Forum Member

Default Anyone Following the Jessie Davis Story?

If you haven't herd, it's BIG news from Stark County, OH.

A 9 month pregnent woman has gone missing and the prime suspect is a Canton police officer. The woman had 1 child already. The suspect, (Bobby Cutts Jr.) is suspected to be the father of her child and he is married but seperated.

Jessie turned up missing about a week ago and the manhunt of the century is on.

Cutts happens to live at the end of MY street in MY neighborhood (spitting distance), so the entire neighborhood is a media circus. There have been at least a dozen news crews from TV, paper and radio there 24/7 for 3 days now. Twice I watched the county sheriff and FBI raid his house and sieze evidence. At one point there were 4 news helicopters overhead.

Jessis is from Hartville (a town less than 5 minutes north of me) and the manhunt for her has started. A company from Texas was hired to organize the search and today nearly 2000 volunteers showd up, myself included. There were several on ATVs, horseback and a few pilots as well. Myself and others offered to take groups of foot searches far off the roadway in our 4x4s and search for unuasual tire/drag marks off of access roads and under easments as well.

They thought they had found a grave today but it turned out to actully be a crop of weed that had been buried because the growers knew there would be people crawling over the area.

The hunt resumes tomorrow at dawn, I am almost certain it is a recovery, not a rescue operation at this point. I was a bit shocked that the closest an organized search team made it to the suspects house in my neighborhood was about 6 miles! Tomorrow my friends and I will be searching on our own in the woods, fields, strip mines, swamps and construction sites that are within a small radius of my house.

I will be sure to post updates as thsi is as local and close to home as it can be for me. Also on a sad note, Jessie is a white woman, Bobby Cutts is black and racial tensions between the public and police are already soaring...

Lammrover
    "Plan for the worst, hope for the best"

FF/EMT: Nimishillen Township FD
    EMT: AMR
    Fire/EMS/Police Dispatcher: CenCom
    Student: Stark State C.O.T.

Forum Member

I don't say this in an offensive manner, but explain to me why these cases become national news?

It just seems that these are at least well-off people who are attractive (and often white) that get into these national stories.

No better or worse than any of the hundreds of people that run away or go missing every week in this country.

I realize it hits closer to home for you, but I comment about this every time. Lacy Peterson and others are the same way. Comfortable, attractive women gone missing. Usually murdered.

The race thing will never go away. Sad, but true. Police cannot investigate a crime involving a Black person without it always being racially motivated.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Banned

I too wonder why these stories make national news. 100s go missing every day. But Laci Peterson, Jessie Davis, I don't get it. Makes no sense to me why the news picks up on certain stories. And I refuse to make this a racial issue.

Forum Member

I think what makes it such a story besides the fact that everyone likes a mystery is that the suspect is a police officer and a lot of love/sex drama sets the stage for the entire story.

On top of that, being 9 months pregnent adds a new twist to it. Also, a few days ago a newborn baby mysteriously showed up on a doorstep in Wooster, about 1/2 an hour to the west of Canton adding more fuel to the story.

Mostly though we have a crapload of sleezy media in NE Ohio that lives for this type of story...

I am amazed by the ammount of people volunteering to search though, I never would have estimated that many would show up.

Lammrover

Forum Member

Following it? Not really. Aware of it, yes. Was not aware that he was a LEO.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Forum Member

A brother asked me the other day at work if there is more of these horrible incidents happening lately or is it a media thing? I don't have the answer. With all the false and early reports seems to me like people make biased decisions. Heck I don't know. Really hope this women is found alive and well, guess that's the bottom line.

MembersZone Subscriber

yeah, it's all over the news around here being's it's only about 20 mins. from here, so can't help but to follow it

Forum Member

Lammrover,

What a coincidence. We both live in the same township! I'm following the story as well.

As for what others are saying, I also agree. This should not be national news.. but definitely local news. So, being local to the incident, I am curious as to how things are unfolding.

The things on National News networks today is.. well, sickening to say the least. Has to be better things out there.. hell, I could find better stuff if I tried.

P.S: Lammrover, I'd love to get in contact with you, as I'm interested in Firefighting, and it just terns out you work at my local F.D.

