you done your poly and your medical exam yet?

Forum Member

Default response

I finished all my tests Dec 13th. I got the medical test results... passed and the poly detective said I passed so now its just waiting.

MembersZone Subscriber

Post keep your fingers crossed!

Congrats on getting through the process so far! I dont know if you have read some of the earlier posts between me and the KFD guys but if you passed everything so far I would amagine your good to go. I have talked with some of my friends that work for KFD about the process and to be quite honest they really didnt know what could drop anyone from the process now unless your a felon or an illeagal alien, but, who knows........ its politics right. (just kidding) Good, bad, or indifferent keep me posted when you hear anything!

MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs up Anyone who is waiting!!!

I called and spoke w/ Vicki and she said they were planning on doing the background review panel at the end of this week and early next week. She said they were still waiting for one of the panel to find time to meet. Hope the info helps.

Forum Member

Default Anybody hearing anything?

Hey guys. Just wondering if anyone is hearing anything... I'm third on the reserve list and Vicki said the committee (when they meet) will make cuts, if need be, and call up some of the reserves to come do polygraphs and such. I'm just wondering if there's any word out there because I'm looking at an offer down here in North Florida and I'd RATHER come back home to work in Tennessee...

MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs up Some ansewers!!

The fire dept is conducting "their" background check right now. They came and spoke with my neighbors on the 23rd, so, I called my friend thats works for KFD and it will still be a week or two before the panel meets. Keep your fingers crossed because another friend of mine said there wasn't alot of people in the original 27 of us that failed the poly or the med exam. Good luck and post when you hear something.

Default new

hey

I currently live in estero Florida i just graduated the academy down here but no one is hiring and im going to Knoxville for a couple of weeks and im thinking about moving up there but i would like to know how the hiring is up there before i make a big decision.

Forum Member

Default Alittle new info...

I talked to Vicki Dalton this past Thursday. I'm 2nd on the alternate list and I'm wondering exactly HOW much notice I'll have if I'm lucky enough to get called up to fill any positions. She said the background commitee meets on Fri. 15th and should contact any disqualified applicants that following Monday in which they'll be given a chance to appeal. From that point, she suspects that they'll send out letters on the 22nd to any alternates that might be needed.

Just some info I came accross...

Forum Member

Default Update

The review panel will meet Feb. 15th to go over all the applicants that were selected. On that following Monday they will be sending out rejection letters or confirmation to the Academy Letters. You should have them by Friday Feb. 22. That following Monday they will be contacting any alternates that they need by letter which you should receive a letter by certified mail within that week. It will have a time for you to do your Orientation Workshop with all the other pre employment exams that follow. They are still expecting to start the Fire Academy around the Middle of March. Currently they are working on a bunch of promotions that take priority. Which should also be completed around the middle of March.

My advice for the guy in North Florida, It will be hard for you to make all these arrangements to get moved up here and settled before the Academy Starts. (unless you have friends or family here to help) Once the Academy starts you won't have to do anything else. I promise you that.

Hope this helps some of you out.

Good Luck.

MembersZone Subscriber

Question just wondering?

What do they go over in the review panel? Do they just see if you have passed your pre-employment tests(poly,TBI background, med exam)? I've heard that if you passed those then the review panel gives you the thumbs up. Just curious. Thanks for the info.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Chris and Scott

Hey guys, E-mail me at LtBambam1@aol.com

MembersZone Subscriber

Question Question for cmfireguy????

Did the review panel meet Friday? Its Thursday and I havent been sent anything yet. I only live 15 minutes from Knoxville so the mail only takes a day to get to me from there. Also is this letter certified or not? Also is this the last letter I have to look for or will they send another before the academy? If you are able to respond back please do. Thanks.

Forum Member

Default Response to brandon

This is the e-mail reply I got from Linda Pardue yesterday....

"They did meet last week and will meet again this week. The Fire department will notify candidates who are scheduled for an appeal. When I receive the list from the Fire Department, I will notify those applicants who have passed their background. You should hear something within the next couple of weeks."

Hopefully when she wrote couple weeks, she meant days.

Forum Member

Default Update

Hey guys Letters went out. The next step will be to come in a get fitted for your gear and uniforms. The way it sounds it will be April 14th when the Academy will start. I also heard that they may wait until the next budget year to start due to Budget Issues. If I get any further information I will let you know. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Forum Member

Default Re: cm update

What month does your budget year start?

Forum Member

Default Answer

July 1 - June 30

Good Luck, If you have any further questions feel free to ask.

Forum Member

Default brandon

congrats! hopefully I get mine today in florida.

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking Thanks cmfireguy

Got my letter in the mail on tuesday!!!!! I'm in whenever they decide to start the academy. I hope its in april and not june or july. Anyway thanks again for the help throughout the entire process, I look forward to working alongside you at KFD.

Forum Member

Default letter

Finally got my acceptance letter!! I'll miss my current FD crew, but am excited about meeting and working with everyone at KFD. Time to pack up the house in FL and head to TN. Also, to those who are on the reserve/alternate list- apparently 7 people were rejected through the appeal process so the 6 reserves left on the list should be contacted to continue through the process, so good luck.

Forum Member

Default Six reserves on the list...

What do you mean by that? I'm second on "the reserve list" does that mean NINE people would have had to drop out to get the job or are you saying I'll be getting a letter? I haven't been asked to anything since the initial interview so I'm guessing I'm not going to get a letter unless more drop out. I'm a bit confused so I'd appreciate any concrete info you have and where in Florida do you live? I'm in Jacksonville but I'm thinking I might get an offer from St. Augustine/ St. Johns County in the next two to three weeks...

MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs up Congrats CNSR58

Hey congats on your letter! One thing, you may want to call viki dalton or vicki hatfield to find out when they might be starting the academy. I dont know if you read cmfireguys post but the might not start till the new fiscal year which is in july. After I read that i called a few of my friends that work for them and they told me the same thing. Not really any of my bussiness but I dont want you to move up here and have to find a job for a couple months... Thats all. If you do decide to move and they dont start until july and your a EMT-IV or even better a Medic and want to work a ambulance for a while till the academy, let me know, I might be able to help you. Once again congrats.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 First ... 2345678 ... Last

Thread Information