Forum Member

Default Paramedic School

So you think you're ready for this? You think you want to be a paramedic, do ya? I hear all these young whippersnappers coming out of EMT school thinking they're ready, but in all actuality, the paramedics world is a dangerous place. Here you go, Sport: there's a call somehwere and you got a PT with unstable angina on a second story of a burning building, guess what Hot Shot... that dude aint gonna be climbing down the ladder himself. There aint no magic pixie dust to get you up there either. That's why it takes a combination of skills, patience, and more skills. You gotta be ready for the call, and if you think you are, guess again. Just hang in there. It may take some time, but it's worth getting that hands-on time. Just hang in there, strap on a pair, and quit your griping. You'll do fine, simple as that!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky625 View Post
    So you think you're ready for this? You think you want to be a paramedic, do ya? I hear all these young whippersnappers coming out of EMT school thinking they're ready, but in all actuality, the paramedics world is a dangerous place. Here you go, Sport: there's a call somehwere and you got a PT with unstable angina on a second story of a burning building, guess what Hot Shot... that dude aint gonna be climbing down the ladder himself. There aint no magic pixie dust to get you up there either. That's why it takes a combination of skills, patience, and more skills. You gotta be ready for the call, and if you think you are, guess again. Just hang in there. It may take some time, but it's worth getting that hands-on time. Just hang in there, strap on a pair, and quit your griping. You'll do fine, simple as that!
    My, oh my. You should have taken your Lithium this morning.
    Fire Lieutenant/E.M.T.
    IAFF Local 2339
    K of C 4th Degree
    "LEATHER FOREVER"
    Member I.A.C.O.J.
    http://www.tfdfire.com/
    "Fir na tine"

Forum Member

Hey, don't shoot the messenger.

MembersZone Subscriber
    911 N. Sycamore St. Yep, that's really our address.

What in the hell are you talking about?
    Omnis Cedo Domus

www.hinckleyfd.org

Forum Member

Default gotta love it

hey gotta love a challenge huh!!!!!!!!!!!

Forum Member

If he is having angina on the 2nd story of a burning building I would think the last thing he should worry about is chest pain. On a lighter note i do a bottle of pixie dust

JFDRookie
    Firehouse.com Guest

He doesnt need a EMTP either, he needs a few truckies.

Forum Member

Where I am from the medics dont go into burning buildings and make rescues like that (firefighters job). The other thing I have seen and worked with some medics that went from basics to medics in less than 2 years and they run circles around the 10-15 year people.

Forum Member

Maybe not everybody comes from where you're from.

Forum Member

What on Earth are you talking about? Who's going to render medical care in a burning building?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ArkansasFan24 View Post
    What on Earth are you talking about? Who's going to render medical care in a burning building?
    Why, Sparky is, of course.
    Didn't you read his post?
    Fire Lieutenant/E.M.T.
    IAFF Local 2339
    K of C 4th Degree
    "LEATHER FOREVER"
    Member I.A.C.O.J.
    http://www.tfdfire.com/
    "Fir na tine"

Forum Member

Holy crap! You guys are harsh but it's hilarious and true.

Forum Member

is there a question here or is he just ranting?
    "Let's Roll." Todd Beamer 9/11 first soldier in the war on terror

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America. And to the republic for which it stands ONE NATION UNDER GOD indivisible,with liberty, and justice for all.

I.A.C.O.J. Probie and darn proud of it.

Forum Member

He has a similar thread over on the firefighter's forum...seems he goes off the meds for a bit and rambles incoherently. Some of the old-timers jumped him pretty good.

My advice would be to do the same thing you would do with the schizophrenic you meet on the sidewalk mumbling to themselves....

Eyes forward and keep moving!
    Jack of all trades, master of none.

Live Green, Go Yellow!

Join the forums at www.ambulass.com!

Thread Information