Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
    Forum Member

Default Hello, Arkansas resident.

Hey,

My name is Ryan and I'm from Arkansas as you can see from my name and the title. I just recently turned 16 and have also recently become interested in becoming a firefighter. I'm pretty much here to learn more about the profession and to make some new friends. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Ryan

Thumbs up

Hey Ryan,

New to Firehouse and am a young one with a interest in Firefighting as well, currently 15.

I suggest possibly getting a hold of your local fire department(s) and see if they don't have a Junior Firefighter or Fire Explorer program that allows people our age to participate with the Fire Department and get a more in-depth, hands on look at what the career is like and allows you to decide if it's your thing.

Good luck, and again welcome to the Firehouse.

Forum Member

Thank you Jonathan,

I called my local fire department about a week ago and the guy who is charge of the junior program was on vacation. So he's supposed to call me back within the next week when he comes back. But other than that, I'm still trying to figure out exactly what path I should take as far as academy and degrees when I graduate from highschool. I know I'll get the opinion of my local firefighters on that, but I would also like the opinions of everyone online,

Ryan

Welcome to the gang Ryan from another Ryan. This is the spot to be if you want information about firefighting.
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

Forum Member

Hello other Ryan lol Yea, I've learned plenty while I've been here. I'm still pretty shy of knowing it all, but in time :P I'm still trying to get it all maped out to the point I can begin my major educational steps toward becoming a firefighter right out of highschool. If you wanna know one of my major questions, just look in the Probie section of the forums and it should be one of the more recent ones name ' Need Opinions'. Thanks all,

Ryan

Thread Information