Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Knoxville?

Forum Member

Question Knoxville?

Anybody else in the process for city of Knoxville? I took the written May 12th and physical May 30th. I've talked to them about my status on the list but am curious on when will hear more! Anybody else going thro it?

Default Me TOO

I am going through the same thing. I know my rank but thats it. Any info. on whats next would be great.

Default Me too

Well I guess no one else knows. If I hear something I'll let you know.

Forum Member

yeah, i don't know anything either. i'll keep you posted as well. all i know is that a background packet is next and my ranking.

Default Packet

Have you gotten your background packet? When is that supposed to come in?

Forum Member

No, I haven't gotten the background packet. All I know is that is potentially next step if you have a high enough ranking.

Default Thanks

Ok, Thanks. I guess now it's just a waiting game.

Forum Member

yeah, i'll let you know anything i hear. good luck and i wish we could get some more people in the process on here!

Red face Anything

Still no word from Knoxville. I looked at last years hiring process and it looks like no one heard anything till late July or August, so maybe within the next couple weeks.

Forum Member

Default Waiting Game...

Hey guys, I'm shooting for a spot at K-ville, too... Does anyone have any good info on KFD's pay and work schedule? I stopped in on a station and they said they work 24 on 24 off for a number of days and get three or four days off? And I think they start out at 27k a year and maybe 31k after your probationary period?

I'm surprised by the lack of hits when you google Knox fire...

Forum Member

Default Still waiting...

Hey guys, I'm waiting on word from KFD, too... I heard it's a long process so I'm just gonna forget about it and just be suprised when it gets here...

But I was wondering if any of you guys know any information about KFD's work schedule, pay, benefits... etc.

If anybody has any idea or links to some info, let me know... Good luck!

Default Not Sure

Im not sure about their work schedule or pay. I know it was posted on the City of Knoxville website at some point.

I'm hoping to hear back soon, I'd like to get some kind of info. on what the next phase is.

Forum Member

Default Some progess...

I got my package in the mail today... and I actually talked to the training chief earlier to ask if my NR-EMT would transfer from Florida to Tennessee and he ended up telling me that they anticipate conducting preliminary interviews starting October 8th...

I guess we'll see how it actually goes down...

Question Mail

I haven't checked my mail box yet but I did get something from the post office yesterday saying I had a certified packet to pick up. Did your packet come certified?

Default Got It

I got my packet today from Knoxville! I have to pick a date between Oct. 13-21 to complete my interview. I hope it works out. I really want this job.

Forum Member

Default hey guys,

I work for KFD, I am willing to answer any of your questions that you may have. I will tell you all that I know. They will be or have sent out packets for you to fill out a questionaire. (All i have to say about that is whatever you do DON"T LIE) be totally honest about everything, they don't care if you did drugs or whatever, just be honest. They Interview 5 candidates for each position they have open. Right now they have approx. 25-30 openings. Once interviewed the Interview committee will then select about 40 candidates to continue through the process which includes a drug test, medical exam, and a polygraph with KPD. Rumor has it they may even include a psychological evaluation this time. (but I don't know). Once you complete this proccess you have then been selected for the Academy. (Be patient through this process because it takes Forever to complete this process.) We work a crazy schedule but I really enjoy it. it's 24-on 24-off 24-on 24-off 24-on then 4 days off.

If you all have any other questions please feel free to contact me.

Good Luck.

Forum Member

Default hey guys,

I work for KFD, I am willing to answer any of your questions that you may have. I will tell you all that I know. They will be or have sent out packets for you to fill out a questionaire. (All i have to say about that is whatever you do DON"T LIE) be totally honest about everything, they don't care if you did drugs or whatever, just be honest. They Interview 5 candidates for each position they have open. Right now they have approx. 25-30 openings. Once interviewed the Interview committee will then select about 40 candidates to continue through the process which includes a drug test, medical exam, and a polygraph with KPD. Rumor has it they may even include a psychological evaluation this time. (but I don't know). Once you complete this proccess you have then been selected for the Academy. (Be patient through this process because it takes Forever to complete this process.) We work a crazy schedule but I really enjoy it. it's 24-on 24-off 24-on 24-off 24-on then 4 days off.

If you all have any other questions please feel free to contact me.

Good Luck.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zachary615 View Post
    I got my packet today from Knoxville! I have to pick a date between Oct. 13-21 to complete my interview. I hope it works out. I really want this job.

Guys,

I work for KFD, They are starting the interview process in the middle of October. Which means the academy will start Feb. or March. of 08.

Forum Member

Congrats to both of ya's! Mine is waiting on me at the post office- blah! I have to go pick it up later. Good luck with the interviews and keep the questions/concerns/comments coming to we can all get thro it!

Forum Member

Default Question for Cmfireguy...

I don't want to sound like I'm in it for the money, but what does a firefighter roughly get paid their 1st year? I've seen figures around 27K but I figured with overtime and taxes and all that, that you might know realistically the take home pay is.

Also, what does the pay jump up to after your probie year?

The wife and I are looking to start having kids and I'm just trying to get a gauge on what finances will look like for the wifey and I. I guess we'll be eating ramen noodles and McDonalds cheeseburgers for a while!

Thread Information