Please do email me at JonathanWGill@gmail.com .
    Last edited by JonathanG; 06-23-2007 at 07:03 PM. Reason: Added "P.S"

Forum Member

Her body found and boyfriend charged

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070623/.../missing_woman
    Firefighter for Vestal 32-2

American Red Cross Volunteer

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by dave29 View Post

Another boyfriend charged?
    Oh say it isn't so.
    Guess he had help from a high school friend.
    He will be charged with TWO murders; right?
    I'm still amazed that the crime was committed in front of the two year old.
    Let's see some scumbag lawyer try to impeach THAT witness.
    And the avalanche of hate mail he'll get for trying.
    CR
    Visit www.iacoj.com
    Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
    RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

Forum Member

The sickos that did it needs a neddle full of bleach jabed in the neck
    Firefighter for Vestal 32-2

American Red Cross Volunteer

Forum Member

It's very sick of everyone involved. I wonder now if his family knew the truth because they so adamintly defended him the entire time.

The police were issued 3 seperate search warrents so they must have had plenty of evidence. The 2 year old will not testify because I doubt anyone would allow that but he won't need too.

End result, a huge blackeye for CPD, a shocked community, seceral lifes ruined and Ohio needs to dust off the electric chair...

He is being charged with 2 counts, as is the female accomplice as far as I know.

Jonathan, I'd be happy to chat with you about a fire job. Best advice I can give to you up front is take the Fire Science Tech Prep Program. I did and was working at an FD and AMR a few months after I graduated high school. Also if you plan to go back for more college it took a whole semester of time and money out of the equation as I already had the credit hours from FFI and EMT-B.

Lammrover

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lammrover View Post
    ...Jonathan, I'd be happy to chat with you about a fire job. Best advice I can give to you up front is take the Fire Science Tech Prep Program. I did and was working at an FD and AMR a few months after I graduated high school. Also if you plan to go back for more college it took a whole semester of time and money out of the equation as I already had the credit hours from FFI and EMT-B.

Lammrover
    Thanks, Lammrover. Yea, I'll look into that. Please do email me soon though, would love to talk more one on one on it.

Take care.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dave29 View Post

The guy had an assualt conviction against him just two years before he became a cop, I know guys who can't join fire departments because they had four traffic tickets more than four years old.... Messed up things going on in this world....
    Be for Peace, but don't be for the Enemy!
    -Big Russ

Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

Forum Member

Thumbs down

Lammrover, just why did you start this thread in Firehouse? It has nothing to do with firefighting at all. Some woman, and I am sorry to hear of this, got her self hung up with a worthless puke and was killed. So if he was or had been a cop, what difference does this make? A lot of cops are out in this world as are firefighters. Not all cops or firefighters are bad.

I am amazed at the news folks making this a national news item. So with the same for this stupid woman out West named Paris whatever. It has to be a slow news day to carry all of this.

The only time you ever hear about Firefighters, is 1) they get killed; 2) they get arrested; 3) they make a newsworthy rescue or 4) work a large multi alarm fire that destroys a block of two of some worthless buildings. There arenít many local TV affiliates or national news companies that really care about Firefighters, unless it will make big news or they center on a fatal fire that has taken the lives of Firefighters and then are always in the way trying to interview the Chief or some pump operator.
    Last edited by allineedisu; 06-25-2007 at 04:13 PM.
    OUTSTANDING

Make It Happen

Never forget 9-11-2001
    343 Brothers Who Were MURDERED!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by allineedisu View Post
    Lammrover, just why did you start this thread in Firehouse? It has nothing to do with firefighting at all.
    With all due respect, you aren't the forum police. You are quick to bash others, but preach your ways over others like their's are all incorrect.

If you look, this is in the "OFF DUTY" section, which clearly has a heading of

The place for humourous posts, off-duty issues & discussion

This is clearly an "off-duty discussion" per that description. This is no different then the political threads, the DC "Dry Cleaner" thread, or anything else that we choose to discuss. This may not be of interest to you, but it is national news now. Lay off.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThNozzleMan
    Why? Because we are firemen. We are decent human beings. We would be compelled by the overwhelming impulse to save an innocent child from a tragic, painful death because in the end, we are MEN.

I A C O J
    FTM-PTB

Honorary Disclaimer: While I am a manufacturer representative, I am not here to sell my product. Any advice or knowledge shared is for informational purposes only. I do not use Firehouse.Com for promotional purposes.

