Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default Nationals @ IFSI

who went to nationals at the Illinois Fire Service Insitute? where did you come from. what did you think? I thought it was a lot of fun. very intresting time. i am from Plainfield, Illinois about 45minutes south of chicago.

These are my views and mine only! they do not reflect those of my department.

Forum Member

I was there!
    I'm from Rossford, Ohio- Rossford Fire & Rescue Dept. Post 790. I will have a link for my pictures hopefully before ((UPDATED)) 0100 tonight. I will have my video done tomorrow night.
    I had an awesome time. We didn't win anything but we had a blast. Hope everyone else had the same feelings as I did. I could have stayed another couple days, though. The facilities at IFSI and the University of Illinois are very nice and their hospitality was great. It was would nice to go somewhere different in 2009 but I would definatly go back to IFSI for Nationals. I heard a rumor this week that they will either go to Emmittsburg, MD (sp?) or stay at IFSI for 2009.

http://s116.photobucket.com/albums/o3/RFxplr326/ They're under the Nationals at IFSI album.
    I hope to have the video finished tomorrow night.
    Last edited by RFxplr326; 06-23-2007 at 01:30 AM. Reason: PICTURES.
    Firefighter/EMT
    My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

I was there. Third time at nationals, but first time as an advisor. This place had way more to offer than the previous venues in the way of things explorers could participate in. This is also the first time I know of where explorers got to have live fire training at nationals.

This is also the first time all teams competed in all events. Previously, they would randomly assign teams to do only 2 of the events.

I heard the reason they moved the event away from Emmetsburg is because the event is so popular now we outgrew the facility.

The housing facilities were like a Hilton compared to the dorms at Texas. At least here, I didn't have chunks of ceiling falling on me as I slept. No complaints here. Very impressed.

The opening and closing shows were cool, perhaps a bit over the top. Was it required to put those people on stage in the laser cage? How dramatic.

Iím still working on collecting all my pictures and videos. Iím at 3 gigs so farÖ

MembersZone Subscriber

Iím one of the advisors for the Champaign Post and I know that our guys had a really great time. The competition aspect was something new for our post. I want to thank all of you who made the trip here for the conference. I really enjoyed the chance meet so many of you from so many different places and I think we were all very excited to have everyone here. Iím glad to hear that you guys had a great time as well. Thatís my own opinion and perspective anyway.

Forum Member

my post was planing on going but it fell through due to the death of our lead advisor
    i was at texas though and yea the dorms did suck so did the food but we did take second place at that engine relay thing or what ever the hell it was called it was a fun time to go to texas i was kind of hopeing to go this year but meh

champaignexp, once again thanks to your department for hosting it.

It was a pleasure sharing a hall with you guys.

Forum Member

Here's my video. I have 2 versions. This is the only one that YouTube would accept. The other one is about 15 minutes long.
    Firefighter/EMT
    My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

Forum Member

Default Ontario California not Canada

Im fron Ontario california and I went. I thought it was awesome. The only negitive thing was the flight home.

MembersZone Subscriber

OntarioÖhmmÖ why does that sound familiarÖ oh thatís right you guys beet us 21 to 7 at basketballÖ All kidding aside you guys really seemed to have your act together.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by champaignexp View Post
    All kidding aside you guys really seemed to have your act together.
    Yeah. You guys did look pretty good... except there were a few of you who could have made your 'at attention line' look way better. A few of you were slouching and doing some pretty random things... but otherwise you guys looked pretty good. Your and the honor guard post (forget the post name, but the ones that did the closing ceremorny) made my head advisor think about doing that with us... he's not sure if he just wants us to march or go full out honor guard. I'm for it. I think it's pretty neat and it shows the professionalism and maturity of your Post.
    Firefighter/EMT

Forum Member

Smile

This was my third time attending the National Conference, but my first time attending as an advisor. Our post did not win any team events or individual events, but I know that a BLAST was had by all of my Explorers. Hats off to Greg Fischer and his outstanding staff at IFSI for a GREAT Week! If you and your posts want it back at IFSI, you got to send in your critques to the Learning for Life Office, thats our voice to them. I heard nothing but GOOD from Explorer's and Advisors during the entire week relating to all the activities and events that were available. See you all in 2009!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by firemedickyle View Post
    Hats off to Greg Fischer and his outstanding staff at IFSI for a GREAT Week! If you and your posts want it back at IFSI, you got to send in your critques to the Learning for Life Office, thats our voice to them. See you all in 2009!
    I couldn't agree with you more.
    Firefighter/EMT

Kyle there is no way in HELL that we could get our post to march. I can think of only a handful of us that have it together enough to march. And yes I CAN speak from experience.
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
    ------------------------------------

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RFRDxplorer View Post
    Kyle there is no way in HELL that we could get our post to march. I can think of only a handful of us that have it together enough to march. And yes I CAN speak from experience.
    Jake, I think we can do it. It's worth the try and I think it would be a good, positive experience to be able to be in the drill competition at Nationals in '09. We'll talk about this later. I have to go to my brother's.
    Firefighter/EMT

Hey guys Im from Champaign Post 207 and wanted to thank all of you for comming it was great!!
    Thanks again!

Pitch

Thread Information