Forum Member

The story I read said he was charged with 4 counts of murder and his former classmate was charged with obstruction of justice

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by allineedisu View Post
    Lammrover, just why did you start this thread in Firehouse? It has nothing to do with firefighting at all. Some woman, and I am sorry to hear of this, got her self hung up with a worthless puke and was killed. So if he was or had been a cop, what difference does this make? A lot of cops are out in this world as are firefighters. Not all cops or firefighters are bad.

I am amazed at the news folks making this a national news item. So with the same for this stupid woman out West named Paris whatever. It has to be a slow news day to carry all of this.

The only time you ever hear about Firefighters, is 1) they get killed; 2) they get arrested; 3) they make a newsworthy rescue or 4) work a large multi alarm fire that destroys a block of two of some worthless buildings. There arenít many local TV affiliates or national news companies that really care about Firefighters, unless it will make big news or they center on a fatal fire that has taken the lives of Firefighters and then are always in the way trying to interview the Chief or some pump operator.
    Don't be a jack off, this is the off topic section. And around here our local news does a pretty good job of showing firefighters doing good at pretty much any real structure fire they can get a TV truck too before we have finished our job and packed up from, and they keep an eye on the screw ups to as the coverage of Kentlands shows. You got to take the bad with the good.
    Be for Peace, but don't be for the Enemy!
    -Big Russ

Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

Forum Member

Thumbs down

Yes, this is the Off Duty Forum, But who really give a big $hit about the cop that had knocked the woman up, not once but twice and plus other women and now he has killed her. It is a fact of life and look at him; itís a way of life for him. I am not defending any one, but I get tired of seeing this $hit on the local news. If it happen in our area that is different, but in OHIO or in UTAH, I am sorry , I really don't give a tinkers damn who is killing whom in another part of the country as long as it isn't some jerk off killing Firefighters. Yes the news in VA does an outstanding covering fires and firefighters no problems there. I am proud of the coverage that they give the fire service.

Forum Member

Evidently, according to Jonnee, there arent any members from Ohio or Utah here at Firehouse....Only members from Virginia and we should only talk about things that happen there. If you dont like the news, change the channel. Some people would bitch if they were hung with a new rope

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnee View Post
    Yes, this is the Off Duty Forum, But who really give a big $hit about the cop that had knocked the woman up, not once but twice and plus other women and now he has killed her. It is a fact of life and look at him; itís a way of life for him. I am not defending any one, but I get tired of seeing this $hit on the local news. If it happen in our area that is different, but in OHIO or in UTAH, I am sorry , I really don't give a tinkers damn who is killing whom in another part of the country as long as it isn't some jerk off killing Firefighters. Yes the news in VA does an outstanding covering fires and firefighters no problems there. I am proud of the coverage that they give the fire service.
    So, you only give a crap if someone is killing firefighters?
    Hopefully, you're not someone's role model.
    Your statements are pathetic and ring empty.
    Quite the tough guy if we're standing in front of the mirror posing, aren't we?
    You owe every family of every innocent victim killed in the last, oh, 2007 years an apology for your warped perspective.
    IMHO.
    CR
    Visit www.iacoj.com
    Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
    RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefReason View Post
    So, you only give a crap if someone is killing firefighters?
    Hopefully, you're not someone's role model.
    Your statements are pathetic and ring empty.
    Quite the tough guy if we're standing in front of the mirror posing, aren't we?
    You owe every family of every innocent victim killed in the last, oh, 2007 years an apology for your warped perspective.
    IMHO.
    CR
    Well said CR.

Very eloquent and down to earth.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThNozzleMan
    Why? Because we are firemen. We are decent human beings. We would be compelled by the overwhelming impulse to save an innocent child from a tragic, painful death because in the end, we are MEN.

I A C O J
    FTM-PTB

Honorary Disclaimer: While I am a manufacturer representative, I am not here to sell my product. Any advice or knowledge shared is for informational purposes only. I do not use Firehouse.Com for promotional purposes.

Forum Member

It is a sad day, each day that we turn on the television or pick up a paper and see where someone has killed another. Drugs and other things have cause folks to do things that they might not have done 50 years ago. Or we just didnít hear of it so much. Someoneís daughter is now dead and her unborn child with her. The supposedly boyfriend who is a boyfriend to others, now sit s in jail and in all probably will have his day in court. Not sure if Ohio is a death plenty state, but he needs to be put to death the same way that he put this young woman to death!

Every one has their own reasons and opinions. Not associated with any one but my self!

Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Thread Information